Any slow losers out there?

Hi, I think a lot of the problem is managing expectation. I think, as others have said, that because it's a VLCD we automatically assume that we must lose half a stone a week etc which is simply not doable. Exante say that a stone a month is what you should expect which, averaged out at 3lbs a week is what most of us are doing.
When I did LL 5+ years ago I lost 6lbs in my first week and I was 20.7st, this time with a starting weight a stone less, I lost exactly a stone. Go figure!?!?!

What I did on LL and have done with Exante also, is to do a weightless calendar. I've planned, on the basis of a 4lb loss each week what weight I will be when. I then plot alongside it, what I actually was. So far I'm ahead of the game despite my 3/4lb loss this week. It does make you realise how much you've lost and how the weight loss does average itself out at 3-4lbs a week.

Hope that helps a little bit xxxx

I think 'new mummy's' response is spot on. Weight loss measured by the scales is fraught with difficulties. I found some weeks I did not lose anything, then only a pound the next week but overall it was a stone a month. I took to weighing only once a month so I could be guaranteed a big loss. But relax and chill, it works.
Your clothes are a good guide and I found that a stone was about a size. Magic!!

The last stone took two months but the other five an average of a stone a month. It can be so discouraging to see no loss or less than you expect. That can be off putting - I would just say carry on, trust the plan, it works. An average of a stone a month is fantastic weight loss when compared with conventional diets.

It works, promise...

GSQ

Hi all you've really helped me!! I was starting to feel a bit deflated too. Only lost 1lb in my 5th week. I thought it would be more. But hearing or reading that I'm not the only one has helped. I'm determined to see this through. We can do this!! Let's be losers together!!

My loss is slowing down as well, but then again I have cheated a few times! I do think as you start to weigh less it gets harder to lose the big numbers each week.

Hi Mia, you must be so frustrated, and with all that exercise too, it's so odd just how different it is for everyone, even on a diet like this that you would think the weight would fall off everybody. I'm just trying to think, roll on Sunday, at the moment, because I have to have lost something this week! I'll even brave a measure and maybe take some progress pics, my hubby says the difference is unreal but I've not really been looking in the mirror too much as I'm nowhere near happy with what I can see yet. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone, I guess some of us just lose slower. Dangnabbit!

Hi. Maybe it is the exercise which is slowing it down, but I don't think I actually do THAT much. Last week I did 4.5 hours of exercise in a week - not a lot really. I think I may increase my swimming becasue this is what tones me. I carry all my weight round my stomach, I look wierd I think coz I have skinny arms, legs etc and loads of bellies :wave_cry:. I won't stop exercising coz it does me good in other ways too. So ..... you are not alone. It's crap I know, but what is the alternative. We could go on WW or SW and lose half a pound a week or stuff our faces and put on each week, so let's stick with it??

Good luck for WI. I hope you have a good loss and it keeps you motivated x

Thanks all, I think because I lost so much faster the last time I expected the same this time. My mobility has decreased a lot, arthritis and tiredness playing a huge part so I'm not burning off anything extra really.

I measured today and the inches I've lost is quite startling, yet still not a stone off and almost 6 weeks in.

Total losses in 5 weeks 3 days

Right arm - 1.25"
Left arm - 0.5"
Upper chest - 2"
Bust (fullest part) - 3.5"
Under bust - 2.75"
Waist - 5.75"
Hips - 3"
Right thigh - 2.25"
Left thigh - 2"
Right knee - 0.75"
Left knee - 0.75"
Calves - 0.75" each

Weight loss - 13lbs. Booooo.

Sorry for lack of personals I'm on my phone and nursing a sore wrist so keeping it brief x

metabolism is a strange thing... especially if you have been a serial dieter! I know it's frustrating, but it will work in the end..
xx

Sorry forget to ask how much water are you drinking?

I'm only in my first week of WS so can't say yet if my loss will be slow, when I did LL first week went get but then was very slow for the remaining three months.

Keep ur chin up I'm sure you'll become the shape you want to be

Sammy x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I was reading earlier that it is importent to weigh yourself and measue (as you are doing) as many people think they have hit a non loss phase but will be shifting inches, which is really healthy for you! I know the lack of weigh loss must be disheartening thou, I know I would find any diet hard where I was not shifting weight. Maybe reconsider when you havn't lost weight or inches for two weeks in a row. :) either way I hope things go the way you want them to.

Another consistently slow loser here. And I certainly don't do any exercise so can't use that excuse!!! I have been on Exante for 5 weeks and lost a measly 10 lbs. OK so I have had one weekend where I was totally off plan and I went out for dinner Valentine's night (and had some bread and butter pudding on Sunday!!) so I've not been an angel however this is the 5th time I have done VLCD, I am usually much stricter, and I have ALWAYS had smaller losses than most people. Only once have I had a larger than 4lb loss I think which was a freakish 9lb loss the first week on the last time round - unheard of before or since. I usually lose 1 or 2 lbs a week, or STS. So long as it's going down, that's my theory!! And of course I don't have tonnes to lose in the first place (although I had this problem when my BMI was 30 as well).

And yes, men are annoying.....xx

Hiya fattibum
Im swapping over to WS today because of a visit to the docs for a meds review this morn..
I have to take morphine for spinal pain and it binds me up ..add the Exante constipation into the mix and im really struggling...
Also he doesnt think my meds are absorbing properly due to lack of bulk veg/salad etc going into my stomache .. (pain has been awful since my TS restart)..
I think the smaller we get the slower the losses so dont get disheartened.
Some peoples metabalism really slows due to lask of calories so WS may well be better for you than TS anyways...
I'm stating WS today so i will update you with how i get on after a week if ya like seeing as i have been doing TS up till now.. (with a few blips lol)
I think the WS will stop the blips for me as i am not blipping with rubbish its veg/salad and chicken i crave lol ...
I will add you as a friend and PM you how i get on... just in case i lose ya in the threads lol xxxx

Hi to all the new posters, sorry I've not replied but I've not been on much the last couple of days. I will get back later on the laptop and catch up properly, it's a pain in the app.

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear from other WS and slow losers!

Fbb x

My weightloss has slowed down this week too. Week 5 weigh in - only 1/2 lb loss with 25lbs lost up until then. Very frustrating and harder to stay motivated. After reading through this thread it seems a few people have mentioned week 5 as being a bit rubbish. Is this common then, does anyone know?

Hi all, I did ok on week 5, but this week I am not sure it is going to be nearly as good, just doesnt feel as though I have lost like previously, however it is in a day or two the TOTM. I have no idea how much this slows people down. As long as I have 2lbs loss then I will be happy.
Yipee it is the weekend - am exhausted from work.

Really glad to find this thread ( not logged on for a week properly primarily due to flow losses) . I have also been pretty good . Had a few glasses of wine last weekend and for valentines dinner but apart from that no carbs and been TS 80% of the time . I am not losing weight tho I feel like I have lost inches ( not measured but a pair of trousers less tight) , I am exercising 3 or 4 times a week ( quite intense levfl) plus yoga so perhaps it is that old muscle thing but it is really frustrating to live on soups etc . Wondered if it was the bars or maybe I need more water ...,on week 5 now and only 9 pound loss ...,,,,,,altogether . Sooooo frustrating to read other people's diaries especially shen they cheat and still lose ... I have at least 2 1/2 stone more to lose so grrrrrrr

ItIsLucy said:
My weightloss has slowed down this week too. Week 5 weigh in - only 1/2 lb loss with 25lbs lost up until then. Very frustrating and harder to stay motivated. After reading through this thread it seems a few people have mentioned week 5 as being a bit rubbish. Is this common then, does anyone know?

Wow... I wouldn't call 25lbs in 5 wks a slow loss!! That's 5lbs a week on average and that's the way you have to look at it... Not week by week but over a period of time.

Keep at it!

There seem to be so many of us feeling we're losing slowly, you just never can tell with diets can you? I think my biggest problem this last week has been that it was definitely my TOTM, as i've said before, it's been so messed up I didn't know if it was or not but I out on some weight and inches last week, and was visibly bigger at the beginning of this week and now i seem to have shrunk loads, I think I have lost a couple of pounds but I've lost inches again. I tried on some things couldn't wear before and there is room in a few of them, I can get dresses over my thighs and jeans up, but still 6 weeks for a stone still seems really long but it also is showing now. A girl at nursery said she could see the difference today's in my face and told me not to lose anymore, but I've got at least 1 stone to go, preferably 1.5.

A guy my hubby works with is starting Exante on Monday, everyone was a bit shocked at it but now when he says that he's lost 2stones in 6 weeks they're actually being impressed :).

Right bedtime for me, I was super hungry earlier so had an extra bar instead of my meal so it's just tea or bullion for me tonight, no porridge for supper, I'm sure I'll cope though.

Have a great weekend and good losses for all of us. Fbb x

2.5lbs off this week. About bloomin time!

Fattibumbum said:
2.5lbs off this week. About bloomin time!

Yay! Well done!
After my disappointing week last week (0.5 lbs) I have already lost 3lbs this week since my weigh in on Thursday. I'm so pleased I stuck with it, even if I did think about giving up many times when the scales weren't moving!
Well done with your weightloss. The only way is down!

Back