Any slow losers out there?

Thanks all, I think because I lost so much faster the last time I expected the same this time. My mobility has decreased a lot, arthritis and tiredness playing a huge part so I'm not burning off anything extra really.

I measured today and the inches I've lost is quite startling, yet still not a stone off and almost 6 weeks in.

Total losses in 5 weeks 3 days

Right arm - 1.25"
Left arm - 0.5"
Upper chest - 2"
Bust (fullest part) - 3.5"
Under bust - 2.75"
Waist - 5.75"
Hips - 3"
Right thigh - 2.25"
Left thigh - 2"
Right knee - 0.75"
Left knee - 0.75"
Calves - 0.75" each

Weight loss - 13lbs. Booooo.

Sorry for lack of personals I'm on my phone and nursing a sore wrist so keeping it brief x

Hi there, I'm a bit late joining this thread but just wanted to say don't give up! Your weight may not be coming off as quickly as you wanted but the measurements show that the fat is melting away :)
I am a nurse and would also point out that if you have any kind of inflammatory condition (arthritis, injury or even a heavy exercise session) you will retain fluid in response, any medication can also play havoc with weight loss. Make sure you drink extra water and stick with it and you'll get there. You're doing well with the fat loss which is what really counts :patback:

angel-missy said:
Hi there, I'm a bit late joining this thread but just wanted to say don't give up! Your weight may not be coming off as quickly as you wanted but the measurements show that the fat is melting away :)
I am a nurse and would also point out that if you have any kind of inflammatory condition (arthritis, injury or even a heavy exercise session) you will retain fluid in response, any medication can also play havoc with weight loss. Make sure you drink extra water and stick with it and you'll get there. You're doing well with the fat loss which is what really counts :patback:

Thank you so much for the info, I did wonder if my medication would cause problems with it but couldn't find much info online. The weight seems to be moving again so hopefully my body has realised its doing fine and will go with it for a bit. I'm happy to be getting smaller but it's nicer to see the scales reflect it too. I always think to myself that I'm dieting to lose weight and when The weight wasn't doing that it was really peeing me off lol.

I have struggled with my water in take the last couple of days so I'll get back to normal today with luck.

Thanks again :)

It can be frustrating when the scales don't reflect the effort you've put in. You may well lose slower than others due to the meds and inflammation problems but it will still be quicker than trying to just eat less etc. Also if you take any steroidal meds they can really mess up your blood sugar levels causing insulin release and slow weight loss. Keep it up - even if the scales are moving slowly at least it's in the right direction :)

See what I mean???? Week 7 WI and I've lost ......... wait for it ......... a massive 1.25lb :( I just want to cry my eyes out. Last week I was soooo hungry I had a WS meal consisting of 1 pot of very low fat cottage cheese, 2 lettuce leaves, a tiny bit of cucumber, carrot etc and about 6 bit of pasta. The pasta meaning to kick me out of ketosis for last Friday when I had 2 x vodka and coke zero and 3 x halves of cider. I have swam over 2.5 miles in 3 days and did an aqua class and that's what I get for all my effort - 1.25 flaming pound. I can't tell you all how sick I am now !!!!!!!

Mia said:
See what I mean???? Week 7 WI and I've lost ......... wait for it ......... a massive 1.25lb :( I just want to cry my eyes out. Last week I was soooo hungry I had a WS meal consisting of 1 pot of very low fat cottage cheese, 2 lettuce leaves, a tiny bit of cucumber, carrot etc and about 6 bit of pasta. The pasta meaning to kick me out of ketosis for last Friday when I had 2 x vodka and coke zero and 3 x halves of cider. I have swam over 2.5 miles in 3 days and did an aqua class and that's what I get for all my effort - 1.25 flaming pound. I can't tell you all how sick I am now !!!!!!!

Aw Mia I'm gutted for you, I know how it feels, i bet next week you'll lose loads though and the inches will be falling off you. Are you measuring? It's good to keep your spirits up and see that something is happening. Maybe try on some clothes that were tight on you? Big hugs, it sucks. :(

Aw Mia I'm gutted for you, I know how it feels, i bet next week you'll lose loads though and the inches will be falling off you. Are you measuring? It's good to keep your spirits up and see that something is happening. Maybe try on some clothes that were tight on you? Big hugs, it sucks. :(

Hi FBB, I must admit I am losing inches. I tried a dress on tonight that I couldnt even get on last week and its still tight - but it's on. People are telling me to stop exercising for a few weeks and see how it goes, but I don't really want to do that coz I really have got a BIG belly to shift. I also feel I am toning as I go. Still, I am totally p****d off at the moment with the loss. It's rubbish :cry:

Mia said:
Hi FBB, I must admit I am losing inches. I tried a dress on tonight that I couldnt even get on last week and its still tight - but it's on. People are telling me to stop exercising for a few weeks and see how it goes, but I don't really want to do that coz I really have got a BIG belly to shift. I also feel I am toning as I go. Still, I am totally p****d off at the moment with the loss. It's rubbish :cry:

The thing about the exercise is it can only do you good so keep it up, once all that fat has gone you'll find rock hard abs lol. I wish I had the energy to do more, I need to tone up so badly.

Keep trying on that dress, I couldn't get my skinny jeans over my thighs 7.5 weeks ago, now they're fastened and almost muffin free. It's worth it, you can do it and you'll lose the weight. Slowly (yuk) but surely x

Mamakash said:
Hey mis me too . After 4 days of TS I actually put on 1.5 pounds ..,
Just seen the comment re inflammation and wondering if that's the cause

Or maybe I have a dud pack of exante !!

Hi mamakash, are you due your TOTM? So weird that you've put on. I did the same the week before my TOTM though, lost weight, gained it and a few inches too between various parts. The next week I measured and had lost 2" off my waist once AF was here. Our bodies are horrible, confusing things aren't they?

Good luck for your weigh in, hopefully it's all going to sort itself out. X

Hey I feel the same as you! I'm starting to wonder if all the excersise is impeeding my loss too? TO be honest though when I'm excersising I feel so much happier and I am definetly more toned and have way less orange peel on the back of my legs! I suppose its a catch 22 thing isnt it? I'm loving my arm muscles now though! Beats bingo wings!

Yeah, Im keep getting conflicting information. Do exercise, don't exercise etc. I am just so stuck on what to do. People are beginning to comment now so to be honest I think I will stick with it. I enjoy it too and FBB is right, it is only doing me good. Exercise can't harm me so I will carry on, just not overdo things. I don't want to look like Fatima Whitbread !

Back