Any special occasion your slimming for?

This is a similar story to mine except for the fact my mum fortunately lived through her breast cancer treatment, but the treatment for that gave her uterine cancer :( she has just had follow up tests and her colestral and Bp are far too high.

Mum, Dad, my brother and I are all overweight and need to do something about it.

Oh and a beautiful pair of size 12 jeans wouldn't go amiss :D

so glad to hear that your mum recovered well. It's really nice to hear a success story, would hate anyone to go through what I have had to the past 12months.

Lots of Love
Hayley x

well im slimming for a number of reasons the main is to be healthy for myself and my kids and to avoid being diagnosed with a diabetis i got a scare when i was pregnant i was diagnosed with gestational diabetis but luckly after i had my son it went away but i was told there would always be a chance it could return so im hoping with loosing weight my risk factor will go down and also cuz i want to look nice on holiday and not feel everyone is staring at me

A few things... I've been at target weight before and know how good that feels. I then put on over 4 stone when pregnant and I've never lost it all even though my son is 3 in January!

The spurring on factor was seeing someone from school on FB who used to be a lot bigger than me and has now slimmed down dramatically and if I'm honest, I'm jealous!

Also, one of my best friends gets married next year and her hen do is in the south of france. As it stands I will be the biggest out of the group of 15, by a mile and I want to enjoy the weekend without worrying about how fat I look in the pictures.

Her wedding is a month after and I'll be seeing a lot of people that I haven't seen since college which is spurring me on also.

It goes without saying that I want to be healthy for my family too but if I'm honest, for me at the moment it's all about appearances and how I'm perceived by others, sad isn't it?!

I am doing it for myself and my kids but also as i have applied to do a pgce in primary school teaching starting next september so am gonna need to be fit lol. Also i take after my mums side of the family who all have high blood pressure and cholestral and would rather not be suffering from these when i get to 40.

Im trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, i wont be eating for 2 next time i tell you that!! lol

Im doing i for a lot of reasons, mainly my health, but also because I couldn't stand the way i looked or felt - so miserable and plain! But also so that in the future I can have children and be healthy! I also want to become a teacher so I want to be slimmer so I wont get made fun of by the children (how sad is that?) and feel more confident in the classroom

Im doing i for a lot of reasons, mainly my health, but also because I couldn't stand the way i looked or felt - so miserable and plain! But also so that in the future I can have children and be healthy! I also want to become a teacher so I want to be slimmer so I wont get made fun of by the children (how sad is that?) and feel more confident in the classroom

its not sad at all i understand that completely my son got picked on at primary school because he had an over weight mum . I dont want to be a fat teacher either.

i'm losing to be able to be referred for fertility treatment so we can have children :) we've been trying for 2 years already and i've only got 11lbs standing in my way!!

x

So that I look like a princess on my wedding day next May!! And so that I look a little decent on my honeymoon in my swim wear! Maldives here I come!!

So I can say I wasn't oveweight for the whole of my teenage years :))) and to improve (presently low) self confidence and health. Also to not feel like an outcast/eyesore amonst pretty slim friends. x

hi lowfated, looks like you've made a great start :)

My eldest daughter is getting married next august and I have been fat on all my wedding pictures ( all 4 of them ) and I refuse to be fat on hers, so when I am gone and she looks at my pictures she will know i tried hard for her to have nice pictures to look at - I did tell her this and she said 'dont be so soft you are my mum and i will love you what ever shape you are, if you want to be happy then good for you xx' bless xx

I'm slimming because I'm absolutely sick of not being able to shop for clothes in shops I actually like! That's the main reason. My bf hates when I go shopping cos he knows I'll just get upset that nothing I like fits me. :(

I'm slimming because I'm absolutely sick of not being able to shop for clothes in shops I actually like! That's the main reason. My bf hates when I go shopping cos he knows I'll just get upset that nothing I like fits me. :(

I feel your pain :( evans's just doesn't cut it anymore, but can occassionally get stuff in Asda, but its still soul destroying.

Yeah, Evans is hit and miss, I got a nice top for my xmas night out in their sale last week but that was the only nice thing out of the whole sale. I bought all of my work tops in Asda, I can fit into their size 24's but only certain things not all of their clothes. I don't even try in New Look's Inspire section anymore, it seems to be getting smaller these days anyway.

Did manage to get a nice top in H&M last week in their plus size dept, but not a lot else.

I found with a lot of plus size clothing that the material feels so hard and uncomfortable, why is this :confused:

My sister is getting married in May next year and i'm a bridesmaid along with 2 of her very pretty, very slim friends. It's good motivation but i'm not doing this for the short term :)

I also want to shop at the front of New Look and not have to search for the fat section!!

Back