Any SW members in Ireland :)

I used to live in Cork but moved to the States a year ago.... alas no SW in cork so used to go it alone.. in fact it wasnt even in Ireland then LOL

Yep living in wicklow, what about yourself? How are you finding Sw. Pity we cant get Quark here isnt it so many recipes seem to have it.

Yep living in wicklow, what about yourself? How are you finding Sw. Pity we cant get Quark here isnt it so many recipes seem to have it.

Sometines...although not often Tesco have it... ask them they may be able to get it in ...

Hey!

I'm down in Cork City! (originally from Shropshire England) I've been doing SW via Body Optimise.

I've been on the hunt for Quark, found it nowhere as of yet apart from the English Market - but that was made with Full Fat milk and was 7.8% fat :eek:

Hi Ladies,

My local Tesco stocks a greek 0% fat yogurt which I have been using as a substitute. It's ok. I had a great loss in the first week but I think ate and drank too much this week and have stayed the same. Have been very positive for the last two weeks but tonight I just want to eat rings around myself.

Plan for next week is to stick to the plan 100% and exercise.

How is everyone else doing...

Hey!

I'm down in Cork City! (originally from Shropshire England) I've been doing SW via Body Optimise.

I've been on the hunt for Quark, found it nowhere as of yet apart from the English Market - but that was made with Full Fat milk and was 7.8% fat :eek:

Hi Say...Oh I miss the English Market....:sigh: I used to get it in Tesco at Wilton... well got it there once or twice, might be worth asking them if they can get it in again... I had to ask them about it and as they got it in ( only a few times mind) couldn't have been the only one wanting it...

Ooh! I'll have to look into that. We're off to Tesco out at Mahon Point or Douglas village (after Eircom Engineer decides to turn up!)

As those Tesco's are ... well, they're lovely and they're the only place I can get the Fibre plus bars :cry:The only place I can get Alpen lights that aren't apple and sultana.

I think I have a list as long as my arm, the tesco just off Patrick Street is horrid! I do long for a clementine, a nice ripe one!

Ooh! I'll have to look into that. We're off to Tesco out at Mahon Point or Douglas village (after Eircom Engineer decides to turn up!)

As those Tesco's are ... well, they're lovely and they're the only place I can get the Fibre plus bars :cry:The only place I can get Alpen lights that aren't apple and sultana.

I think I have a list as long as my arm, the tesco just off Patrick Street is horrid! I do long for a clementine, a nice ripe one!

Hated Paul St Tesco.... Wilton was mt fav and the nearest to me... I lived just outside of Macroom... used to love Dunnes but they vary so much from shop to shop...and hated SuperValue too...

Oh god, I don't think I've even ventured into Supervalue.

Tesco on Paul St is ok for certain things, but if you want fresh produce, nooooo!

Started getting it again from the English Market, the only problem is walking past the counter for the sausage people. Cooking all those sausages is deadly (for me!)

I'm in Wicklow too. I did slimming world when I lived in England for a few years and it's the only plan that ever worked for me. Pity there are no Wicklow clubs yet, the Dublin ones are just a little to far away. I was never a big Quark user so I've not missed it but I find low fat fromage frais can be a good substitute for some things.

Hey! I have the best of both worlds! I live in Cavan but go to the club in Enniskillen so ASDA is right beside me! :) Still would love to find out the syn values of Stuff from Dunnes and SuperValue, as thats where I would shop mostly! :)

I live in county antrim but only started SW on monday but the club i go to has a butcher that brings SW sausages and burgers with no syns had some earlier today they were really nice, was afraid to try quark in case i didnt like it lol

It is pretty easy to work out the syn values of stuff online.

Still plodding along here. Just back from a week in Mayo where I ate and drank waaaayy to much and put on 1lb so am hoping to get it off this week!

Last edited:
I can no longer go to the class. So I am missing out on logging online for syn values :( I find I am trying to stick to everything listed in the book in case I go over in syns.

Grah! No asda down here in the south!

I must say ... some of the supermarkets within cork are pretty pants.

Reds if you put what you need how many syns for I will try and find it on SW site and let you know what syns are in the item

Just bumping this old thread. I am back on SW and planning on doing it for good this time. Any other ROI members still about?

Hi, just joined this site. found it by accident. i'm doing SW. have my meeting in half an hour :sigh: wont be a good one, but im back on track now... i'm in the kilkenny class.

Back