Any SW wine lushes out there.....

Josiecat said:
I love wine and mainly a red wine drinker. I tend to buy the miniature wines in the supermarket that are 3 for £5. Keeps my syns down and stops me having a whole bottle. I get cravings for wine on a Friday! But I do know that when I start drinking it makes me feel hungry and then I binge and tend to mess up. I try to avoid it but it is difficult as I like to chill out with some wine after a stressful week teaching the nations teenagers lol!

Genius and god damnit I just went to tesco!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love rose and drink it with diet lemonade to make it last longer but i still polish off the bottle on a saturday night no bother-i just try not to have syns on friday or saturday-this weekend tho i had my syns and my wine hence i STS this week :)

Rose is the devils work lol. Far too sweet for me.

I find with voddy and diet coke I drink it like pop and it's expensive. I can drink as many syns in voddy as a large vino in the same time. So drinking shorts is a futile exercise for me. Gin I'm a bit slower with but bombay, literally costs a bomb in a bar!

Thank you so much all for your replies, does mean a lot. Might have to give that lighter wine a go too.

Hahahahah I love the wino's (it's like a hidden sect)...no-one wants to admit they drink loads of wine...it's frowned on.....yes I do think it slows down weight loss but geez we gotta have a life.... there's those that eat chocolate and there's those who like wine #me. As long as we know the rules and are realistic.....it's our journey xxxx

Haha true. Plus I don't look at this as a "diet", I look at it as a lifestyle change. So realistically, I am going to have wine on nights out. If I can't do things I enjoy, there's no way I'd stick to this!

i loves the vino too !! i save my syns every day for my two glasses on an evening, thats how much i love it! i have recently started drinking a bit more at weekends tho, its getting more and more.....ah well thats life and it stops me feeling deprived

This afternoon will be a good test. We are out walking and I'm sure we'll pass some pubs!

Totally. I typically se around 80-90% of my syns on wine alone; sometimes 100%, like for example last Friday when I had a whole 3 x 125ml glasses (13.5 syns)!!

Not bad, considering before SW I'd usually think nothing of necking a whole bottle to myself on a Friday night whilst wallowing in a bubblebath with a good book, a face mask and some nice candles (oh, it's a hard life!!), then require assistance getting out due to being a bit wobbly on my feet and then probably crack another one open to enjoy a glass or two watching QI!

It does feel like a bit of a waste of syns sometimes, as I do pretty much always have at least 1 x 125ml glass of an evening, so if I have another couple I can't have any other naughties!

Loving this wine thread :D Off to Sainsbury's after work and I might just treat myself to a little bottle. Got loads of diet lemonade in so I can make it last forever :angeldevil: Hubby's out on the drink for 2 nights so I may as well make the most of a pampering bubble bath and a good novel. I can't wait :)

This thread has made me feel so much better, thank you all! I can now have a lovely weekend guilt-free! PS - I will have a glass of Pinot in hand by 5pm! Roll on hometime!

EXCELLENT!!!!

So it seems I've brought the lushes out of hiding lol as it were. I must admit I did think twice about starting this thread in fear of virtual wrist slapping!

Not bad, considering before SW I'd usually think nothing of necking a whole bottle to myself on a Friday night whilst wallowing in a bubblebath with a good book, a face mask and some nice candles (oh, it's a hard life!!), then require assistance getting out due to being a bit wobbly on my feet and then probably crack another one open to enjoy a glass or two watching QI!!

:p;) That is so me too. I was lucky enough to get an ipad for christmas and my habit now when indulging in a long soak with a glass or three is to prob it up on the loo by the bath and watch Mrs Browns boys etc on Iplayer. Love it!

Boyfriend is now on six month deployment but does the same minus the wine watching Mongrels ;) Oh and that means I have to get myself out the bath and generally have a lay down if the bath is too hot LMAO!

Nothing to do with the wine you understand ;-)

So glad I read this post! I love my wine too - used to have at least a bottle on a Friday and Saturday (sometimes a Sunday too - oooops!) now I am being very restrained and usually have a couple of small glasses on a Friday and save a load of syns for a Saturday blow out! Been a hard week though so may have to have more than a small one tonight!
Hope all you other lushes enjoy your wine tonight - I know I will be!
Helen xx

Another wine lover creeping into this thread :party0036: !!

But...here's the thing...I find personally, that if I have a drink or two of wine it actually speeds up my weight loss? Anyone else have the same "problem" lol?

I raise my glass of merlot to you all ;-)

I have however just done a 12k walk up hill and down dale.

I have the same problem so I limit myself to once a week :( On a Saturday I let myself have as much as I want but try to make it out of bounds the rest of the week. Occasionally I let myself have a bit on a Wednesday night too as that's WI day, but no more than those 2.

I also try not to keep it in the house too much. Generally Im OK as long as its not open, once its open it has to be emptied :eek: Unfortunately after one bottle Im quite happy to open the next so its best if there is just no more in the bladdy house :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its so expensive these days that when I see an offer on Ill often buy 6 or something :wave_cry:

I do the same. I limit it to saturday after lunch and try to have just one bottle.

Well I was good a s had two small reds even tho more was offered.

Back