Any SW wine lushes out there.....

Most of the gorgeous old country pubs around here are for sale now... I'd so love to buy one with a massive beer garden and make it wonderful.

It would have:
- An awesome beer garden with fruit trees and flowers in summer. Hot days = paddling pool for cooling the tootsies!
- Tasty no-messing-around food, but with syns properly worked out
- I would keep all types of wine, ciders and real, local ales, as well as low-alcohol types
- Nice, proper wine glasses! Who is sick of paying 6 quid in the pub for a glass of wine only for it to arrive in in a rubbishy poxy standard glass from 1989?
- I would stock sugar-free versions of all cordials and soft drinks. I'd then also be able to make low-syn cocktails out of these just for fun ;)
- An inglenook fireplace (of course!) for chilly nights
- PUB QUIZ!! :flirt2:

Who wants to come? :D

Last edited:
Haha well I'm from Durham originally so I'd be happy to come home for that :)

First glass of wine in a week going down nicely. Large Pinot with ice and a glass of soda water. Have a fab weekend folks and enjoy your lushness if you partake.

I've walked nearly ten miles today so I do not feel guilty lol

Mmmm Ive just opened my first one too, ewas supposed to be saving it til tomorrow butsodit :rolleyes: :D

I wonder what it was that put me off alcohol, then I could give u advise!

But i really dont know why i dont like drinking alcohol!

I have not had alcohol since New Years.......I really want a bottle of red wine!!!

Really craving the pinot tonight but I'm waiting until tomorrow night: karaoke at the pub with work people. The more I want it tonight and resist, the better it will be tomorrow.

I just need to keep telling myself that skinny tastes better than red wine.........

I totally gave in to my urge last night! Haha but I don't feel bad about it, I had a bottle which still leaves me with enough syns left to have a bottle tonight plus another 250ml glass if I feel like it. My logic was that I didn't want to have too much tonight anyway because I'm out with work people and don't want to embarrass myself, so if I had some of it last night I wouldn't be "allowed" to have too much anyway. :)

Hehe looks like sound logic to me!!!

One thing I'm curious about though (I am a SW newb so I'm just learning), doesn't 2 bottles of wine plus a 250ml glass add up to almost 60 syns - isn't that way too much for one weekend? Do you do your syns differently, like half your weekly syns at the weekend then the other half for during the week?

Very glad to find this thread - I thought it was just me! I'm in my third s/w week and I have to confess I spend all my syns on wine! Still managing to lose 2, 2.5 pounds a week though. Going to cut down next week (when a fabulous bottle of pinot is finished) as an experiment to see if it speeds up the weight loss much. Will let you know!

Hehe looks like sound logic to me!!!

One thing I'm curious about though (I am a SW newb so I'm just learning), doesn't 2 bottles of wine plus a 250ml glass add up to almost 60 syns - isn't that way too much for one weekend? Do you do your syns differently, like half your weekly syns at the weekend then the other half for during the week?

I count my syns weekly, yes. Start at 105 and if I know I'm going to have a bit of a weekend and I cut down during the week.

I count my syns weekly, yes. Start at 105 and if I know I'm going to have a bit of a weekend and I cut down during the week.

Ah I understand! Thanks for clarifying! :D

I had a 175ml glass of the best red wine I have had this year.......it was delicious!

confession time!!!

I thought i'd post onthis thread as a means of shaming myself.... had a really bad week with the old vino. Not really been drinking at all for about 4 months but this week ....wait for it..... for bottles of red wine??!!
Been quite stressed and anxious but hey that's no excuse. As of today it stops.... i've not had any other syns but still feel i've completely blown it!
i've been exercising really well this week with a personal trainer but pretty sure i've counteracted all my hard work with the wine lol. :eek:
So anyway confession time over, back onthe wagon as of now and my PT is coming for a session now so will ask her to kick my butt as punishment!
Mel

Well Friday and Saturday have been heavy wine days for me after two birthday celebrations.

Supposed to be going out for lunch today too. Eeeek.

I can be so good with food but oh the wine!

I thought i'd post onthis thread as a means of shaming myself.... had a really bad week with the old vino. Not really been drinking at all for about 4 months but this week ....wait for it..... for bottles of red wine??!!
Been quite stressed and anxious but hey that's no excuse. As of today it stops.... i've not had any other syns but still feel i've completely blown it!
i've been exercising really well this week with a personal trainer but pretty sure i've counteracted all my hard work with the wine lol. :eek:
So anyway confession time over, back onthe wagon as of now and my PT is coming for a session now so will ask her to kick my butt as punishment!
Mel

Awww it's okay! Four bottles sounds like a lot but when you think about it, that's 3L of wine. 3 litres divided by 7 days is 428.5 ml per day. Which by my calculations, works out at precisely 14.69 syns per day. So you're still on track! Yay!

(Yes, I've thought long and hard about syns in wine... :eek:)

I effed up last night and had two bottles, OOPS. Not feeling too bad about it though because it's the first time since I started that I've gone over my syns and I've had good losses so far so I can spare a week where I may STS or gain. I had a nice time anyway and that's what counts. A blip on my otherwise good record. :)

Back