Any SW wine lushes out there.....

I love my wine also especially red. But I'm giving up for lent. I really need to. I save my syns for wine which isn't a problem but then I want toast, then I want crisps, then I want a bowl of alpen. All the things I don't want normally. But once I get to my target I am going on a wine binge , I'll have 3 lb to play with lol. I just have to keep the picture in my mind of a skinny ( er) me and a nice glass of red in my hand in a beer garden somewhere on a sunny summer afternoon lol.

Drank the bar dry last night ppl. It's not big and it's not clever but it was so much fun!!! ;) Trying a low alcohol wine tonight that I'm taking to a house party so I'll let you all know if it's decent enough to drink. Only £2.99 in home bargains :D

Had two 250ml glasses of red wine last night and still have a headache now! Am dangerously close to becoming a lightweight I think as I've cut down so much now! No booze tonight ( well maybe just one small one!) as hubby is at the rugby at twickenham so I'm home alone with the kids - not as much fun drinking on your own!

H xx

I try to stick to vodka and diet coke if I want a drink but there are some meals that you just HAVE to have a lovely glass of red wine with, roast for example. Work it into your syns - I have one bottle over the weekend which means a large glass for Fri and sat and Sun. x

I love rose. I bought banrock station light. They have a white one too.. Not sure about red. It's 18syns for bottle and 5.5%. I love it.
And this thread is fab.:-D

Ooooh I love Banrock. I don't like rose though, too sweet. Will look out for the white.

Well, forgive me SW for I have synned!

Totally forgot about a 30th party last night so took a bottle of pinot with me thinking I'll only have a couple. Got there and their all on shorts or cocktails.

Did the whole bottle without realising as I was gassing and being topped up by others.

Oh well!

I was very good with the food though and left all the pizza and crisps alone :)

Shhhh don't tempt me lol. I've had my quota for this week!

Applekath said:
No probs. I was feeling a little on my own before starting this thread or indeed questioning if my friends and I have a problem lol.

I don't like sweet either. Vile!!!!!

I love this thread. It's given me comfort in a lush way. Cake? What cake? It's all about controlling the booze and social life for me.

Thank you for this thread. I've just posted my disgraceful consumption of alcohol this weekend on another thread. I'm glad its not just me. But I need to try and control it or else I won't lose weight. And *sigh* that's kind of what its all about! Soooo hard...

Well i've over consumed this week, yesterday alone (due to the Rugby) i had 2 lovely pints of Scrumpy and then at home - i enjoyed a gorgeous bottle of Sauv Blanc to myself :rolleyes:!

Wine free tonight and hoping to stay that way now until next weekend! ;) Wish me luck! I really need to cut back, as one glass becomes another and so on! x

I'm exactly the same but I'm getting better at keeping it under control and being honest about the syns in my food diary etc.

Hello fellow lushes!! Well after promising I would have a few drinkies on the Stag do I went to and scarper early...I ended up visiting eight pubs in twelve hours and consuming at least fifteen g and t's....stuck to singles even when asked if I wanted a double for a pound extra and a few times just got another tonic and topped my glass with that and eat out too but had a very sensible chilli noodles!!! I am almost godly!!....now just to be good untill Wednesday WI!!
I have found the First Cape low alcohol and have ordered a bottle with my asda delivery so will try that at the weekend and report back, I see that Banrock Station and JP Chenin also do a low alcohol version, on the details they are all called wine coctails...I assume because they are so low in alcohol they have to call them something else....be lovely to have a bottle of wine on a Friday night that tastes nice and is guilt free!!! xxx

Oooh lovely and well done on the singles, I wouldn't have been so good. Was that the chilli noodles in Spoons? I had them with chicken the other night and felt very angelic :)

O.k wine lushes, I have tried the First Cape Cafe 5.5% white wine and it was surprisingly alright!! Not too sweet like all those hidious perry things (Lambrini!!!yeuch!!!) tasted a little like a very light sauvinon blanc, I found it drinkable, nice in the summer with ice and a little soda. Needless to say for 12syns a bottle I will be buying this again (I am trusting fellow minimins who have said it is 12 syns but not sure how I'd find out for definate) Has anyone tried any of the other low alcohol wines, if so I, and I'm sure others would love to know what you thought. Cheers:party0016:

I tried the one by Black Tower, and I may be wrong but at 3 syns per 250 mls glass that makes it 9? Although my book is almost a year old so I may be wrong. Anyhoo, I admit I had it with a lot of diet lemonade to make it last but it tasted ok :D

Wine is sooo my downfall. I really love Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc.... However, after having been on what feels like a million diets, I'm trying to limit myself. I buy those wee 200ml bottles now and bulk them out with soda water. I think the problem I have is that I conditioned myself to have cheese/crackers/pate along with wine and then my good intentions went out the window. Tried that First Cape stuff - it's quite nice actually, but I'd rather have the real thing. xo

Back