Any SW wine lushes out there.....

I haven't had any wine in 9 days. Still got the rest of lent to go. But I'm actually doing surprisingly ok!

I've drunk a disgusting amount of wine since weds in terms of sw but good in terms of what I used to do lol.

I've been on the G&T recently as have given up wine for lent.

It's nice but it's not the same :(

I've been on the G&T recently as have given up wine for lent.

It's nice but it's not the same :(

Same here, I've swapped wine for vodka and soda. Not the same but I'm doing ok!

I was super good for me in the week, and swapped wine for gin and slimline, which just isn't the same, so no surprise when that first glass went down on Friday, the rest of the bottle followed, as it did last night too! :party0036:

Well four nights in a row for me do not good lol but have had great fun.

Drank voddy and diet coke last night and am paying for it today lol.

ginlin said:
I was super good for me in the week, and swapped wine for gin and slimline, which just isn't the same, so no surprise when that first glass went down on Friday, the rest of the bottle followed, as it did last night too! :party0036:

Me too. Had some awful news today as well. And a few drinks just numbs it all. BUT it's not the answer and long term doesn't help. SO no more this week hopefully. Till Friday! ;)

I finished off the First Cape on Friday...very nice...and cracked open a bottle of the Banrock Station, equally as pleasant!! and no hangover on Saturday morning!!I am a convert!! Stuck to G and slimline T at the wedding on Saturday....apart from the glass of champers with the toast's...but you have too don't you!!...all in all about 55 syns over the weekend...not to bad for a very social weekend!! I so want to know though where I can get accurate info on the syn's for the low alcohol wines, I have been told 12 syns for a bottle of the First Cape, 18 synd for the Banrock Station and 9 syns for a Bottle of the Black Tower...why are they so varied?

Probably sugar content I should imagine. Where did you buy the banrock? I have guests for dinner Thurs and would like to have wine with my dinner but it's not a heavy one after the weekend just gone!

I finished off the First Cape on Friday...very nice...and cracked open a bottle of the Banrock Station, equally as pleasant!! and no hangover on Saturday morning!!I am a convert!! Stuck to G and slimline T at the wedding on Saturday....apart from the glass of champers with the toast's...but you have too don't you!!...all in all about 55 syns over the weekend...not to bad for a very social weekend!! I so want to know though where I can get accurate info on the syn's for the low alcohol wines, I have been told 12 syns for a bottle of the First Cape, 18 synd for the Banrock Station and 9 syns for a Bottle of the Black Tower...why are they so varied?

I'll be honest I just went by the 250ml syn value in my book: 3 syns for low alcohol white. I am quite possibly wrong :( Also, how low is the alcohol content in them all? It may be different? The Black tower one is 5.5% That's all I know :confused:

I'm having REAL black tower tonight. It's only 10% vol, so hopefully not as syn-full as my beloved villa Maria..... Does anyone know? It's the rose one. X

Ordered some low alcohol mini wines to come with my Asda delivery tomorrow. Only a pound per bottle will need to work out the syn values tomorrow but pretty excited! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have the same problem so I limit myself to once a week :( On a Saturday I let myself have as much as I want but try to make it out of bounds the rest of the week. Occasionally I let myself have a bit on a Wednesday night too as that's WI day, but no more than those 2.

I also try not to keep it in the house too much. Generally Im OK as long as its not open, once its open it has to be emptied :eek: Unfortunately after one bottle Im quite happy to open the next so its best if there is just no more in the bladdy house :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its so expensive these days that when I see an offer on Ill often buy 6 or something :wave_cry:

In an ideal world I would drink red wine very night and weigh 9 stone but hey ho, thats not the case!

I too limit myself - its actually too much lovely wine that i blame for my size so like the lady above I now have ONE bottle a week!!! I open it on Friday and when it's gone it's gone. On a plau side, i cant drink as much as I used to due to my weight loss, but I do miss it :(

Went to the pub before cinema last night and had soda water! YES, you read that right lol. SODA WATER!

Well done on the restraint Kath...I think I would of had a small gin in that!! I bought the Banrock in Tesco's, a large one not an express!! They had quite a selection of the low alcohol, all 5.5%, I would recommend the Banrock or the First Cape Cafe as I've tried those, there was also one called Beachcomber that was on special offer. I have been told 18 syns for Banrock and 12 for First Cape but both are 5.5% so I'm going with 18 to be on the safe side.....the Weight Watchers is 20syn per bottle but it is 7% alcohol. x
Just confirmed the Banrock light rose (only one I could find on syns calculator!!) is 18 per bottle...so definatly going with that!!

Last edited:
We have a big extra tescos so will pop up there later. Thank you !

Ok, I've got the bannock light white.

It's 112 cals for a 250 ml large glass.

If I put that in the calculator on SW site, that's 5.5 syns.

750ml bottle = 16.5 syns whole bottle!

Only the rose is on the branded bit so probably more sugar for the higher syn value.

I've got a glass of with lots of ice. It's ok, it's not vile but it's not got the dry crispness I like but then neither has fry light got the edge of olive oil lol but it's a good second best!

Back