Any SW wine lushes out there.....

I'm all in favour of wine with lower cals but... Less alcohol content....errr, what's the point? For me it's a bit like half fat cheese. Maybe better to have less of a really strong mature cheddar instead. :)

I agree on both but other times it's gluttony and knowing you can have the whole bottle without too much damage.

Just popped a cab sav, first wine in 3 weeks, been having a whiskey or 2 instead, omg it's lovely! Going to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow :)

Nice red there!

I was on the gin last night with wine all around me!

Just bought my stash for tonights girlie night :D

I've managed to cut my boozie nights down to one (yes, one :D) since starting SW I sooooooo look forward to Saturday. Get quite excited! :8855:

Corkscrew is that what you recomend I do? I dont go out so love my wine treat on Saturday night but dunno how to allow it ?

Corkscrew is that what you recomend I do? I dont go out so love my wine treat on Saturday night but dunno how to allow it ?

I'm not recommending it per say, I'm just saying it works for me :D I always count the syns I spend on wine, so over the week I never go over my allowance. Some people on here are against taking syns as a weekly allowance, but I don't care, it works for me. SW has to fit in with my lifestyle otherwise I couldn't do it. It's done me no harm - I've lost 1 stone 12.5lb in about 8-9 weeks :) Mind I've got a fair bit to lose! lol

A bottle of red wine is 24 syns, but if you can drink the low alchohol ones (5% I think) they are 12 syns so I'm told :) Depends what you like to drink really :)

SW doesn't endorse the weekly syn thing before anyone jumps on me! :8855:

Sw do endorse the weekly syn thing, they say it's ok on their site ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

nipped on my lappy to find the link for you. you'll have to log in to see it though

4. You can’t save your Syns up for a night out at the weekend!

Yes, you can! If you really want to – and you feel really confident that by depriving yourself of Syns for some or most of the week, you’ll be able to enjoy your night out knowing that you’ve stayed within your week’s Syns – go ahead.
If missing out all week feels difficult… and especially if you’re worried about ‘blowing it’ part way through, the alternative is to stay flexible with your Syns. Your weight loss may be a tiny bit slower, although in the long term you could actually achieve a greater weight loss because you avoid those feelings of deprivation. What’s more, with flexible Syns, you could eat healthily and happily for the rest of your life and keep your weight off for good!

imso said:
nipped on my lappy to find the link for you. you'll have to log in to see it though

4. You can't save your Syns up for a night out at the weekend!

Yes, you can! If you really want to - and you feel really confident that by depriving yourself of Syns for some or most of the week, you'll be able to enjoy your night out knowing that you've stayed within your week's Syns - go ahead.
If missing out all week feels difficult... and especially if you're worried about 'blowing it' part way through, the alternative is to stay flexible with your Syns. Your weight loss may be a tiny bit slower, although in the long term you could actually achieve a greater weight loss because you avoid those feelings of deprivation. What's more, with flexible Syns, you could eat healthily and happily for the rest of your life and keep your weight off for good!

Thank you for posting this. I always rather go on a weekly amount of syns then count down. So it's good to know that it's aloud :)
Used lots of mine on food and alcohol last night. Fab :-D

Last edited:

4. You can’t save your Syns up for a night out at the weekend!

Yes, you can! If you really want to – and you feel really confident that by depriving yourself of Syns for some or most of the week, you’ll be able to enjoy your night out knowing that you’ve stayed within your week’s Syns – go ahead.
If missing out all week feels difficult… and especially if you’re worried about ‘blowing it’ part way through, the alternative is to stay flexible with your Syns. Your weight loss may be a tiny bit slower, although in the long term you could actually achieve a greater weight loss because you avoid those feelings of deprivation. What’s more, with flexible Syns, you could eat healthily and happily for the rest of your life and keep your weight off for good!

LOL Thanks for that imso :D I'd never bothered looking or finding out for sure, as I had no intention of changing what I was doing :D lol That's one in the eye for the preaching brigade :giggle:

Was quite good last night. We went out and I took no money so it was left to DH to get my drinks. He is a tight arse so only buys me small ones so I kept within my Syn limit for 2 days (no syns Friday) I feel very pleased with myself!

Bless me for I have over synned!!! Mr PD came home with a couple of bottles of the low alcohol wine for me, then some friends turned up with a couple of bottles of fizz and it was a lovely warm afternoon/evening in our garden with the chimnea going....ended up drinking both bottles of the low alcohol, a large glass of pink fizz and a couple of vodka soda and limes......the low alcohol does mean that I have avoided a nasty hangover this morning....but I am once again scuppered by my social life!!! Really wanted to see what difference no alcohol would make this week!!

Was quite good last night. We went out and I took no money so it was left to DH to get my drinks. He is a tight arse so only buys me small ones so I kept within my Syn limit for 2 days (no syns Friday) I feel very pleased with myself!

LOL That really made me laugh! Tight arse :giggle:

peacedove said:
Bless me for I have over synned!!! Mr PD came home with a couple of bottles of the low alcohol wine for me, then some friends turned up with a couple of bottles of fizz and it was a lovely warm afternoon/evening in our garden with the chimnea going....ended up drinking both bottles of the low alcohol, a large glass of pink fizz and a couple of vodka soda and limes......the low alcohol does mean that I have avoided a nasty hangover this morning....but I am once again scuppered by my social life!!! Really wanted to see what difference no alcohol would make this week!!

I know exactly what you mean. Only I do have a stinking hangover as my wine wasn't low alc. why oh why do I do it to myself. Arggghhhh.

I am sat here with my booze free Saturday night halo on lol. Oh wait, that would be because I'm working all weekend!!!

Next social evening for me is Thursday, my friend is coming to dinner. She's still umming and ahhing about driving, so if she drives, it's all good for me as there will be no bad influence.

Still going strong with no wine for Lent. Just going to tell everyone that for my Easter present I would like some pinot grigio. :D just kidding, would be a terrible idea to have bottles of it lying around! However I will definitely be having a glass or seven on easter evening...!

Still going strong with no wine for Lent. Just going to tell everyone that for my Easter present I would like some pinot grigio. :D just kidding, would be a terrible idea to have bottles of it lying around! However I will definitely be having a glass or seven on easter evening...!

No way on earth could I do that :eek: I don't even think I'd want to try! lol

Hats off to you ellierose. That's some achievement :D xx

No way on earth could I do that :eek: I don't even think I'd want to try! lol

Hats off to you ellierose. That's some achievement :D xx

Thanks :D I was considering what to give up, and the boyfriend just went: "Wine? Yeah, right, never going to happen" and sort of snorted, and I was like, RIGHT, I'll show you! Haha. So this will shut him up. I just felt I'd been doing really well with motivation and will power recently (gave up smoking for new years', haven't had a puff in 10 weeks) and SW, so thought why not try this!

Back