Any swimmers?

Hiya
I'm a swimmer too, well just started again after many years....I used to be a strong swimmer, I swam for my county and passed all my life guard qualifications too but after many years off I am just slowly getting back into it, you will eventually start to feel more toned and fitter as time goes on, stick at it like I am going to and then feel and see the benefits x

I swim about twice a week. I don't notice significant or speedy weightloss but it's great for toning, especially arms which I find a bit tricky to work on - I'm not really a 'doing weights' sort of girl!
I'm also pleasantly surprised by how much fitter I am, seemingly without the need to getting sweaty and red in the face! Good luck with your swimming plan - I've not heard of 'deep water exercise class' but it sounds like fun! :)

Last edited:
I'm a swimmer too. When I can, I go to the rise and shine slot at our pool and do 4km. I love swimming. Not noticed any extra loss for it but I do notice body changes

yeah, i swim, about one hour a day 5 days a week, some times more.

great for reducing stress

I used to love swimming, just at the moment I am so conscious about how I look I dont think I could bear a swimming costume just yet!

i go when its quiet, want let in on a secret

i've lost a stone over the past month and today mid swim my cossi slipped and the boobies kind spilled out. thank god for ladies only sessions

lol, sounds like it is a good job its ladies only swimming! Do you lane swim when you go? How many lengths do you tend to do?

Congratulations on the stone in the past month! :D

how many? i lose count, i just swim for an allotted time.......... but i know i'm doing more lenghts in that time now as i've got 3sec off my lenght time!! supper happy with that

Hi folks,

I've recently got back in the pool too.
Used to be a decent swimmer, but was def a bit rusty after years on dry land!!

My local pool is a 25m pool, When I started with 40 lengths (1 km)

I'm now trying for 50 lengths in a session.

Trying to get down a bit more regularly too, a monthly pass works out really cheap if you use it a lot.

I love swimming but I can't get to the pool alone (visually impaired) and Its really frustrating me that its not always convenient for somebody to come with me! I feel like I've had a great workout after a good swim and I know it will be beneficial if i could get to the pool. Also my "swim buddy" can't afford to go as often as I'd like so i'm kind of stuck on dry land!! dammit!

Back