• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Any swimmers?

S: 25st10lb C: 21st3lb G: 17st0lb BMI: 41.4 Loss: 4st7lb(17.5%)
Hiya
I'm a swimmer too, well just started again after many years....I used to be a strong swimmer, I swam for my county and passed all my life guard qualifications too but after many years off I am just slowly getting back into it, you will eventually start to feel more toned and fitter as time goes on, stick at it like I am going to and then feel and see the benefits x

DopeyAngel

Sweet wrapper fetishist.
S: 14st7lb C: 12st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.3 Loss: 2st4lb(15.76%)
I swim about twice a week. I don't notice significant or speedy weightloss but it's great for toning, especially arms which I find a bit tricky to work on - I'm not really a 'doing weights' sort of girl!
I'm also pleasantly surprised by how much fitter I am, seemingly without the need to getting sweaty and red in the face! Good luck with your swimming plan - I've not heard of 'deep water exercise class' but it sounds like fun! :)

Last edited:

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
I'm a swimmer too. When I can, I go to the rise and shine slot at our pool and do 4km. I love swimming. Not noticed any extra loss for it but I do notice body changes

Sam1309

Silver Member
S: 20st3.2lb C: 19st12.3lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 47.8 Loss: 0st4.9lb(1.73%)
yeah, i swim, about one hour a day 5 days a week, some times more.

great for reducing stress

Sam1309

Silver Member
i go when its quiet, want let in on a secret

i've lost a stone over the past month and today mid swim my cossi slipped and the boobies kind spilled out. thank god for ladies only sessions

lol, sounds like it is a good job its ladies only swimming! Do you lane swim when you go? How many lengths do you tend to do?

Congratulations on the stone in the past month! :D

Sam1309

Silver Member
how many? i lose count, i just swim for an allotted time.......... but i know i'm doing more lenghts in that time now as i've got 3sec off my lenght time!! supper happy with that

S: 16st0lb C: 14st7lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 1st7lb(9.38%)
Hi folks,

I've recently got back in the pool too.
Used to be a decent swimmer, but was def a bit rusty after years on dry land!!

My local pool is a 25m pool, When I started with 40 lengths (1 km)

I'm now trying for 50 lengths in a session.

Trying to get down a bit more regularly too, a monthly pass works out really cheap if you use it a lot.

S: 11st1lb C: 11st0lb G: 9st7lb Loss: 0st1lb(0.65%)
I love swimming but I can't get to the pool alone (visually impaired) and Its really frustrating me that its not always convenient for somebody to come with me! I feel like I've had a great workout after a good swim and I know it will be beneficial if i could get to the pool. Also my "swim buddy" can't afford to go as often as I'd like so i'm kind of stuck on dry land!! dammit!