Any Target Members?

Hi everyone

Having just recently reached my target at SW after nine months, I'm now interested to know how other SW Target Members manage to maintain and how often you go to class?

When I asked my SW consultant, she said that most Target Members just come & get weighed once a month or every couple of weeks. Is this what most of you do?

Obviously, I don't intend to put all the weight I've lost back on and I'm planning on keeping on track with the Food Optimising, but any tips or advice from any fellow Target Members would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:)

Iv been at target 9 months, and am now dropping my target another half a stone.

i maintain by going to class every single week. (this is most important to me)

i dont add any extra He's as some c's suggest.. i just follow the plan as usual but have the odd extra dessert every now and then etc.. just enjoy being at target but keeping an eye on it all.. you soon learn what works best for you! x

I'm at target but seem to drop under if I stay on plan and just add a and b's I was up to 7 and was still dropping so now I eat as plan but have takeaways and treats and use plan to pull me back not ideal but my bmi is 23ish and I'm breastfeeding with thyroid problems so needs must

I try to go to group at least once a month

best tip for me is buy snug clothes bin all others and your clothes will dig in after a 2lb gain oh boy do I know if I've been naughty * weeks I have to wear leggings but 3 weeks out of 4 Mr Denim keeps me on track

I targeted in December and have founded really hard going, as I initially kept on losing weight no matter what I did. I even had blood tests done as I seriously was worried there was something wrong with me. I even lowered my target twice since December, and still lost. I guess my body was, and is still getting used to it. I have increased my Hexs to 3 of each (am doing EE) and upped my syns and still lost! I went down to 4.5 pounds below my target so started eating more, introducing extra syns and finally got to 3 pounds below my target. Now, I have decided to stick to the 15 syns, with a couple of extra HEXs, if I feel like them with the odd treat in the week. This week I had a pie, and am going for a fish and chip lunch! I will see how I do on that, and if I put on, I know where to adjust, as I have quite a lot to play with, so a small gain will be fine!
I go to class every week, as I know I will slip back if I don't. I did reach target a few years ago and when I stopped going it all came back eventually, as I got over confident, so I know that is the best for me. Also, while I am still finding my feet with maintaining, it's a good check, and the moral support is great.
All the target members in our group who keep coming, and there are a few, all remain within their target range. One lady has been coming for 4 years since she reached target, and has always stayed withing the range. There are a few who come now and then, and all of those do go out of the range and have to pay again until they get back.
So, I advise keep going, as maintaining is pretty difficult, so you will get the support, and will keep on track.
Good luck, and well done on getting there!

best tip for me is buy snug clothes bin all others and your clothes will dig in after a 2lb gain oh boy do I know if I've been naughty * weeks I have to wear leggings but 3 weeks out of 4 Mr Denim keeps me on track

I have to agree. I did that, so the charity shop got all my "fat clothes" and my whole wardrobe now consists of clothes that fit just right, and some pretty tight, so I can't put on or I won't have any clothes to wear, and refuse to buy larger sizes ever again!

All of your tips and advice have been great.:) Thanks very much.

I've already charity-binned the "fatter" clothes and I can definitely tell if a pound or two is creeping back on by how my waistband feels......!?!?!?

Am definitely planning on keeping going to class, but I just wanted to see what works best for others. Think I will probably go once a fortnight as opposed to every week now, but if the weight starts to creep up, I will return to every week again. I do find that the website helps me a lot, too. I use the online food diary which helps me keep on track with my daily "eats"....!!!

Thanks again for everyone's advice and if there's anymore, keep 'em coming please!!:p

I got rid of all my 'fat' clothes except for one top and one pair of trousers to remind myself how far I've come (they are size 26). Every now and then I put them on and it's a powerful reminder that I don't want to go back to being that person.

As for maintaining you definitely just have to find what works for you and that can take some time. It's difficult to make the psychological change from losing every week to sts or even gaining a little, and I found it hard because I had been completely focussed on losing weight for 11 months and then suddenly there was nothing to aim for. I try to go to class every two weeks or so even after getting to target 9 years ago.

At the moment I'm on SW plan Monday to Friday with extra HEs and then coming off plan at the weekend. Personally I couldn't cope with upping my syns on a daily basis, it would be far too easy to slip back into bad habits. I need the discipine of being on plan for most of the week.

Oh, and congratulations on getting to target by the way!

I got rid of all my 'fat' clothes except for one top and one pair of trousers to remind myself how far I've come (they are size 26). Every now and then I put them on and it's a powerful reminder that I don't want to go back to being that person.

As for maintaining you definitely just have to find what works for you and that can take some time. It's difficult to make the psychological change from losing every week to sts or even gaining a little, and I found it hard because I had been completely focussed on losing weight for 11 months and then suddenly there was nothing to aim for. I try to go to class every two weeks or so even after getting to target 9 years ago.

At the moment I'm on SW plan Monday to Friday with extra HEs and then coming off plan at the weekend. Personally I couldn't cope with upping my syns on a daily basis, it would be far too easy to slip back into bad habits. I need the discipine of being on plan for most of the week.

Oh, and congratulations on getting to target by the way!

Thank you and well done to you, too! ;) Great advice; much appreciated.

I got to target but now I've put about half a stone too much back on. Boo. I have to pay now, so that's annoying, heh.

Lots of difficult stuff has been happening in our lives, and due to health issues I've had to give up my three cigs a day - so my eating has gone a bit off the rails.

Never mind, I know what to do, don't I? It's just doing it that is hard...

I still WI every week because I go with my friend who only started after Christmas and likes me to go for company.
I still follow the plan and I have added an extra Heb each day but if I don't eat the heb I add 6 syns to my syns total, which I use weekly instead of daily.
Well done on reaching your target and good luck in finding what works for you to maintain.:)

Back