Any THIRD timers out there?

Nelliduff

Getting there slowly ...
:wave_cry: Any THIRD timers out there who want to share information such as the statistics of this time vs that time/s and plans for making sure there isn't a FOURTH time !

Nelli

oops! I'm on my fourth time! but in fairness I've done this diet in stints. I've lost 6 stones so far and never gained it all back. over the past 4 years I think the most I ever gained back was 2 stone but I never did get to my goal and didnt do maintenance. so it's my own fault really. I'm back now (on day 3 of ss) and I'm gonna lose the last 2 and a half stone AND I'm going to see it to the end and do maintenance! I mean it this time!!!!

3rd timer here

1st time lost 4 stone but came off abruptly when i moved countrys and my packs went missing in the move

second time i was ready but got messed about by a couple of cdcs so it ended up in fits and starts so i swapped to slimming world and gained 6lb my first week, lol

this is the third and hopefully final time, have lost more than previous times and im reading a lot of books on over eating, binge eating, emotional eating etc and how to over come it ready for when i hit maintenance

this is my third time too! but not sure what's different this time but am now in week 5 and haven't cheated once! never done that before. I just feel more committed to it. DOn't get me wrong I've had cravings for certain food (cheesy garlic bread mmmmm......) but never the intention to give in! seems i've got myself into a nice little routine now and all is working well - 27lbs in 4 weeks so so happy :)

although i forgot my bar for work today so feeling a little lost without it! doh! :)

I don't think it matters how many times you've started/restarted - each time you are committing yourself to doing something about your weight and therefore your happiness and confidence - whether it lasts for 5lbs or 5 stones. Keep it up girlies - we'll all get there! :)

thank you! this site has been an awesome help - gives me something to do instead of going to the canteen at lunch lol! loads of help and support which i think is key to success with this!

just saw your stats - your doing brilliantly! :)

Roll on summer - and maybe i'll even invest in a dress (shock horror!) ha ha!

I am losing a bit slower this time - also feeling hungrier than I did during either of my previous attempts (to say nothing of cold) - but am determined to get it off and keep it off.

Have been reading through some of the threads of people who have kept the weight off and it definately would appear that following through the various stages of maintenance is crucial for long term success - that definately is in my plans.

Nelli

Third timer here too; usually get to 220 and something happens ( like falling of wagon... :cry:) sorta happening this time too but seeing my CDC this am, not giving up!! And I will beat this!! And I will go up the steps to maintenance, it's a promise I made to myself

Hopefully going for my 3rd attempt in 2 weeks. Have gone from 19st 5lbs to 14st 2 lbs the 1st time, then went back up to 16st 5lbs, then down to 14st, im now 17st 10lbs. I dont know why I re-gain, probably because Im just a pig. Im so much happier, slimmer

Hi Dietingdon

Your story sounds just like mine and like you I am happier, as well as healthier when slimmer. I know of some of my downfall factors, such as stress and boredom contribute to putting it back on. Also from reading threads I have discovered that you are more likely to regain if you don't go through the maintenance process properly - which I haven't done in the past.

I am trying to plan better this time - not book a holiday just at the point where I should (with any luck) be finished - and also to have a clear idea of what I am going to eat - instead of thinking, what do I fancy? Not that it was quite that bad, but I am sure you know what I mean.

Nelli

Not for me Nelli. I felt like it was taking longer for the loss to show on my butt but I'm finally seeing some improvements there and weirdly I think my clothes are fitting a bit better at higher weights than last time. Don't know what. But my weight loss was slower on 810 this time around though. Those two sentences are just contradictions - must have been water retention or something, though I didn't feel it. I've had two good weeks on SS+ (4lb each week) so hopefully I'll keep making up for lost time.

Hi Lawyergirl,

I am not losing quicker by any means. Its just that it came off my legs quicker since that was the last place it went from first time round. Didn't explain very well, did I? :) :)

At the end of week 8 on both previous occasions, I was 42lbs down - this time (though I don't get weighed until Monday morning) I am 31lbs down.

Much slower.

4lb is good for SS+ from what I've seen. I was thinking of maybe going that route at week 12, but haven't decided for sure.

Nelli

I'm glad to meet another slow loser Nelli, not that I wish either of us were in this boat. It's frustrating isn't it? I lost 2lbs again this week so back to the slow losses. *sigh* The last three weeks have been good as an average but they don't make up for the last two months. Grumpy!

I lost only 1lb this week, but I did have the fiasco when I went away for the weekend and forgot my food !

Didn't eat much - only some cottage cheese, a couple of Linda McCartney sausages and some sprouts one night and the same with an egg instead of the sprouts the second.

Stayed in ketosis so I haven't been too worried - but I am definately bloated right now.

Here's hoping we both have a better week coming up. What week are you on?

Nelli

Last edited:
I still haven't registered any further loss this morning and feeling a bit fed up.I keep a spreadsheet and lost 1lb last week - on Wednesday and nothing since then.

They say that with Cambridge it is impossible not to lose if you stick to it. However to be thrown by eating so little at the weekend when I didn't have my food with me (I reckon about 300 cals Friday and maybe 400 max Saturday) is a real pain.

In saying that, I spent an hour "trying on" last night and was amazed at some of the clothes which fitted.

My middle is much fatter than it was last time I was this weight - and my rear a bit smaller - oh the joys :)

Nelli

Back