Any tips for that extra little boost?

clare_lou2909

Hi everyone well 2nd round at slimming world,last time round the weight came off in good 1/2 pounds a week, I had my 3rd weigh in the Monday gone and have only lost 6 pound...a 5,a half and another half :-/....I dont feel as if im going wrong anywhere,only had the odd little blip as we all do,feeling I just need an extra little boost to get me on my way lol...any tips greatly appreciated,thanks! xx

I had exactly the same. Last time round I did Green all the way, but this time I'm on EE. I lost 5.5 the first week, then 1, then had a gain, although I'd been completely on plan! My C said I wasn't having enough syns, so I upped my syns to an average of 8 a day and I've now lost three weeks in a row - 2, 1.5 and 1.5... How many syns are you having?

In 3 weeks you have lost 6lbs, that's average of 2lbs a week which is the high end of what sw say you can expect to lose per week. I don't see the problem at all to be honest! Even if you do lose 1/2 lb a week from here on in, its still going down. I doubt very much you gained the weight in wacking great 5 or 6lb chunks every week? More than likely it was a little bit at a time .:)

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly to me! Weight loss is never going to be linear. Our bodies dont know that its been a week since our last weigh in, it just does its thing and we have to hope for the best! But over 3 weeks you have lost 6lbs. Thats really good weight loss! I know it is so disappointing to see you have only lost a half, especially after a good week. But your body prob thought phew, lost loads last week, will take a little breather this week!

Keep going hun, you are doing so wonderfully. Dont let yourself think that its not working, cos thats when you will start to sabotage your losses!

Thanks...I think im on track with my syns...tho I do flexisyn quite often for example,have 5 one day so I can have 20 the next...etc. I think just 2 weeks in a row at only half a pound each is what has disheartened me...its week 4 weigh in tomorrow so praying its not only a half a pound as really have tried so hard!!! Ill update tomorrow and thanks again! xx

maybe saving your syns like that doesnt suit you? I know there are alot of people here who cant save up like that, and the as far as I am aware (and open to correction) the official line from SW is that you arent supposed to do that. Might be worth trying a week where you use syns daily and see if that makes a difference?

Hello

My consultant says that you can save your syns and as long as you don't go over the 105 syns for the week then that is ok

Have you tried drinking more water? Or trying sucess express 2/3 of your plate superfree rather than 1/3?

My tip would be stop looking for 'extra boosts' and 'quick fixes' as was already mentioned the weight probably came on half - 1 pound at a time, slow but sure is the best way.

Are you still filling in your food diary every week? scribble before you nibble and be brutally honest, just cos you didn't write it down doesn't mean you didn't eat it.

The best way is to follow plan properly, 100%, that means measuring your milk and other healthy extras, making sure you eat enough, have your syns, drink plenty of water, avoid 'tweaks'

At 4 weeks into the plan I think its a bit early to think about success express, I think at this stage its still about learning the plan and what works/doesn't work for you, remember we're all different.

Did you do a food diary the first week? why not try to follow that again and see if that gets you a better loss if it did the first week it should do xx

Definitely write everything down - its amazing what you can "forget" when you dont

Half off again!!! Lol..oh dear we'll at least it's in the right direction. Def going to write it all down this week. Thanks. X

Back