Extra Easy Any tips on being vegan and following Slimming World????

halcyon

I'm definitely becoming vegan (I've been watching animal cruelty videos on youtube and peta's website, all I can say is I'll never look at animal products the same way again) so I'm giving up all animal products, in fact I've already started.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for being a vegan and following Slimming World EE???

You would be better doing a search for vegan threads, there wouldn't be many vegans on here so you could be waiting a while for a reply! :)

I should imagine it would be quite easy. I used to be vegan myself.
Your 'A' choice can be soy milk (have a look at the extended HE list on SW website), your 'B' choice is unaffected and you can still have all the fruit/veg/grains/pulses. There are a few 0% fat dairy-free yogurts and cheeses around although these are expensive. Your 'meat' would be of the Quorn (or similar) variety (though be careful as some of these products contain egg).
I'd say you would be more likely to be following 'Green' rather than EE though. Make sure you have lots of beans/chickpeas and allow syns for some nuts/peanut butter for extra protein.
Lots of luck :)

I'm veggie, and I have a vegan friend who stays with us often and we do vegan Slimming World when she stays.

Green days definitely the best bet, soya is your new best friend. Many soya products are totally free, unsweetened soya milk and Kara coconut milk are both possibles for a Hex A option, be a little careful with the soya yogurt to check the syns, they usually are pretty low syn but not syn free.

Red days are doable as a vegan but a little more complicated, as you can't fill up on carbs, so you have to go very heavy on the fruit and veg on those days.

There are a few vegan food diaries on here, have a look at Hastalavegan's food diary as a starting point (that's the friend I mentioned, she doesn't really post here any more, but her diary is a good resource.)

Hope that helps!

hiya, just joined site also looking for vegans on s.w.
how you doing? i've done q well so far, but think my body has got used to the changes i made now and so my loss has
slowed a lot. looking for ideas to kick start it again.
k8

Back