Anybody else in Germany?

Let me see...of course, you know how the Commissary system works - whatever sells best, or they can get an offer on. Things that they've stocked for months on end suddenly disappear (like reduced-calorie bread - the barstewards stole my bread!)

Kraft fat free grated cheddar (not sure if it is sharp cheddar or not, it tastes ok;
Monterey Jack cheese slices;
Kraft extra-thin Swiss cheese slices, reduced fat

(I find there are not really any brand names in the booklet, apart from Kraft and Velveeta -which is owned by Kraft, duh!) They have a pretty good range of dairy and cheese products, to be honest.

HEB:

Thomas' bagel thins;
Arnold sandwich thins;
Mission tortilla wraps of various kinds (I substitute the Toufayan low carb, low fat, high protein ones instead, they're half the calories per wrap so I sometimes have two rather than just one). Bizarre though it seems, they are kept in the chilled section down past cheese and bacon near to the fresh fish, opposite the bread section.
Rudy's Organic whole grain English muffins (I figure they are close to the Nature's Own brand, which the Commissary doesn't have much of apart from their bread);
Kashi Heart to Heart whole grain crackers;
Most of the cereal brands in the book - so think Fiber 1, Bran buds, mini frosted wheats, All Bran, that sort of thing;
Kashi TLC soft-baked cereal bar;
Kellogg's Fiber Plus antioxidants chewy bar;
Kellogg's Nutrigrain cereal bars;
Progresso Light soups - 18.5 ozs can;
Progresso Vegetable classics soups 9.5 ozs - Hearty Tomato, Minestrone, Vegetarian Vegetable with Barley.

That's about it for branded products. I have Syns values for all sorts.

If you like, I can shoot you my handy number when you know you're going to be over there and answer any questions, or try to. Happy to do that, if you'd like.

Thanks so much!! We usually go to Rammstein or Wiesbaden!! I miss my American food lol. Xxxxx can't wait to get my nutri gain bars lol xx

Ah, well, if we're still here when they close down Patrick Henry Village, we'll be off up to Wiesbaden or Ramstein to go shopping once a week or so. Er, well, I will be - soon as we got married and I got that ID card, Himself totally stopped coming to the Commissary with me! All his bagger mates keep asking after him, they're a little miffed he's not even bothered to go and say hi!

we are going to wiesbaden on tuesday to get our iacs passes renewed - my trolley is filled with rubbish when i come out of the commissary :))

I get very odd looks: I have a trolley full of skimmed milk, fat free this, that and the other, lean meat, fruit and veggies - with several bags of Ruffles, Combos, packs of Oreos and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The healthy stuff is mine, the junk belongs to the husband!

I am so happy that I found this site. I am going to Germany in 2 weeks to stay with my parents for a month. I have been with slimming world for almost a year now and want to stick to my normal eating routine as much as possible while in Germany and plus my mom wants me to give her cooking and eating tips. I have worked so hard to get to were I am, 12lbs away from my target...

Could anyone give some syn free or low syn treat for while I am in Germany, as my daughter is also on slimming world ( free to go). The closest shops to us while we are in Germany are Aldi, Lidl, Penny and Familia.

Hi from Munich, just joined today after signing up for Slimming World Online yesterday :)

Hi Alderica

Hi from Munich, just joined today after signing up for Slimming World Online yesterday :)

My name is Diane and have been with slimming world for 10 months now... I have tried many different diet but have found that slimming world has really worked the best for me. I have lost about 32kg since starting slimming world.

I wish you all the luck and know it will work if done the right way.

My name is Diane and have been with slimming world for 10 months now... I have tried many different diet but have found that slimming world has really worked the best for me. I have lost about 32kg since starting slimming world.

I wish you all the luck and know it will work if done the right way.

Thanks Diane... wow, 32 kg in 10 months is simply brilliant! I'll be ecstatic if I can manage that! :p

hi everyone! i go to the Herford group..any more good german finds that will help with the loss? and what do i do with Quark? lol

Hi Ladies (and Gents)...
I have been considering joining SW online and was wondering who else is doing this? Are there any local meetings in Germany? I noticed a couple of you stating that you belong to the "(town name)" group... I feel like I have been living under a rock as I have been in Germany for over 10 years and have NEVER heard of SW or any groups here.

I have done WW in the past and did quite well - however, I am totally over counting points and documenting every piece of food to pass my lips... I found it a bit tricky to do properly especially since I work 40 hours a week and travel quite a lot.

I would be interested in hearing your stories and successes regarding SW as I haven´t quite joined yet...

Back