Anybody else lift free weights at home?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Flab-u-less-Flower, 29 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

I lift weights at home started off with 5 pounders and graduated up to 10 pounders. I know they are not huge weights but they have made a difference for me.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've got some 3lb and 5lb weights but I never use them! I keep meaning to and then I forget......

What exercises do you do with them?
  4. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

I do all sorts of exercises, bicep curls, tricep curls, above my head, across my body, criss cross, windmills, circles, anything I can think of actually. They really do tone you up. Try it you will like it I am certain. Best of luck reaching your goal.
  5. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I use my 6.6lb weights mostly. i dont know fancy names but i lift them both up above my head and i try to keep them behind my shoulder line. I then hold them infront and then out to the sides. Then I do them bent backwards so its hitting the triceps. then i do them just bent at the elbow low down.

then lol, i use them while lying on the floor and hold them back behind me, then i hold them out to the side.

then i get my 15lb one and do that above my head, then i can only manage 10 each arm bends, then i finish with the floor one again as i swear that helps make your ribs stick out!

I'm sure they have technical names but i dont know them!

i've also got hand weights that i use for aerobic type stuff, jogging on the spot, that sort of thing.
  6. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

I do free weights at home with a barbell (adjustable weights, so I can use it for pretty much everything).
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.