Anybody having problems with their nails?

BeviSiwel

Returning Member
I'm not sure if it's to do with the LT diet or whether it's another underlying issue but lately my nails are really brittle and are breaking really close to the skin and are lifting irregularly causing me to have 'wobbly nails'.
I wouldn't mind but it's so close to the skin that it's painful.
Anybody else getting this and/or know a way to treat it?
xxxx

I'm the same. It does affect hair, skin and nails so I have started taking a supplement for all 3.
Don't know if it's allowed but I feel I need it.
x x x

I'll check in with my chemist at the next weigh in to see if we're allowed to take suppliments for it. If not then I'm going to treat myself to a manicure and get some respectable falsies put on.
As if there isn't enough stick to deal with being a big girl at a six form college than to have my nails near falling off too :s
xxxx

No supplements allowed, all the nutrients we need are in the shakes. These hair/nail problems are short term and return to normal after the diet. It's like hair loss during pregnancy it'll grow back ;).....that's what they say anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up Leahcnnr, was not sure if they were allowed or not.
In November I had bad hair loss and it made me feel horrid.
This time I am taking the supplement and have had none (yet) so even if it is not allowed. I am going to keep taking it as it certainly makes me feel more positive and happier.
If LT say no then best to avoid if you want to do this 100%.
Like everything, it's personal choice, but it needs to be informed personal choice.
Good luck
x x x

I totally agree with you Tracy! Ive developed a skin condition since being on the programme think its just all the built up toxins coming out of me, but it started with itchy spots on scalp, back and arms! but now they have spread and developed into welts they are so itchy and are causing me so much upset, im at the doctors Wednesday to get something for it, im not suffering! its not a life sentence

Hi.
When I did Lipotrim the 1st time round, my only problems were feeling cold, loads of hair loss ( luckily I have a lot of hair so only I noticed it) and a yucky taste in my mouth. All this goes when you finish the diet.
Angela x

Back