Anybody SSed 100% whilst on holiday?

Big H

Silver Member
I'm going on holiday on 21st May, which will be day 17 for me. I coud come off SS for a week, but I may not get back on again ;) Took me 5 attempts to get past day 1 this time around.

Anybody tried to SS 100% on holiday, if so, how did you get on?

DON'T COME OFF IT! I am going to Florida next week for my brothers wedding and I am SS+ing it 100%

I am not waining - my goal is getting further away each time I cheat and I need to lose weight for my singing at the final of Miss England!

I went on a family holiday with the in-laws to france and stayed ss'ing! But i'd been on cd a while then and was in the right frame of mind. Being used to watching others eat in front of me and all, it was ok. The weather was lovely and hot so managed more water too so had a fab loss that week.

It is doable but you're still early days - how do you feel atm watching people eat and drink without you being able to join in?

Hope you're going somewhere nice! The advantage of going away is that you are visiting and doing things each day. but wherever you go there is always food around, so it's a matter of strong willpower and sheer determination!

Thanks for advice guys.

Emma - I am O.K with people eating around me, it's more of a case that will I enjoy the holiday if it doesn't involve food (coz my holidays usually revolve around it :D) I think I am going to stay SS!!

I did SS+ whilst on holiday and managed to loose 5.5lbs!! If you think you can do it please try cos it is an amazing feeling if you can do it and I didn't feel like I missed out at all! xx

I did SS+ whilst on holiday and managed to loose 5.5lbs!! If you think you can do it please try cos it is an amazing feeling if you can do it and I didn't feel like I missed out at all! xx

Great - that gives me some encouragement - cheers :)

good luck ss on holiday....
I am going away but i def wont be ss or following a plan!

I SS+ when we went away, that way I could still have a meal with OH in evening, you could always do 810 as well.

I SS+d for two weeks in Florida the first time I did CD and I honestly believe that if I hadn't I would never have got back on plan when I came back! I don't regret it in the slightest and thoroughly enjoyed the holiday knowing I was still losing weight.

Yeah, I SSed in Greece a few years back. I had a great time, in fact I resented it every time everyone went to eat as it ate into my sunbathing and swimming time because I would have felt rotten not joining them!

I got up at 5 in the morning, walked down a mountain and got a ferry back on one day on my own to get away from the eaters and I had a fabulous day. I lost 8lbs on hols! Unheard of! I kept saying to myself that I could eat grilled chicken and fish and salad if I really wanted to. But I never wanted to. I allowed myself the choice and kept choosing not it.

Oh - but it was a little tougher SSing in Paris. I took my friends into a cheese shop and as my French is pretty good the owner was chatting away to me and offering me bits of every cheese under the sun...I stayed resolute but boy it's hard to stay away from food in Paris!

Back