Anymore info?

Lothaerna

Let's do this....
Hi all,

I am considering lipotrim as I have been trying slimming world for quite a while and I've put on 7lbs.

I now weigh in at 14st 7lbs. 92.5kg or 204lbs. Whichever you prefer. I am only 5'4" at a push and as u can imagine I'm too heavy for my height.

All my weight seems to be on my belly (it's disgustingly massive)

Is lipotrim successful long term? Is it a good way to get a bit off to leave you to work at the rest?

What all does it entail?

Thank thee muchly for any answers you can give.

J.

Right where to start...

lipotrim products include, strawberry shake, chocolate shake and vanilla shake, chicken soup, peanut flapjack and coconut flapjack

People have various opinions on the products.. all of which are well documented on this forum

You have three products a day and between 2-4litres of water. You are allowed leaf teas (including but not exclusive of earl grey, peppermint, fennel for example) and coffee but no milk. Sweeteners are allowed in tablet form only. Sparkling water is also allowed in small amounts.

The official line is that you can expect to loose 1 stone a month but many people find the loose a little more than that. the first week you tend to loose more then after that a steady 3-5 lbs can be expected although some lucky people loose more.

You get the shakes from a pharmacist once a week where you wil also be weighed in, some pharmacists also do a urine test to see if you are in Ketosis but some do not. You can find a pharmacist near you from the list of participating pharmacies on the Lipotrim Website.

As with all diets some people put it all back on when they have finished but some don't. There are people in the maintenance section of this forum that have kept their weight at goal for years.

ummm.... any other questions ??

oh yeah i forgot to say, i'm 7 stone down with 1 to go and it's the best decision i have ever made

ElectricLilac said:
oh yeah i forgot to say, i'm 7 stone down with 1 to go and it's the best decision i have ever made

That's amazing!!! I hope u dint find it strange. But I saved ur photo for motivation. The one were u are in the old black trousers and u fit in one leg. Wot did u start at?

Yay - Lilac covered pretty much all the basics! :)

I'd just add that likewise, it's the best thing I've done in years. Once you're over the first week (which can be tough to resist your normal habits and cravings) it really settles down and you start to become quite detatched from food. It becomes quite easy and natural just to go and grab a drink if you feel at all hungry. If I ever feel *actually* hungry now, it's almost always because I've got to 10 or 11 at night and suddenly realise I've only had two shakes! :D

The absence of food also helps psychologically (if you're in the right frame of mind to learn) because you become very aware of yourself and the triggers that set off your cravings. You'll discover lots of distraction techniques along the way which will come in very useful once you're eating again. You can work out lots of ways to gain comfort without thoughtlessly going back to food...

The best thing of all, for me at least, has simply been the speed of it! It's astonishing! The boost you get from losing multiple pounds EVERY SINGLE WEEK (as long as you stick to it 100%) is such a great incentive to keep going right to the end...

On the down side, you'll need to save up to buy an entire new wardrobe of slinky, sexy, look-how-flipping-gorgeous-I-am clothes. ;)

As long as there are no medical reasons not to (which your pharmacist will go through) I would recommend trying this diet to ANYBODY! It may not suit everyone, but definitely give it a go.

Best of luck,
Marianne x

That's amazing!!! I hope u dint find it strange. But I saved ur photo for motivation. The one were u are in the old black trousers and u fit in one leg. Wot did u start at?

I'm glad that picture is useful lol
I started a size 24 and 18 stone 8lbs now i am 11 stone 8 and a size 12 happy days

Only one more questions:

Does your skin shrink with this, or do you get left with excess?

I work two jobs, one of which is for a pizza delivery place, so it's easy jut to get a pizza at night when I am working and to snack in the car.

I want to get to at least 11stone and then I will try to maintain that weight.

I'm just off to the chemist now to see what they say. There aren't many here near my house that do it. Do you think there is a chance that a pharmacy that's not listed do it?

Last thing, wow oh wow, congratulations on your fab weight loss! That's totally amazing! Well done!

the skin thing depends on many things, how old you are, how long you have been big, whether you look after your skin or not. Personally i have slightly sagging skin on the top of my boobs now and a tiny tiny bit on my tummy. Apparently you skin continues to shrink for another 6 months after you finish loosing weight and i have invested in some really good cream that seems to be helping so i'm not worried. I certainly don't look like i have just lost a lot of weight and a good bra can work wonders this picture was taken a stone ago its the one honeypop was talking about earlier in this thread and the other picture is on me on my first day wearing the same trousers. I have other pics up on my profile if you want to have a look x

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 76
Wow! I really think its amazing.

Just been to the pharmacy, on my way to watch the DVD now and then I can call to see if the lady is free to talk to me!

I'm gonna do this. Financially can't really afford it, but my weight gain is ridiculous!

I've been big what feels like my whole life. Been obese about 7 or 8 years now. I am 29 years old. I don't do moisturising or anything so maybe I should start.

Thanks for your help and inspiration so far :)

Wow! I really think its amazing.

Just been to the pharmacy, on my way to watch the DVD now and then I can call to see if the lady is free to talk to me!

I'm gonna do this. Financially can't really afford it, but my weight gain is ridiculous!

I've been big what feels like my whole life. Been obese about 7 or 8 years now. I am 29 years old. I don't do moisturising or anything so maybe I should start.

Thanks for your help and inspiration so far :)

I think it does seem like a lot of money until you look at how much a week you spend on food and drink, personally i have found that it saves me money, before i could have spent that on a Friday night in the pub and then a take away easy, water in the pub is free lol

I would definitely recommend starting to moisturise particularly the tops of your arms, thighs, bum, hips, tum and boobs. Just the massaging helps to break up celulite etc and will certainly help with the saggy skin issue, spending time on yourself is also a pretty good distraction technique when you are feeling a bit peckish.

I would spend £36 on wine.... never mind snacks....lol

You can do it... come join us.... we're a nice bunch!!! x

It costs £45 here. How much do you all pay?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It costs £45 here. How much do you all pay?

Yep, £36 here. I'd definitely check with your pharmacist - maybe give Lipotrim a call tomorrow and ask them, too. RoI is definitely more (though don't know why - EU shouldn't be adding import duty or whatever, as my OH has just pointed out...) but I've heard NI is more as well and I've never heard a good reason why.

I seem to recall one place turned out to be charging the men's prices by mistake (they have bigger portions, so pay more). Definitely follow it up.

If it turns out to be just the pharmacy adding costs, and LT can't stop them, then perhaps check if there are other pharmacists in your area who charge differently.

Best of luck,
Mx

I'm using the pharmacy closest to me for easiness sake!

Think I will email lipotrim. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Seems everywhere varies on price,I pay £29 for mine

£29 is really cheap, I pay £45...but I'm saving that by not eating in the work canteen and not drinking cappuccinos!

Back