Anyone 20st plus

Well done on your loss so far yummy mummy, how are you finding the SW plan?

hi, im 20st.8lb atm was 21st1lb when i started a month ago and im determined to get this weight off, ive seen so many inspirational ppl on this site its great

Good luck blue boots. I agree this site it great, I love following people's stories and seeing how they get on. Plus seeing how well everyone does is great motivation!

hi guys can I jump on here please. I joined the s w club last Tuesday weighing in at 20st 11lbs. my 1st weighin was on Tuesday and I had lost 5.5lbs. I think this is a perfect slimming plan, im eating a lot more food and for the 1st time ever I am enjoying the fresh fruit. i also look forward to going to the weekly meets. stick with it guys and each and everyone of us will get there. hope every one is happy with their losses so far.

Hello everyone Its a new start for me tomorrow. Im going to be doing slimming world myself this time and ill log my weight loss on here each week. Im going to set up a thread soon to help support my journey but at this moment in time i just feel so down thinking i cant do it. I joined before christmas at 20 stone and lost just over a stone, a month or so later i fell off track for a week but then never went back. I got on the scales today and now at 22 stone 2lbs! How bad is that in the space of a few months. When im feeling down over my weight, i end up reaching out for the junk food and it needs to stop now.
I just hope i can do this x

Hi Jacks Mummy, you're among friends here, we've all got issues with food or we wouldn't be over 20 stone in the first place, so I for one can understand how you feel. I've tried to lose weight so many times in the past and always put it back on without fail. The difference this time for me is that my head really is in the right place to succeed, although I'm terrified I'll fail and put it all back on I try and use that fear to motivate me. In the end if you need to accept that from time to time you'll screw up, but the difference is getting back on plan the day after. In the past when I went off plan I just quit the whole thing altogether, but now I just get back on and carry on. Keeping a diary on here has really helped me as its given me a huge online support network.

Believing in yourself won't come over night, but if you keep sticking to plan day after day and see the results on the scale I'm sure you'll find that comes in time. All the best for your journey and I'm only a PM away if you need any support Xxx

Sorry not been around the past couple of weeks. I have had some stomach /digestion problems so a bit fed up. I have stuck to the plan religiously and for the last 4 weeks have not lost a single solitary pound. Really deflated. I think all the fibre has bloated me up. Have now got a referral for gastroenterology and so hopefully should figure it out. When I do actually go for a poop, I might lose half a stone.
Anyway. I'm still here and still following slimming world, but dead grumpy and bloated.
Should sign off as grumpy and bloated of North Lincs.

Tierney

Hello everyone Its a new start for me tomorrow. Im going to be doing slimming world myself this time and ill log my weight loss on here each week. Im going to set up a thread soon to help support my journey but at this moment in time i just feel so down thinking i cant do it. I joined before christmas at 20 stone and lost just over a stone, a month or so later i fell off track for a week but then never went back. I got on the scales today and now at 22 stone 2lbs! How bad is that in the space of a few months. When im feeling down over my weight, i end up reaching out for the junk food and it needs to stop now.
I just hope i can do this x

We will all help. In this section we all have a lot to lose. Come along for the journey and we can support each other.

Hi Jacks Mummy, you're among friends here, we've all got issues with food or we wouldn't be over 20 stone in the first place, so I for one can understand how you feel. I've tried to lose weight so many times in the past and always put it back on without fail. The difference this time for me is that my head really is in the right place to succeed, although I'm terrified I'll fail and put it all back on I try and use that fear to motivate me. In the end if you need to accept that from time to time you'll screw up, but the difference is getting back on plan the day after. In the past when I went off plan I just quit the whole thing altogether, but now I just get back on and carry on. Keeping a diary on here has really helped me as its given me a huge online support network.

Believing in yourself won't come over night, but if you keep sticking to plan day after day and see the results on the scale I'm sure you'll find that comes in time. All the best for your journey and I'm only a PM away if you need any support Xxx

Cheese Thief you're doing great. You have had some great losses.
Well done.

Keep it up.

Tierney.

Sorry not been around the past couple of weeks. I have had some stomach /digestion problems so a bit fed up. I have stuck to the plan religiously and for the last 4 weeks have not lost a single solitary pound. Really deflated. I think all the fibre has bloated me up. Have now got a referral for gastroenterology and so hopefully should figure it out. When I do actually go for a poop, I might lose half a stone.
Anyway. I'm still here and still following slimming world, but dead grumpy and bloated.
Should sign off as grumpy and bloated of North Lincs.

Tierney

Hey hun, I think anyone would be grumpy in your shoes. Fingers crossed when the docs figure out what's causing you to feel like this you'll be able to get back on track with the losses again. It's great you've still been sticking to the plan though, I'm sure I'll struggle when I have a week that I don't lose, so to be still following it religiously after 4 weeks is excellent. I'm sure your hard work will pay off in the end and like you say once your bowel gets moving again I bet you'll see a huge difference! Pity it's not straightforward though, its hard enough doing this without complications let alone when you're not well!

Hope you feel better soon, let me know how you get on Xx

Hey hun, I think anyone would be grumpy in your shoes. Fingers crossed when the docs figure out what's causing you to feel like this you'll be able to get back on track with the losses again. It's great you've still been sticking to the plan though, I'm sure I'll struggle when I have a week that I don't lose, so to be still following it religiously after 4 weeks is excellent. I'm sure your hard work will pay off in the end and like you say once your bowel gets moving again I bet you'll see a huge difference! Pity it's not straightforward though, its hard enough doing this without complications let alone when you're not well!

Hope you feel better soon, let me know how you get on Xx

Thanks Cheese thief. Just feeling sorry for myself. Referral could be twelve weeks. I might look like humpty dumpty by then. Normal cheerful bloated service has resumed.

Tierney

Finally a class started near me. 112 new members, and I was the only guy there :p Started class last night weighing in at 20st 13.5lbs. eep :eek:
Off work sick today and tomorrow with an upper respiratory infection, so going to use some time to try and plan the week and read the books.

Hi Fergus, welcome to MiniMins and this thread! I always think how much guts it must take for blokes to go to SW, so good on ya. Sorry that you're ill but like ya say at least you'll have time to have a read through of your books. There is loads of great stuff in there. If you want some more recipes check out the recipe section of this forum or Slimming World Recipes - Slimming Eats has some good ideas too!

All the best and let us know how you get on at your first WI!

Hey guys, just popping in as today I hit my 5st award and I wanted to say that I was SO overwhelmed when I started SW at 20st4 at the thought of how much there was to lose- I tried not to think of the amount of stone that needed shifting and now that I look at it it feels surreal that I've shifted 5st (1/4 of my body weight) this year- it has flown by!

Was so scary to think of the big number but set my first goal to get into the high end of the 'normal' BMI and can't believe I am just 2st from that now.

Best advice I can give is keep your goal loss out of mind and think about each pound as one step nearer. It is so disheartening to have slow weeks but if we stick at it we will get there eventually. Have been overweight my whole life and never thought it would be possible to be a normal weight- so excited to get there!

Hey guys, just popping in as today I hit my 5st award and I wanted to say that I was SO overwhelmed when I started SW at 20st4 at the thought of how much there was to lose- I tried not to think of the amount of stone that needed shifting and now that I look at it it feels surreal that I've shifted 5st (1/4 of my body weight) this year- it has flown by!

Was so scary to think of the big number but set my first goal to get into the high end of the 'normal' BMI and can't believe I am just 2st from that now.

Best advice I can give is keep your goal loss out of mind and think about each pound as one step nearer. It is so disheartening to have slow weeks but if we stick at it we will get there eventually. Have been overweight my whole life and never thought it would be possible to be a normal weight- so excited to get there!

Wow you look great. Well done. It's good to see people progressing and it gives me hope I can do it too.

Tierney

Back