Anyone 20st plus

Well if I was in a bad mood last week after losing 0.5 lb, I nearly cried last night when I stayed the same. I have stuck to the plan 100%. I have filled everything I've eaten on the slimming world website every day. I felt thoroughly demotivated last night. I hope next week brings better results. I just need to figure out the belly issue. I have stopped the medication, as although that is stopping the pain and cramps, I have been wondering if its making the issues worse.

On another note, psychology is really interesting and I really need to get this final project finished so I can move on to the next stage. Good luck Cheese Thief with getting into Hallam. When will you find out if you have a place?

I am still trying to figure out the stupid signature thing.

Tx

Ohhh dear if you have stuck to it 100% then im sure next week you should be able to see some results. Are you doing any exercise with it? x

Oh Tierney it must really suck to not have seen the scales move this week! I really feel for you as I'd be gutted too. It could be down to the bloating and your stomach trouble, the only other thing, and I'm not saying you're actually doing this, but it's a possibility, is that you're taking the 'all you can eat' free foods thing a bit too far. I'm only saying this 'cos with things like chicken and pasta being 'free' it can be so easy to eat more than we really need on a daily basis. At the end of the day it's all down to calories out v's calories in, so maybe try and tot up your calories to see how many you're eating on a daily basis - less than 1200 or over 2000 can impact your weight loss if you're eating like that regularly.

TBH I'm sure you're doing everything spot on and it's just your stomach trouble messing your body up at the minute. Hope it gets better soon!

I'm only just sending my UCAS form off this weekend and have to be selected for an assessment day and pass that to get in, so probably won't know whether I've got in until early next year! I'll keep you posted though *fingers firmly crossed*

Well girls I lost 3.5lb tonight woooooo and I got my half stone award yay.

Yey, fab loss everhopeful! Only 2 more pounds and then you'll be out of the 20's for good!

Hey Teirney, CT could be right about the STS, try to eat your superfree first and fill up on that rather than free foods if you think that might be the case. Remember that free food/syn/superfree aside, the number one rule is to stop eating when full, not when stuffed or when the plate is empty. Easy to forget that but it is the main rule of SW and make sure 1/3rd of what you eat is fruit and veg! Maybe post your food diaries on here on a new thread for us to look over so we can see where thins might be going wrong?

Drink lots of fluids too, dehydration causes water retention and when we reach a 'thirsty' feeling we are already dehydrated, it is essential for weight loss to keep fluids happening regularly, 2L+ a day. Green tea is great for metabolism boost and weight loss, sweeten it with natural sweetners like Splenda or Stevia, I love the lemon flavour!
If you are already doing all that then maybe it's time to try and cut out the carbs :( some people dont respond well to green or EE days or get to a point where they stop working (like thet did with me, after losing 2 stone on SW suddenly I plateaued unil I cut the carbs!) if you think that might be so, try some Red days? Scary at first but can be really satisfying and yum! People often see a shift when they start adding a few Red days in each week, more so than cutting down on syns. Hope this helps! X

Joined a couple of weeks ago, have my 3rd weigh in tomorrow and currently in the 20s. Hopefully will be passing through :)

I,m just doing sw at home.Was 24st 9 and a month ago i had lost 2 stone so 22st 9lb.Then lost another 5lb..so slowly coming off.Nice to find a thread for us bigger people with a lot to lose.

I,m just doing sw at home.Was 24st 9 and a month ago i had lost 2 stone so 22st 9lb.Then lost another 5lb..so slowly coming off.Nice to find a thread for us bigger people with a lot to lose.

That's an amazing loss in a month well done.

Same here. I feel a bit weird posting on threads where people have 10 lbs to lose.

Tx

Oh Tierney it must really suck to not have seen the scales move this week! I really feel for you as I'd be gutted too. It could be down to the bloating and your stomach trouble, the only other thing, and I'm not saying you're actually doing this, but it's a possibility, is that you're taking the 'all you can eat' free foods thing a bit too far. I'm only saying this 'cos with things like chicken and pasta being 'free' it can be so easy to eat more than we really need on a daily basis. At the end of the day it's all down to calories out v's calories in, so maybe try and tot up your calories to see how many you're eating on a daily basis - less than 1200 or over 2000 can impact your weight loss if you're eating like that regularly.

TBH I'm sure you're doing everything spot on and it's just your stomach trouble messing your body up at the minute. Hope it gets better soon!

I'm only just sending my UCAS form off this weekend and have to be selected for an assessment day and pass that to get in, so probably won't know whether I've got in until early next year! I'll keep you posted though *fingers firmly crossed*

I don't think it's that. I have been really careful to have 1/3 super free every meal and have done the food diary online everyday. I just went back and checked over the my diary journals. I think it's just whatever is going on with this belly problem, is stopping my weight loss. I had been fine in all the weeks before it started. Thanks for the idea, it was worth checking back over the weeks.

Will see at weigh in later on.

Tx

Hey Teirney, CT could be right about the STS, try to eat your superfree first and fill up on that rather than free foods if you think that might be the case. Remember that free food/syn/superfree aside, the number one rule is to stop eating when full, not when stuffed or when the plate is empty. Easy to forget that but it is the main rule of SW and make sure 1/3rd of what you eat is fruit and veg! Maybe post your food diaries on here on a new thread for us to look over so we can see where thins might be going wrong?

Drink lots of fluids too, dehydration causes water retention and when we reach a 'thirsty' feeling we are already dehydrated, it is essential for weight loss to keep fluids happening regularly, 2L+ a day. Green tea is great for metabolism boost and weight loss, sweeten it with natural sweetners like Splenda or Stevia, I love the lemon flavour!
If you are already doing all that then maybe it's time to try and cut out the carbs :( some people dont respond well to green or EE days or get to a point where they stop working (like thet did with me, after losing 2 stone on SW suddenly I plateaued unil I cut the carbs!) if you think that might be so, try some Red days? Scary at first but can be really satisfying and yum! People often see a shift when they start adding a few Red days in each week, more so than cutting down on syns. Hope this helps! X

Thanks for the ideas. I don't think I am overeating the free foods and have definitely been getting 1/3 superfree or more. I drink two litres of water everyday, aside from any other drinks I have. I will see how it goes at weigh in tonight and then might consider red days.

Tx

Yea go me, I lost 4.5 lbs this week. That's better than the last few weeks. I think it would have been more too, as my regular consultant was away this week and on her scales I weigh 3 lbs more than on my scales at home, but last night on this different consultants scales I weighed 6 lbs more than at home.
Happier bunny today anyway.

Tx

YEYYYY!! So happy for you, shows that you're doing all the right things. Might be with your poorly tummy that you get big losses every other week or something rather than a steady week by week loss. You've done so well to stick with it, must be difficult when you aren't seeing the results! Nearly 2 stone gone now for you :)

That's amazing T! Congrats :D
6lbs difference between scales, phwoar... Weird to think that you can be half a stone heavier depending on where you weigh!

That's amazing T! Congrats :D
6lbs difference between scales, phwoar... Weird to think that you can be half a stone heavier depending on where you weigh!

I thought that was weird too. Everyone was complaining about not having lost weight. I always weigh before I go to class and then get straight on the scales when I get there, as it's only a small class. I like to know what the difference between the two scales are. I weighed at home and was 19st 13lbs and weighed at class at 20st 5lbs. Will see next week when my consultant comes back with her scales.
Tx

YEYYYY!! So happy for you, shows that you're doing all the right things. Might be with your poorly tummy that you get big losses every other week or something rather than a steady week by week loss. You've done so well to stick with it, must be difficult when you aren't seeing the results! Nearly 2 stone gone now for you :)

I forgot to update my stats and have lost 2st 5lbs now. I was slimmer of the week and got my club 10 award.

Tx

Thought I'd drop in and say hi! I started Slimming World two weeks ago and I completely agree - it's nice that there's a thread where everyone's in the same situation with having quite a lot to lose - but are so up for the challenge! You all are doing absolutely amazing!! I literally can't wish the weeks past fast enough, I want a weight loss list like you guys!

My first goal is 2 stone by Christmas. What are your next mini goals?

Thought I'd drop in and say hi! I started Slimming World two weeks ago and I completely agree - it's nice that there's a thread where everyone's in the same situation with having quite a lot to lose - but are so up for the challenge! You all are doing absolutely amazing!! I literally can't wish the weeks past fast enough, I want a weight loss list like you guys!

My first goal is 2 stone by Christmas. What are your next mini goals?

Welcome RoseGold. I have said before in this group, I really don't like posting on threads where people have 7lb to lose or whatever. I feel like a fraud offering advice. The people in this group are great.

My goal for Christmas is to be in the 18st bracket, I am trying to not put too much pressure on myself, as I really want to succeed with losing weight.

Look forward to hearing your journey.

Tx

Last edited:
Hi all thought I'd join you all here. Restarted slimming world last night weighing in at 20st 10.5lbs. When I first started slimming world 2 years ago I was 23 stone and last year I got down to 18st9 so have out on a few stone. I'm back an ready to get rid of it!!

Welcome to the group Kelly! Are you doing SW from home or going to meetings?

I was was wondering what sort of exercise if everyone doing? I'm starting the couch to 5k plan today. I haven't run in years so wish me luck! :p

Back