Anyone 20st plus

Keep going everyone, I'm 3.5lb away from the 19's for the first time in nearly ten years. Back in the summer I was just short of 24 stone, I kept yo yoing around 23 - 24 for the last few years. Got my head down and shifted my backside and my confidence has gone from strength to strength :)

Another day done. Come on ladies we've got this thing down xxxx

Bels, that's fantastic! Only another week or two and you'll be in the 19's, hope to be joining you in a month or so!

Glad its going well for you Babycake, bet you can't wait to get on those scales and see how you've done!

Hiii can I join yous all :) !
Starting slimming world thursday
This is the year I need to start loosing serious weight.. im fed up with no motivation
Xx well done all! Xx

Hiya,

I've been loitering on here for a while now.... so thought I'd bite the bullet and post!

I did slimming world online about 3 years ago and managed to drop a nice few lb's.... (Went from size 18-20 jeans to size 14-16)

All was great until I moved in with my bf and got a little too comfortable enjoying plenty of 'movie nights' consisting of take aways & chocolate! Then I went through a bit of a rough time with a job, was unemployed for about 6 months and slowly but surely just put all the weight and more back on, losing all confidence I'd gained and the motivation to do anything about it!...

I'm now back in my size 20 jeans... however I weigh more than I ever have :mad:.... Decided on the 2nd January (this year) that enough was enough and I no longer wanted to be "the fat girl" .... Plus - I'm hoping it helps with the back problems I've developed!

Weighed myself on the 2nd January (early morning) and I weighed in at 21st 2lb

Have been really good for the last 5 days... healthy salads for lunch, snacking on fruit, minimal bread etc....

Weighed myself this morning (7th Jan) and I weighed in at 20st 12lb - am hoping its not pure fluke and that this is the way it's going to go! :)

Hi Amy, welcome to the group. Big well done on your loss so far and for plucking up the courage to post. You already know you can do this 'cos you've done it before. You will get there, its just a long trudge for us twenty stone plus peeps, i find breaking it down into little mini goals is a huge help.

X

Thought I would check this group out and get some support for the journey out of the 20s. ..my goal is to be in the 19s by June I think that's doable :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi to JMLW1992, AMY_R and Jayde1148 who have all joined since I last posted.

How are we all doing today? are those first WI results coming through? Anyone struggling at all?

my WI was yesterday and 6lbs off!! Very proud moment

XXX

Well done babycakes, that must have given you a massive boost! :))

Hi to JMLW1992, AMY_R and Jayde1148 who have all joined since I last posted.

How are we all doing today? are those first WI results coming through? Anyone struggling at all?

my WI was yesterday and 6lbs off!! Very proud moment

XXX

Well done on the loss! And thanks for the welcome :)

My first Wi is on Thursday.

At work and we are providing pizzas and nibbles for the young people and all the staff are digging in and so far I have resisted! Not been too hard but could have done without it! X

Well done on the loss! And thanks for the welcome :)

My first Wi is on Thursday.

At work and we are providing pizzas and nibbles for the young people and all the staff are digging in and so far I have resisted! Not been too hard but could have done without it! X

Well done on the willpower. You know that it would taste good but is it worth the beating you'll give yourself if you do it?

xx

It's hard on days like that hun but stick with it. I bet you are beautiful! Before Xmas I was feeling pretty down and fat and so I ordered a bigger size top online convinced I had put on loads and I hadn't! It was huge on me! The mind is a powerful thing so think positive! ! X

Hi to the new guys, i'm still flirting with leaving this group but can't seem to get that final number!

1.5lb off this week, so back on track again and fingers crossed I get meet the nineteen's again next week.

Keep going everyone, it seems so hard sometimes. You need to remember how far you've come already, look back at old photo's is a good one to boost yourself.

Hi to the new guys, i'm still flirting with leaving this group but can't seem to get that final number! 1.5lb off this week, so back on track again and fingers crossed I get meet the nineteen's again next week. Keep going everyone, it seems so hard sometimes. You need to remember how far you've come already, look back at old photo's is a good one to boost yourself.

Don't leave. I'll lock the door to stop you. We are here to motivate. Well done on your loss. Anything is better then a gain and you will get there xxxx

What's wrong Betty? Maybe one of the luscious ladies here can help.

Xxx

Thank you , ive been on plan again since 2nd Jan, and lost 1.5pounds when i got weighed on Monday. But since Tuesday ive felt very tired and blergh and not very motivated. My Willpower which is usually really good has dissapeared. Docs rang and told me my irons really low again, which is why im so tired. The tablets are bad cause they make it difficult to go to the loo no matter how much fibre fruits and veg you eat. So ive already got it in my head itll be a gain, along with me having the odd biscuit or chocolate at work. Im still having 100% slimming world meals, apart from tonight when we got a chinese, i had chicken and mushroom which is 5.5syns. But followed it with some chocolate. I think im just annoyed at myself ive already lost my way a little bit and ive only just restarted. Sorry for whinging just fed up!

Betty x

Betty - Don't let it get you down. We all have weeks like that. I remember feeling the same in my second week of SW, it was my birthday week and I just couldn't stop picking at cake and as I'd gone out for a big meal that week I just felt like, 'what's the point even trying to stick on plan'? Anyway, I talked myself round, got straight back on plan and was absolutely amazed when I lost 4lbs that week at WI. Did not expect or deserve that amount, but it goes to show you that its worthwhile getting back on plan after a slip. Five months in and I still have slip ups but when I get back on plan the next day it generally doesn't have a massive impact on my losses.

We're all going through the same thing and it's really hard some days, especially at first when you've not got into the routine of SW. It does get easier I promise you. Try and draw a line under a bad day and move on. Hope you feel a bit better xx

Bels - I hear ya hunny! I'm trying to get out of this group too, 7lbs to go ;) Haha, I only kid ladies I love you all really, but will feel amazing for us all I bet when we get into those 19's! Feels like I've been plugging away to get out of the twenties FOREVER!

--

Good week for me this week, another 4lbs off getting me past the 4 stone weight loss mark, woop! :) Hope everyone is well xx

Hey guys!
I am still subbed to this thread from when I post in here a year ago in the 20's range.

I didn't ever try to lose weight before and I genuinely thought it wasnt something I was capable of; I now cant believe I am in the 13st bracket just a year later, it has done insane things for my confidence and feeling of self worth!

I just hope that you guys know that you're all awesome for making the step to improve here; if you stick to it, it works. Sometimes it takes some juggling about to get things shifting, but the main mentality that has helped me is: "I know I want to stuff myself with ____ right now, but if I have some fruit instead will I really feel so bad/deprived tomorrow? Will I be sad I didnt have that take away?" the truth is I never would recall what I had eaten in a week and I still cant! So what difderence if it were salad or pizza? Today the enjoyment of yesterday's the food is in the past but we carry the weight of it constantly! I used to eat to fill an emotional gap- find something else with more substance to fill that and it will make everything much easier.

I wish everyone who's new here the best of luck on their journeys! It can be done, guys! X

Well said Soph, particularly love
"I know I want to stuff myself with ____ right now, but if I have some fruit instead will I really feel so bad/deprived tomorrow? Will I be sad I didnt have that take away?" the truth is I never would recall what I had eaten in a week and I still cant! So what difderence if it were salad or pizza?
This is sooooo true, who would wake up the next day and think "damn, I regret not having that takeaway". I'll have to remember to look at it like that the next time I'm tempted!

Back