Anyone 20st plus

Amy_R, just keep at it.

I go to the gym as well and not always perfect with my food hence the up and down losses, if I eat properly it tends to be 3 to 5lbs off a week, otherwise 1.5lb to gain, never had more than 5lb in a week.

There have been several weeks that I've felt so fed up and whats the point, hence the slow eight weeks. But believe me it feels AMAZING when it happens and you look back, completely motivated again, got a new gym buddy, and for the time being life is good.

One thing I've realised after nearly ten years over 20 stones is that you will get there if you want to, but you have to really want it. So many times I'd lose maybe 2 stones then give up again and put it on back on plus some. It feels different this time because I'm thinking differently, not a diet, but lifestyle change. Still struggle often but I don't beat myself up when i slip now, I just work harder the next day with syns or gym work.

Thanks Bels :)

I definitely do want this - I'm so fed up of being the way I am! Plus, I have a problem with 9 discs in my back & I know losing weight will help!

I've started doing yoga (at home) 3 times a week so far, it's hard work! I'm hoping that once I've lost a few more pounds I'll have some confidence back & can get down the gym!

I weighed myself again today, usually I weigh myself Thursday mornings (by pure fluke - I always go to the bathroom *ahem* first thing in the morning - only yesterday I didn't & felt rather bloated) anyway - I weighed myself again this morning & instead of 1/2lb it was 1 1/2lb... Takes me to 7 1/2lb in 3 weeks :)
(Am a bit happier with that!)

I've definitely lost inches though!! :) a couple of my work dresses were much more comfortable this week & I have a gorgeous coat that usually when I breath out the bottom two poppers ping open.. Tried it on last night - no pinging open for me! Was walking round the apartment going to my bf 'look look' whilst bending down, turning round, leaning sideways, breathing out as much as I could LOL :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Amy I love that about your coat I've been prancing around in a dress I didn't think id get into its just the best feeling isnt it. I've also been doing the whole trying to stick my belly out in my uniform haha and there is still space love it. Well done on your loses keep it up :)

Amy I love that about your coat I've been prancing around in a dress I didn't think id get into its just the best feeling isnt it. I've also been doing the whole trying to stick my belly out in my uniform haha and there is still space love it. Well done on your loses keep it up :)

Ha-ha well done to you too!

It is a lovely feeling isn't it :)

Just popping in to say hi! I'm 20st 4 and started on New Year's day at 21st. I'm not going to group, purely for financial reasons and I feel that this time its a private matter. I don't like people interfering and I'm not for the first time putting myself under pressure to race to a target in time for something. I'm only weighing myself every 2-3 weeks as I get obsessed and downhearted if I lose a small amount in a week and don't see the bigger picture. I've been on a bit of a emotional rollercoaster for the past 3 years with depression, I originally lost 3 and a half stone with SW but then piled it all back on and more through a dark period in my life. Would be great to join you all for support and tips. :eek:

Hey Emsybop I restarted on 2nd January and really identified with your post. I suffer from depression as well and also lost around 3 stone before with slimming world but put it all back on again and some. Although I go to group I find this forum invaluable through the week. I have a diary on here as well which I just write down all my food intake and everything I'm feeling. It really helps especially if I'm having a bad day. Good luck on your journey.

Was so good this weekend!

Out for dinner with friends at Miller & Carter Friday night... Chargrilled chicken, jacket potato & side salad..

Tomatoes & mushrooms on toast for brunch on Saturday, fruit & mint tea in the afternoon after shopping...Out for a curry with the in-laws Saturday night - chicken tikka masala with 1 poppadom (none of the usual naan etc) & grapes when I got in for pudding!

Hoping for a good loss on Thursday!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Started slimming world today and am not going to class for a few different reasons. My scales weigh up to 28st and everytime I get on they are bascially telling me to get back off again so I'm just going to have to be good until an actual weight registers on them. Think I am around 29-30 st and so annoyed with myself because I joined ww in 2011 weighing 28st 6 and managed to get down to 24 2 before I got pregnant and wasn't allowed to go to class anymore then I miscarried and moved house and well here I am weighing the most I have ever weighed and needing some support from all you lovely people on here. I've been reading the thread and you all seem so lovely I thought I would chance saying hi and sharing my story. Long road ahead of me but going to take it 1lb at a time x

Hi scarlet! If that's the only reason you are not going to group I think you should go, I'm sure their scales go up to beyond that hun. Welcome here :) I have not posted much in last week as been poorly, but I have Wi tonight. Lots of lovely peeps in here for support xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Everyone,

Started slimming world today and am not going to class for a few different reasons. My scales weigh up to 28st and everytime I get on they are bascially telling me to get back off again so I'm just going to have to be good until an actual weight registers on them. Think I am around 29-30 st and so annoyed with myself because I joined ww in 2011 weighing 28st 6 and managed to get down to 24 2 before I got pregnant and wasn't allowed to go to class anymore then I miscarried and moved house and well here I am weighing the most I have ever weighed and needing some support from all you lovely people on here. I've been reading the thread and you all seem so lovely I thought I would chance saying hi and sharing my story. Long road ahead of me but going to take it 1lb at a time x

Hey hun, thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the thread. I know someone who started at 42 stone who has lost 18st so far with SW, so if you're worried about the scale not being high enough don't be. Maybe ring the consultant beforehand for some reassurance. Of course people don't go to group for plenty of other reasons - time/cost/not finding it helpful - but please don't feel too big to go. When I was nearly 25st I was terrified of being too heavy for the scales so I didn't go for 6 months. In that 6 months I lost 1 stone, in the 6 months of being with SW I lost 3.5 stone. I just wish I'd have had the courage to go 3 months earlier 'cos I could have been 2.5 stone lighter now! Ah well!

xxx

I'm a happy chappy today with another 2lbs off, 4.5 stone is now gone forever, eek!! :D Got SOTM too which was nice!

Only 3.5lbs left 'till I make it to those 19's! Really hope I can do it in the next 2 weeks!

Thank you for the kind welcome and well done Cheese Thief :)

My weight isn't the only reason I'm not going to a class I just have a lot on at the moment and know I couldn't commit to going every week and just find it a bit daunting going alone. The support here seems amazing though and I have a great h2b that is helping me lots. Hopefully I will be losing soon and as my first day is pretty much over I'm really happy with how I've done. First step accomplished :)

I'm a happy chappy today with another 2lbs off, 4.5 stone is now gone forever, eek!! :D Got SOTM too which was nice!

Only 3.5lbs left 'till I make it to those 19's! Really hope I can do it in the next 2 weeks!

Well done C.T :)

3.5lbs off for me :) yay

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Brilliant stuff, well done Jayde and Purple :) x

whoop whoop. Losses all round. I'm so proud of us all

3.5lbs for me

xxx

Wow great week jayde, purple and babycakes! :) We're all doing so well this week! Xx

Hi all!

Is it a myth about using all your syns?

I've read before that if you don't use your 15 syns a day your weight loss will slow down... I'm so bad at this!
Not for any reason in particular, just because the majority of my meals don't have syns in & I'm usually so full on that, plus HE's & fruit I'm only having about 6syns a day...

Wondered if this slowed my losses down as on the first week when the kitchen cupboards weren't SW friendly & I was having the full quota of syns I had a much better loss....

I have just gone to the vending machine at work for the first time in a month & got some maltesers (9.5 syns) & diet coke, as I've only had 2 syns today so far & tonight's dinner is syn free!

Dont worry too much about your syns. I think they are mainly included in the plan so you don't feel deprived and can enjoy the odd treat without feeling like you've blown it. I've had good losses on weeks ive used them all and also on weeks I havent had that many. Xx

Back