Anyone 20st plus

Hello all I joined sw last week had my first weigh in today so was wondering if it's OK to join this group. I've BED and need all the support I can get to get healthy in body and mind. Feeling very positive xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya! :)

Lots of support given here so you've come to the right place...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Amy so glad to be on this journey! Feel like I can do it this time! How are you doing with it? X

Thanks Amy so glad to be on this journey! Feel like I can do it this time! How are you doing with it? X

Starting in the right mindset will do wonders for you - I'm sure you'll reach your targets :)

I started on the 3rd January, weighing 21st 2 & 3/4lb ... Hoping to lose 108lb over the year...
So far, I've had 7 weigh ins & I've lost 16 3/4lb ... So if I carry on like this I should reach my target by the end of the year :)

Weigh in day tomorrow & I'm hoping I've lost at least 1/4lb - taking me from the '20s' (currently 20st exactly) to the '19s'!

Stayed the same this week :( ... The first time in 8 weeks I've not had a loss & I'm SO annoyed with myself...

My hearts not been in it this week, I've generally felt quite rubbish & I know I've not eaten enough, drunk enough & had at least 1/3 super free with each meal... I've had no desire at all to eat fruit (I'm sick of the site of it!) so I've just been going hungry during the day & using my syns for biscuits in the evening!

I MUST get back on it this week!

Don't beat yourself up over it Amy. I know it's disappointing but at least it isn't a gain. We all have weeks where we're not 100% because we're human and if any of us could eat "perfectly" all the time none of is would be going to sw anyway :)

You've done really well so far and I'm sure next week you'll be happy with the result on the scales xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So I know I've lost weight... But I can't see it at all... Put my jeans on today (casual Friday at work)... Didn't think much of it, just caught sight of myself in the mirror - they're so baggy! My freshly washed (usually fitted) skinny jeans look like I've worn them for a month & stretched the living day lights out of them! Goodbye size 20 skinny jeans... Hello size 18! (Unless I'm in between sizes for a while!)

Stayed the same this week :( ... The first time in 8 weeks I've not had a loss & I'm SO annoyed with myself...

My hearts not been in it this week, I've generally felt quite rubbish & I know I've not eaten enough, drunk enough & had at least 1/3 super free with each meal... I've had no desire at all to eat fruit (I'm sick of the site of it!) so I've just been going hungry during the day & using my syns for biscuits in the evening!

I MUST get back on it this week!

Look how good it felt getting into size 18s just a short time ago....it'll be even better getting into a 16!

Come on - you've pinned down what went wrong. You didn't gain. So you're sick of fruit? What about a box of crunchy veg strips all prepped in the fridge for when you need to munch?

Tough love and virtual hugs :bighug:

Thanks ladies :) I've had a good day today (food wise) ... So onwards & upwards!

Feeling totally demotivated... My size 20 skinny fit jeans (Dorothy Perkins) are so baggy me... Bought a pair of size 18 (stretchy!) from Matalan yesterday & I literally can't get them over my knees! :( :(

Don't feel like I can see a difference in myself at all, I know I've only lost 16 3/4lb but I thought I'd notice it a bit at least!

Two photos below of before I started SW & today... Only difference I see is one I'm smiling, one I'm serious & my hair colour has changed! :(

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1393597365.760009.jpg

Hey hun, sorry you're not feeling good. It took me around 2.5 stone to actually see some changes. I knew they were happening but with a high start weights it can take a while for them to show visually. Try taking some full body pics every month or so, I did a thread of my pics and it's amazing when you look back and see yourself getting visibly smaller. Facially you look gorgeous in both your pics and as you never had a fat face to start with you might not notice much of a change, but please don't get disheartened. xx

Amy, I agree with Cheese thief, you look lovely in both pictures, which is probably why the change isn't so obvious, lots of 'before' pics are awful, but yours isn't! Don't get disheartened by the randomness of jeans sizes, I often find Matalan sizes to be a little on the smaller side, so try not to let it get you down.

Keep up the good work, you're doing fab. :)

Newbie joining the thread.

Currently 21st 4lb. The moment I decided to do something was seeing photos of myself with my son and thinking none of those can be printed off I look disgusting. He was born 12th Jan 2013 and over this last year I have gotten bigger and bigger, first goal is to lose the weight I put on since having him. I want to be healthy for him so that I am not embarrassed to take him swimming like I am now, so he does not get bullied at school (when he goes) for having a fat mam and to generally be healthy and more active so he has more fun.

I know its going to be hard, I will have ups and downs but I am determined!

Welcome tazzy. You'll find loads of help and support on minis everyone is friendly and will help you with your weight loss. Have you joined a class or are you following the plan at home?x

Following the plan at home. have a toddler and run two of my own businesses so cannot commit to going to a class each week. My other half is doing the plan to so that should help me.

Does anyone use the slimming world app? If so how up to date is it?

Thanks

I use it a lot for finding out syn values and it's pretty good x

Thanks C.T & Hip... Means a lot to have a bit of encouragement! Am so back on it now, have been away for the weekend & I ate soooo low syn (apart from the creme egg I won on the 2p machine at the arcades... But I'd earnt that ;) Ha-ha!)

Day 5 nearly finished

Breakfast - slice of wholemeal toast Hexb with a smidgen of butter, banana and activia 0% fat yoghurt
Dinner - thai mug shot, chicken, apple, banana
Tea - home made hybrid meat/veg lasanga -(beef mince, quorn, red lentils, courgette, pepper, carrot, celery, leek, onion, tomatoes, cauliflower. White sauce made with quark, fat free yoghurt and eggs), served with salad (lettuce, tomato, radish, peppers, celery, spring onion). HexA cheese on top.

Syns 100ml whole milk 3.5, shape chocolate desert 5.5, tassimo creamer 2, butter 1 - total 12

Will be tucking in to some melon later - getting quite a taste for it!

Its my * week so not sure if I should bother weighing myself or not on weds. Will be gutted if I have not lost anything or worse show a gain!

First weigh in lost 4lb and its my * week so I am happy with that.

That's brilliant well done you xx

Hi everyone
Not sure if this is the right forum for me or if I should be posting elsewhere but wondered if it was ok for me to join here (or is it for ladies only?) Started on SW 4 weeks ago ( doin it at home rather than group this time, mainly due to work commitments and now having 3 little'uns that wont sit through a group) doing ok so far lost 16 1/2lb but go so much father to go... first weighed in at 22st.5lb ( my god not revealed that to anyone yet!) Which is the heaviest ive been in my life but the good news is that im now that bit lighter than I was before :) feelig quite isolated this time though doing it alone. Actually done it before and lost 5st but since we had our kids ive piled it on and more so time for a good positive change ..looking forward to a slimmer future. Ste :)

Back