Anyone a member of a David Lloyd club?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Just wondering. I'm going for a free trial day at the Manchester one tomorrow. I went in today to see how much it costs.

Blow me...you could have scraped my jaw off the floor. It's SO expensive! I used to be a next generation member and DL have bought them out now...it was pricey back then but nowhere near as much as now. It's craaaazy. It's a fab gym with great pools, equipment etc. I think I'll just stick to getting free trials for now!

Its too expensive for me but IMO they are niiiiice gyms!

Did you go to the one in town with the swimming pool on the roof?

Gyms are for people who are already obsessed with exercise. I hav learned this the hard way, paying for countless gyms I never go to.

Now I have Davina. She is my friend. And occasionally I will pop to the local corpy pool for a swim or game of badders. :D

One of the girls I work with has had no end of trouble with trying to cancel her membership. The nearest one to us is 25 miles away and tho she was told if she moved they would just cancel it, she can't get her money back.

My gym sits below the tv it's called a Wii!

GCH - I was at the Trafford Park one.

I have just got back. Ooh I've had such a good time! I did an hour in the gym on the treadmill, cross trainer, powerplate, weights etc. Then I did an hour's body combat class. I always used to love BC and I'd forgotten how much. Brilliant. Such a good workout. Then I had a swim to stretch and cool down (in the outdoor pool as well!), used the steam room and jacuzzi and then had a nice long shower. I think I made the most of my free pass :D

It is a really nice place but I just don't think I can justify the cost. I've worked it out...£2.40 a day. I'd need to be going 4 times a week for it to cost the same as going to the council gym. But it's SO much nicer than my nearest council gym! That sounds snobby, it's not meant to be!

Meh. I can't afford it :(

Back