100 days of a chunkamonkey's life

chunkamonkey

Hi there, thanks for taking a peek into my diary!

I got weighed this morning and was absolutely horrified to see I've lumped on 2 stones since Christmas. TWO STONES!! I'm now up to 15st 11 and boy, do I feel it.

So I'm going to do a chunkamonkey version of Cambridge Weightplan. It's a chunkamonkey version because

(1) I'm pretty much skint and do find Cambridge expensive -- I currently spend about £15 a week on food (or junk anyway! I get my lunch free through work) and CWP is about £45 a week for SS, so that's an extra £30pw to find);

(2) I never stick to diets properly and feel like a failure, so why set myself up?; and

(3) I'm in a 'see how it goes' mindset at the minute due to other pressures. If I gather momentum I can make losing weight feel like fun and will actually want to stick with it.

Anyway, rather than set myself a goal of weight, I'm going to set myself targets of dates. My overall target is to take CWP seriously for 100 days. That's not a "I MUST STICK TO IT 100% FOR 100 DAYS OR I'VE FAILED!" target, it's a target of thinking before I scoff and making an effort to stick to CWP.

In chunkamonkey tradtion, I love the planning more than the execution :p so here's a calendar broken down into manageable chunks:-

Start: Saturday, 28 April 2012
2 days: Monday, 30 April ***FIRST HURDLE!***
7 days: Saturday, 5 May 2012 ***ONE WEEK***
14 days: Saturday, 12 May ***TWO WEEKS***
25 days: Wednesday 23 May ***QUARTER DONE!***
50 days: Sunday, 17 June ***HALFWAY THERE!***
75 days: Thursday 12 July ***THREE QUARTERS DONE!***
100 days: Monday 6 August ***TARGET DATE AND REVIEW!***

Three months and 9 days. It can be done!

As to weightloss during this time, I'm guessing if I behave I might be 12st-something. Going to plump for 12st 9! Here's hoping anyway!

Back