Anyone been but on Sibutramine ?

Flabbyfay

Silver Member
I've been on Anti D's for years ( come from a bit of a nutty family :giggle:) But tonight my doc changed mine to Sibutramine as it partially suppress your appetite and has been used for weight loss before. I was just wondering if anyone else had been on it ?

Hi FF,

I tried it last year, it's also known as Reductil.
Unfortunately as an appetite supressant it didn't work for me as I don't think I really took it seriously.
I didn't take the support and didn't follow a healthy eating plan.
I'm sure if the advice is followed the results will be there!

x

it did nt work for me either ......x

It did work for me in as much as it took away my appetite. Unfortunately it also made me feel anxious to the point where I felt like the world was coming to an end :eek::eek:, and put my BP up, so the Dr took me off it.
SM

It did work for me in as much as it took away my appetite. Unfortunately it also made me feel anxious to the point where I felt like the world was coming to an end :eek::eek:, and put my BP up, so the Dr took me off it.
SM

Yeh my doc told me it would make me Anxious for a while :eek: Will give it a go .

Thanks all :)

Maybe you can 'push thru' the anxiety and feel okay again after a few days. I chickened out, I guess, although the BP going up meant that the Dr wouldn't prescribe it again anyway. Good luck with it anyhow.
SM

Just curious to know are you still taking any other type on anti depressants because i didn't think Sibutramine was an anti d!? Or did i miss read this?

Sorry i hope i haven't offended you was just asking.....xxxx

Sibutramine (trade name Meridia in the USA, Reductil in Europe and other countries), usually as sibutramide hydrochloride monohydrate, is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity. It is a centrally-acting serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor structurally related to amphetamines,

hm of course you cant have a good appetite suppressant without some other side effects. lol just our luck...it seems there are mixed reviews. let us know how it works out for you.

I nurse people with enduring mental health problems and many have been on reductil. Those people who already experienced anxiety episodes saw tham soar but those who didn't have a problem in that area were fine.
Only those who consumed a high fat diet lost weight.

Just curious to know are you still taking any other type on anti depressants because i didn't think Sibutramine was an anti d!? Or did i miss read this?

Sorry i hope i haven't offended you was just asking.....xxxx

Sibutramine (trade name Meridia in the USA, Reductil in Europe and other countries), usually as sibutramide hydrochloride monohydrate, is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity. It is a centrally-acting serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor structurally related to amphetamines,
No my doc took me off mine as she says this has the same effect :) I have to say today has been great i've not felt like i'm staving and have felt a lot fuller on a smaller amount of food so fingers crossed :)

Back