• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Anyone been miserable on the 5:2 and switched to slimming world?

Hi all,

I am after advice I am going away in 2 weeks and had a few pounds to shed to help me fit into the holiday clothes. I previously lost 2 stone on SW but got a bit complacent and thought I'd try the 5:2. I have absolutely no will power and felt miserable for 3 weeks! I have managed to loose 1/2 stone but I cant keep this up! I decided the best approach was to switch back to SW. Has anyone else done this? I am worried that due to the vast amount of food you eat I will simply put all the weight back on!!! Please tell me I am wrong! I do exercise everyday and I am a keen runner so theoretically it should stop off???
Please help I only want to lose 4lbs by my holiday, surely thats do able???

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

BrokenMirrors

Silver Member
S: 17st7lb C: 16st4.5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 35.8 Loss: 1st2.5lb(6.73%)
Of course that's doable! You've used the plan, you know it works. Get a heap of superfree into you and you will be flying :)

BrokenMirrors

Silver Member
Cheers for that incentive! I feel like Ive just wasted 3 weeks starving! I am on the super free and totally enjoyed a veg stir fry for tea! xx
Good woman! Let me know how you get on this week xx

TRISTAR

Silver Member
S: 21st12lb C: 11st12lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: 10st0lb(45.75%)
Honestly felt rubbish on every diet I have tried, and I have pretty much tried everything. I managed to lose alot of weight low carbing, but it wasn't sustainable and it made me very ill, and piled it all back on again. Kicking myself I didn't find SW before I got married, as I would have loved to have been slim in my wedding dress.

Honestly felt rubbish on every diet I have tried, and I have pretty much tried everything. I managed to lose alot of weight low carbing, but it wasn't sustainable and it made me very ill, and piled it all back on again. Kicking myself I didn't find SW before I got married, as I would have loved to have been slim in my wedding dress.
Aww bless you! I bet you looked amazing but I do understand what you mean! I've wasted 3 weeks of my life starving when I could have been loosing and eating!!! My poor kids have been dealing with a very grumpy mummy! Lets hope that I can make the most of the next 2 weeks to sufficiently have a decent weight loss. I actually have about 12 lbs to loose in total but that can wait! I lot 2 stone after my son was born using SW and it really does work but think I was stuck in a rut! everyone seemed to be doing 5:2 and loosing weight so thought Id give it a go......

Hi Broken Mirrors,

Doing well! I am not getting on the scales until friday but I am so much happier eating! Waist band is definitly looser and I generally just have more energy!
Cheers for the catch up! How are the scales looking for you?

I weigh on Fridays too so we can encourage eachother :D I'm feeling very positive this week, starting to notice a change in myself which is nice. Sounds like you're much happier which is important!

S: 11st13lb C: 10st12.5lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 24.6 Loss: 1st0.5lb(8.68%)
Yes, I couldn't hack the 5:2. Kept over indulging on the 5 days and then being miserable on the 2 days. Slimming world more achievable for me - miss a lot of bread though!!! Slow but sure progress on SW since January - not given up yet which is the main for me. If you have a bad day it's possible to make it right for weigh in day (most of the time) so it's keeping me motivated! Good luck!

Down another 1.5 this week. Not a massive loss but it is going in the right direction! 13lbs in 4 weeks so far! Ah it happens to everyone, just dust yourself down and get back on plan :D

That's the best thing to do - at least you're back eating properly and you haven't gained. Good luck for the week ahead!