Anyone been miserable on the 5:2 and switched to slimming world?

Hi all,

I am after advice I am going away in 2 weeks and had a few pounds to shed to help me fit into the holiday clothes. I previously lost 2 stone on SW but got a bit complacent and thought I'd try the 5:2. I have absolutely no will power and felt miserable for 3 weeks! I have managed to loose 1/2 stone but I cant keep this up! I decided the best approach was to switch back to SW. Has anyone else done this? I am worried that due to the vast amount of food you eat I will simply put all the weight back on!!! Please tell me I am wrong! I do exercise everyday and I am a keen runner so theoretically it should stop off???
Please help I only want to lose 4lbs by my holiday, surely thats do able???

Of course that's doable! You've used the plan, you know it works. Get a heap of superfree into you and you will be flying :)

Cheers for that incentive! I feel like Ive just wasted 3 weeks starving! I am on the super free and totally enjoyed a veg stir fry for tea! xx

Good woman! Let me know how you get on this week xx

Honestly felt rubbish on every diet I have tried, and I have pretty much tried everything. I managed to lose alot of weight low carbing, but it wasn't sustainable and it made me very ill, and piled it all back on again. Kicking myself I didn't find SW before I got married, as I would have loved to have been slim in my wedding dress.

Honestly felt rubbish on every diet I have tried, and I have pretty much tried everything. I managed to lose alot of weight low carbing, but it wasn't sustainable and it made me very ill, and piled it all back on again. Kicking myself I didn't find SW before I got married, as I would have loved to have been slim in my wedding dress.

Aww bless you! I bet you looked amazing but I do understand what you mean! I've wasted 3 weeks of my life starving when I could have been loosing and eating!!! My poor kids have been dealing with a very grumpy mummy! Lets hope that I can make the most of the next 2 weeks to sufficiently have a decent weight loss. I actually have about 12 lbs to loose in total but that can wait! I lot 2 stone after my son was born using SW and it really does work but think I was stuck in a rut! everyone seemed to be doing 5:2 and loosing weight so thought Id give it a go......

Hi Broken Mirrors,

Doing well! I am not getting on the scales until friday but I am so much happier eating! Waist band is definitly looser and I generally just have more energy!
Cheers for the catch up! How are the scales looking for you?

I weigh on Fridays too so we can encourage eachother :D I'm feeling very positive this week, starting to notice a change in myself which is nice. Sounds like you're much happier which is important!

Yes, I couldn't hack the 5:2. Kept over indulging on the 5 days and then being miserable on the 2 days. Slimming world more achievable for me - miss a lot of bread though!!! Slow but sure progress on SW since January - not given up yet which is the main for me. If you have a bad day it's possible to make it right for weigh in day (most of the time) so it's keeping me motivated! Good luck!

Down another 1.5 this week. Not a massive loss but it is going in the right direction! 13lbs in 4 weeks so far! Ah it happens to everyone, just dust yourself down and get back on plan :D

That's the best thing to do - at least you're back eating properly and you haven't gained. Good luck for the week ahead!

Back