Anyone been watching CD on ebay lately??

I just put the word Cambridge in and they came up in Health and Beauty

b I N ...derr1 silly me.
I thought it was some special way of bulk purchasing...

In the past I've just put cambridge diet in ebays search window & been depressed to find pages & pages of stuff. some mixed packs, some imported but also whole boxes in multiples (guess the latter were the corrupt-CDC's)
now there's no foreign stuff even!

Even searching the word 'cambridge' will mean you miss a few ;)

I've put about 8 (just CD) on watch at the moment. Got a feeling that if they don't sell quick, I'll be finding them as 'invalid' shortly.

Did that too Hedgemag...you're right got quite a few up on this.

A whole 3/52 supply in what pythons call Notlob (showing my age)

well..at least ebay have made a start....maybe CD HQ can get 'em to refine the block?

i spoke to a few cdc's before settling with the one i now use and one i spoke to admitted selling on ebay.
she said 2 new clients (mother and daughter) had started together and bought 2 weeks supply each. then after just 2 days they both decided they didnt like it and wanted a refund. her words were ' so almost four weeks of shakes going on ebay tomorrow'
i was erm quite shellshocked and appalled. i had always assumed the sellers on ebay were clients as opposed to cdc's.
i guess she is an example of someone in it JUST for the money and thats so sad.
thankfully it would seem that she is in a minority and its great to see she may now be struggling a little more with her 'excess' shakes selling.
cherylxx

Good for you for doing the work & finding a good CDC.

there are quite afew threads on this forum which indicate that whereas the best are wonderful, there are a few at the other end of the spectrum who provide an inferoir service & basically let the side down.

Did you follow up her comments with a phone call to Camb Head office? If you didn't, would you consider doing so?

I was wondering what was going on! I regularly check ebay for the 3 main vlcd shakes:cd, LL and LT the latter of which is still being sold. I am ashamed to admit I have paid over-the-odds in the past from ebay but felt I had no choice.

I can't do LT (tfr) officially without a doctor's consent to me coming off my Metformin, which both have point-blank refused. One of them made me feel about an inch tall, I was humiliated. You'd have thought I was asking him could I start taking heroin.:( The chemist had given me the info for doctors booklet and he was like 'I'm not reading that'.

The GP's in NI are ignorant about vlcd's which have been popular in the rest of the UK for decades. One only let me do LL in the first place because he signed a form that meant if anything happened he was exempt of all responsibility.

I saw seven CD bars for sale at a buy it now price of £25.:eek: Tonight I saw seven at £27.99.:eek: Oh and water flavours at £19.99. Disgraceful.

i spoke to a few cdc's before settling with the one i now use and one i spoke to admitted selling on ebay.... her words were 'so almost four weeks of shakes going on ebay tomorrow'.
cherylxx

You could, sadly, be quite right about this - but also that original CDC might have meant that her 2 clients who were giving up would place their leftovers on eBay for resale by themselves, maybe in the hope of making a quick profit. This is, unfortunately, not something CDCs can stop, although I always ask my clients to bring anything they don't want back to me for swap or full refund - which is part of our CDC code of conduct - but sometimes they don't do so.

I have had eBay alerts by email for several years about CD, LL, LT, etc, and it does seem to be slower at present (and certainly cheaper than the mad prices of recent months!), although this may simply mean that the London people selling Polish product (made in UK and re-imported from Poland) are on holiday.......

It would be nice to hear from HQ that they've succeeded in stopping the eBay trade - but since I never even get an acknowledgement from them when I report something outrageous, I won't hold my breath.

I'm still stunned at the prices for MAM and water flavourings, though. But that's eBay - caveat emptor!

Just want to chime in and say that it is great that someone, be it ebay or CDHQ, is getting it taken off ebay.... or even more difficult to find. So many people doing CD, myself included, find out so much information about CD from Minimins and its horrific to think that there are people who are doing it without CDCs and could be seriously effecting there health.

I accept that alot of doctors are ignorant and difficult about VCLDs but there are health implications regarding BMIs and medical conditions/ medication whereby people are either not eligible or need to be closely monitored. Simply if you are not approved by a CDC/doctor to do it there could be a valid/serious reason. Also there could be people with eating or body dismorphic disorders who can buy it. Ah, sorry. It makes me angry that some people only care about a buck and not peoples health.

They don't sell morphine on ebay for similar reasons they should not be allowed to sell CD.

Apologies again for my rant.

That's fantastic news :clap:, though people are getting better at disguising what they are selling.

I notice one on there that describes the product as CA**BRIDGE:sigh: Others are just using the blanket term 'VLCD' :(

I was wondering what was going on! I regularly check ebay for the 3 main vlcd shakes:cd, LL and LT the latter of which is still being sold. I am ashamed to admit I have paid over-the-odds in the past from ebay but felt I had no choice.

I can't do LT (tfr) officially without a doctor's consent to me coming off my Metformin, which both have point-blank refused. One of them made me feel about an inch tall, I was humiliated. You'd have thought I was asking him could I start taking heroin.:( The chemist had given me the info for doctors booklet and he was like 'I'm not reading that'.

The GP's in NI are ignorant about vlcd's which have been popular in the rest of the UK for decades. One only let me do LL in the first place because he signed a form that meant if anything happened he was exempt of all responsibility.

I saw seven CD bars for sale at a buy it now price of £25.:eek: Tonight I saw seven at £27.99.:eek: Oh and water flavours at £19.99. Disgraceful.

Poor Lyn ,I can feel your frustration & understand why you felt driven to buy on ebay. But you are also sensible enough to appreciate that your diabetes means that more than most people you need effective supervision whilst doing a VLCD.
Cambridge has recently changed it's diabetes protocols. All clients now have to be added to a central register at head office. In the long term this should benefit all DM sufferers as they should have a comprehensive database.

As far as your personal circumstances are concerned, I'm v sorry that GP's in your area seem to be closed to the idea of VLCD, nor do I lightly suggest trying to undermine their authority,but..
do you attend a diabetic clinic at your local Hospital?
If so,does the clinic doctor make recommendations to your GP about your medication?
If the answer to these Q's is yes, then technically, the clinic doctor is in charge of your prescribed meds. In which case you could ask him/her about CD & would they please sign your form. If you are v lucky you may even find an ally at the clinic.
If you do succeed with the above I'd love to know.

You could, sadly, be quite right about this - but also that original CDC might have meant that her 2 clients who were giving up would place their leftovers on eBay for resale by themselves, maybe in the hope of making a quick profit.

dear Lesly, I,like you, always try to give the benefit of the doubt, but the original post clearly stated that the 2 clients had requested a refund & that this was the trigger for the ebay-selling threat.

It would be nice to hear from HQ that they've succeeded in stopping the eBay trade - but since I never even get an acknowledgement from them when I report something outrageous, I won't hold my breath.

strange coincidence. I never had any feedback from a report I gave them either. No idea if they even looked into it. Sort of wondered if I wasn't taken seriously 'cos I'm only a junior CDC!

I'm still stunned at the prices for MAM and water flavourings, though. But that's eBay - caveat emptor!
..absolutly...& ketostix way over the market price! How mad is that?

It makes me angry that some people only care about a buck and not peoples health.

They don't sell morphine on ebay for similar reasons they should not be allowed to sell CD.

Apologies again for my rant.

Never apologise for a rant! Passion is what makes Mini's fascinating.

I love the comparison you make between CD & heroin!

Just a quickie, but I asked Ebay the question and this was their reply ;)

"Cambridge Diet products are no longer allowed on eBay as requested by
the distributors of Cambridge. We are in the process of removing all
other Cambridge products from the site"

Oh Joy!
That's what they seemed to have been doing. Still a fair few on there though.
well yes,but only a tiny fraction of what was for sale recently.

I'm looking forward to the official confirmation from HO that the trade (as reported by Marie) that Cd & other VLCD products are no longer allowed on ebay.

Back