Anyone do mostly Red days & does a food diary?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm not very good at planning & was wondering if someone here does mostly Red days & does a food diary which they don't mind me copying? I find red days better but don't mind the odd green day

I have printed of recipes etc. but need like a weekly plan to follow.

Also someone who is really successful as I'm really of track this week and want to get myself sorted as would love to lose a stone by Easter..hopefully

Thanks

Red/EE

Brekkies
Banana split:
1 banana sliced lengthways, topped with your Healthy Extra choice of cereal and very low fat natural yogurt.

Breakfast Toastie:
2 slices of toast as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice topped with grilled mushrooms, onion wedges and tomatoes, sprinkled with a dash of Worcestershire sauce, plus a few satsumas.

Cereal and pear:
Your Healthy Extra choice of cereal with milk from the allowance, plus a pear or two.

Cereal/Yogurt:
Your Healthy Extra choice of cereal with milk from the allowance, topped with sliced banana, plus a very low fat yogurt, any variety

Egg And Soldiers:
Boiled eggs with toast soldiers made with bread as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice , plus some fresh figs.

Egg On Toast/Apple:
2 slices of toast as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice topped with scrambled egg and a can of plum tomatoes plus an apple.

English Breakfast:
Grilled bacon, very low fat sausages from your Syns selection and mushrooms, served with canned plum tomatoes.

Fruity Cereal:
Your Healthy Extra choice of cereal topped with a pot of very low fat yogurt, plus a pear.

Hot Toastie:
Grilled, chopped bacon and mushrooms mixed with a can of chopped tomatoes, heated through and served on 2 slices of toast as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice plus an apple.

Tomatoes on Toast:
2 slices of toast as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice topped with canned chopped tomatoes, plus an orange.

Lunches
BLT Sandwich:
2 slices of bread as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice filled with bacon, lettuce, sliced tomatoes and 1 level tablespoon of reduced calorie mayonnaise (2½ Syns), plus a pot of Mullerlight, any variety.

Filled Roll/Fruit Salad:
57g/2oz bread roll as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice filled with ham and sliced tomato, plus a bowl of chopped apple, orange, pear and grapes topped with very low fat natural yogurt.

Hot Chicken Salad:
Bite-sized pieces of chicken, bacon, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes, fried in a little Fry Light, served on a bed of green leaves with 57g/2oz bread roll as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice, plus a very low fat yogurt, any variety.

Italian omelette:
Omelette filled with red onion, peppers, mushrooms and 42g/1½oz Mozzarella cheese, with canned chopped tomatoes plus a pear.

Packed Lunch:
Bread roll as your Healthy Extra 'b' choice filled with egg, 1 level tablespoon reduced calorie mayonnaise (2½ Syns) and watercress, plus an apple.

Spaghetti And Meatballs:
100g boiled wholemeal spaghetti topped with meatballs: Place 2 chopped onions, 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 level tbsp tomato purée, ½ level tsp artificial sweetener and chopped parsley in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes while making the meatballs. Place 454g/1lb extra lean minced beef and 1 chopped clove of garlic in a mixing bowl. Mix well until evenly combined. Add 1 beaten egg and mix well. Divide into 20 portions and shape into balls with wetted hands. Carefully add to the tomato sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes until the meat is cooked thoroughly.

Dinners
Chicken kebabs:
Marinate chunks of chicken, onion and red pepper in lemon juice and garlic, thread onto skewers and grill until cooked. Served with a huge crunchy salad, plus a pear.

Grilled Lamb:
Grill lamb steaks with a coating of mint sauce and serve with a selection of roasted vegetables such as courgettes, carrots, peppers and onions plus some nectarines or peaches.

Ham And Melon/Stir-Fry:
Wafer thin ham and melon balls, followed by turkey stir-fried in one cal oil spray with chinese style vegetables, eg beansprouts, peppers, mushrooms, pak choi and broccoli.

Quick meat pie:
Fry some onion, garlic, extra lean minced beef, herbs and seasoning in one cal oil spray, add a can of chopped tomatoes and some Free stock and heat until cooked. Place in an oven dish, top with lots of mashed swede or celeriac and bake at 190°C/375°F/gas 5 until golden. plus a bowl of chopped kiwi and mango topped with very low fat natural fromage frais.

Roast Beef:
Roast beef with mashed swede and roasted veg (chunks of red onion, carrot, leeks and butternut squash placed on a baking tray, sprinkled with herbs and seasoning, sprayed with Fry Light and roasted at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 30 minutes).

This is my quick meal ideas suitable for a red day, they arent very exciting!Well this is just some! all my meal ideas could be adapted for any plan!

HTH

Last edited:
I prefer doing red days . here's my menu plan for today:

Breakfast: fruit mixed with mullerlight, 28g oats and a crushed scan bran (healthy b)

Lunch: Grilled salmon with 3 corn thins (part healthy b) with 1 cheese triangle (part he a); homemade carrot soup and steamed greens with a japanese dressing (2 syns)

1 apple

Dinner: Chicken+vegetable bake with tomato sauce and 34g reduced fat cheddar (remaining he a), bns chips and 2 corn thins (remaining he b)

Total 0% greek yogurt mixed with an options sachet (2 syns) and a crushed rich tea (2 syns)

Snacks: milk in teas (he a)
frappucino light from starbucks (5.5 syns)

Total syns:11.5

I do!
I tend to have at least 1 Green Day, but last week I had all Red. My diary has just been updated if you fancy a peek!

thanks some great ideas xxx

Back