Anyone doing the walking challenge this week?

Clair

My leader is mean and says that she wants our figures next Thurs LOL! I say she's mean but I do have my pedometer on today and i am going to do at least 10,000 steps a day. Prob the kick i need cos haven't lost any weight for two weeks, just stayed the same. Although that's good considering I had my birthday, two 30th birthday dos, and an overnight school trip.

Anyways, just wondered if anyone else is up for sharing their steps every day and encouraging me to make sure i get mine. I'm so bad with exercise...don't like much apart from walking and occasionally swimming.

xxx

Hiya Clair! Im starting on Sunday with the weeks challenge and im going to do at least 5,000 steps a day I think if i aim for anymore than that i may fail!
Im quite happy to share my steps or miles per day if you fancy it ? hehe

Right, my first day is today and i wasn't sure if I'd be able to do the whole 10,000 steps but it actually wasn't that hard - I've actually done 11,749! Just hope i can keep it up all week so that the scales go the right way and also so I don't get into trouble with my WW leader cos I promised I'd do this.

xxx

ooo well done clair! .. How many miles did that work out at ?
Did you get the lil competition thing to enter to? Im starting tomorow so will chart my steps tomorow evening at some point!

I havent been doing it as I dont have a ped any more but when I had a loan of one last year I managed the 10,000 easily. Im chasing 2 wee ones around but even then I wondered if the ped worked right.
Good luck ladies, hopefully the weather will be nice to help you along.

It was just over 4 miles. Was easier than will be most days I think cos i walked into town (one and a half miles) then around the shops looking at dresses.

Was surprised at how quickly the steps clock up just pottering round the house. I also found (and am today) that I tend to take the long way round cos I'm conscious of it. Hope I can do it every day but am determined at the mo'

xxx

I might join in tomorrow with this, i spent 20 bucks on my pedometer i might aswell put it to use lol :D

Is there a proper thread or shall i just post it here

I need to go and get a new battery for my pedometer. There's a little hardware shop down the road that sells them.

Thing is, my leader never said whether we tell her the distance we have walked, or the number of steps - does anyone know the answer?

On the leaflet from meeting there's space for both so just record both if you can - did 11,875 yesterday (4.4 miles). Worried about today cos I can't be bothered just because it's Sunday and i have period pain :(

xxx

I dont go to meetings so i will just post my daily result on my diary thread then i think :D

I might join in tomorrow with this, i spent 20 bucks on my pedometer i might aswell put it to use lol :D

Is there a proper thread or shall i just post it here

20 quid, jeeez, thats a lot. The one I had was a freebie. Still not sure it worked right though.

I saw some digital ones in pound land recently that said they counted steps, distance in km and calories burned!

OOOooo I want to join in too if possible!!! I seriously need to lose pounds before my OH comes back in a few weeks. Being super-strict with myself from Monday on so the walking challenge looks like something I should seriously do. x I'll post daily if there is a special thread or on my own thread I suppose because I don't go to meetings. Thanks for the idea :)

Yeah post on here...I need the support myself! yesterday I did 13,269 cos go marched on a walk towrds the peak district by my OH. I'm glad he did though...

Today is a different story so far though :(. I've only done 1,409 so am going to go to the park and then to the shop so will see what it clocks up to later.

xxx

I did manage to drag my lazy bottom out of the house on Mon and did 8,378 which I was pleased with considering I nearlt settled for 1,000. Yesterday i got 10, 248 in which is good.

All this work had better show on the scales on Thurs else there will be tears and screams aplenty (toddler style)! He he xxx

Back