4:3 Challenge - any takers?

lynneonextante

Lynne will be thin!
I don't know if anyone is interested in trying this but I'm going to give it a go. I'm going to try to stick to 3 exante packs 3 days a week (Mon, Wed and Friday) and then on the other days to have a net calorie balance of 1200. I'll use My fitness pal to balance my food and exercise calories. I've been struggling for a number of weeks now and need to try something different. Is anyone else in?
I'll record at the end of each day how well I've done. Today is a 1200 day. So far I've had 3 crumpets with spread and marmite and a glass of tropicano (576 calories!). Not too good so I better get exercising! A lot of my exercise will be walking as I have had a recent leg injury and need to be careful for a while. I have a decent pedometer now so will try for 10,000 steps a day.

Good luck Lynne. I will watch with intrrest to see how you get on. I may have to try this myself once things have calmed down and I can get back into the gym :)

Thanks Marge. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

So, you are not doing low carb on your 1200 cals days then ?
Its very much like JUDDDing then eh ?
I tried that before but the up days started taking over :eek:

That's what I worry about too but I had to do something because I was comfort eating and losing control. If this doesn't work then it will be a case of back to 100% TS.

Aye, thats what I did in the end :eek:. But in the right frame of mind it could be a winner to lose :)

Not done brilliantly today but it will do. Have had a glass of tropicano orange, 3 crumpets with bertolli spread and marmite, one slice of seeded batch bread with 3 rashers of bacon, tortellini with tomato and basil sauce and mature cheddar cheese and 2 glasses of pinot grigio. Exercise consisted of 9186 steps. (I can't do much yet as my leg is still not fully recovered.)

Day 1: 1859 calories consumed - 320 calories burned - net calories 1539 (+ 339)

Hey i'm about to embark on exante 2nd time around just had my baby 6 and a half weeks ago so i'm ready now to be losing this extra flab!! I like the sound of your 4:3 challenge i was going to do working solutions but this sounds better so i may join you and see how it goes on the lead up to christmas i would like at least a stone off please :) Week one starts tomorrow monday so a 3 pack day (Its going to be a shock to the system!) I shall muchly look forward to the other 4 days :D Good idea though we can support each other! x

Cheers Trixie. I'm hoping it will work for me. You'll lose weight quicker if you go low carb on your eating days too. I'm not doing that - just calorie counting. Not looking forward to the 3 pack day tomorrow but intend sticking to it. Have put my blender and shake pack out ready and packed my shaker and some more shakes in my work bag to take through to work. Good luck for tomorrow.

Day 2 completed. That's the 2 easy days done. Fasting day tomorrow - 3 packs.

Lynne
Day 2: 1368 calories consumed - 85 calories burned (rubbish!) - net calories (+ 83)

urgh i did not do well today had a hazelnut latte and an atkins bar on the plus i was low carbish then my shake pack but i intend to try low carb tomorrow on my calorie counting. Well done you for completing two days properly :D Keep going! x

Maybe i should do the 3 packs only tomorrow and count today as my calorie counting day i think i am going to do that :) 3 packs tomorrow! x

I wouldn't be too concerned. I think you did fine today. It's so bl**dy hard! I did 3 packs but also had some cold roast beef left over from yesterday. I know I won't lose as quickly as those with the willpower to do day after day of 100% TS but as long as I'm partly doing the diet and not eating things like chocolate I'll still lose a significant amount

Lynne

Day 2: 1368 calories consumed - 85 calories burned (rubbish!) - net calories 1283 (+ 83).
Day 3: 753 calories consumed - 236 calories used - net calories 518 (- 82)

This is true its the cutting back that matters :) I did my 3 packs today YEY! So looking forward to food tomorrow this 4:3 idea is actually doable! I am hoping to lose lots eek! Well least a stone by xmas whats ur goal for xmas? You have done fab so far.. How did you lose all ur weight so far just ts? x

Hi Trixy. I did really well on TS from the end of April until mid July as I wanted to lose weight before going on holiday to Philadelphia. However since then I have struggled. I only gained 4lb on that holiday but returned to a full time 3 week Summer Arts College with 10 young people followed by a 2 week holiday in Turkey. All this resulted in a 13lb gain for my mid July weight. I've lost 10 lb of this but seem to be gaining and losing the same few lb all the time. It's been a struggle to do TS, due to the time of year (I'm a summer person!), a leg injury which I still have but which is improving after about 4 months of pain, and work being very busy and stressful. I don't know about you but drinking lots of water and ice cold shakes isn't as appealing at this time of year. This is why I hace opted to try 4:3. Unfortunately I went off the rails this week but am back now! Today will be day 1 -again - and I'm going to do calorie counting today, Sunday and Monday with TS on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
So far today I've had: a glass of tropicano orange juice, 3 rashers of bacon and a slice of Warburtons seeded batch bread with bertolli spread all of which adds up to 518 calories so I reckon I'm going to have to get a lot of steps in if I'm going to have a decent net calorie consumption. This week I'm going to definitely try to keep it at 1200 or below.

Hi EM. I'm back doing Exante TS at the moment AND back on day 1!

Back