Anyone else buy a size too small ?

reluctant_whale

Just a little question for discussion really. I (maybe stupidly) brought my wedding dress in a size 14, when at the time I was a 18-20. I am creeping up to being comfortable ... albeit not loose! In a 16 in most shops and that wedding dress is still hanging there, not tried on with 4 months and 3 weeks :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: to go. I got a dress for my cousins wedding last night for 4th June in a 14 too. I HAVE to fit into it by then ,,
I find it quiet a positive thing as it keeps me going but a colleauge thinks it is utterley ridiculous, wasting money and "setting myself up to fail" ...

How do you feel about this ?

AND bonus question - reakon I can get to 12 stone by June 4th .. you bet I ruddy can ;)

I've done it if I see something I like. If you're in 16s now you'll definitely be a 14 by then if you stick with this.

What happens if you're a size 12 though?!?

WELL ... my Mother is an excellent dressmaker so if i'm a size 12 (god, I WISH .. but doubtful) so i figured things can be made SMALLER .. but not bigger .. that's my theory anyway :)

i dont think its crazy at all! i think something like a wedding dress is a good idea because its such a big thing (not size wise ;) as its a 14) so defo gives you a goal and incentive! if its a top of pair of jeans or something i dont think there is as much of an incentive really but a wedding dress! defo great idea!!!!

and if you in a 16 now you'll defo be in a 14 by then!!!! ;) and btw we all want to see piccies of you on your big day looking so tiny :)! xxxx

I am sure there will be loads of photos to show you. For people looking at my stats and thinking eh? 204lb .. size 16.. I am afraid I am one of those people who weigh a lot more for no reason. Even when back in the day I was a 12 I was still 12 stone! Mom says I don't have bone, I have lead! ;)

I did the opposite, bought a skirt for my hols in size 20 that's now going to hang off me. :( I like your way better! You must be super-excited, I would be. The day you first try on that dress is going to be magic!

It would be lovely if it was too big for me Soraya .. but I think for the sake of finances if it does get too big I will have to maintain for a bit until after the wedding, hee hee ...

Boggins .. I think buying a size too big also works! It's going to feel amazing when you can do the photo where you pull the waist and see how much you have lost! Go girl! :)

RW im the same as you! i was im about 12st 3 now and fit into a size 12 :) wierd! and when i got to docs they kind of give me the " o you dont look like you weigh that much" - i guess thats a good thing lol!

when are you going to try your dress on next? xxx

You are a brave lady!
I'm about an 18 and planning to be a 14 by the time I get married..(12-15 months)..I keep threatening to buy a size 14 dress to aim for...but I just can't quite pluck up the courage!!
I'm sure you will be a 14 easily in time...hope I can be as brave as you...maybe when I'm a stone lighter I might be brave enough...I want to lost at least 3 stone by the wedding.
It's a great incentive though isn't it?
Can't wait to see your pictures
M
x

Well i brought my wedding dress as a size 18 i am now a 16 and as you know i get married same day as you. The thing is with my dress it is a lace up so it will fit fine. Just pull it in tighter. But its at dress makers at mo because i had to have about 12 foot of the length lol cause Im only short.
But i wouldn't myself buy something that doesn't fit at the time. Im not that brave. X but well done you for your motivation. X

I've done exactly the same! My wedding dress is a 14 - 16, but I'm about a 20 now. I know I should've done something about my weight a year ago when we booked the wedding but hey Ho...
I'm 100% focused now though as there's no option but to lose the weight! :D x

I bet you'll look gorgeous in your dress! X

Sophia .. you will do it ... we HAVE to ! xxx

Yup, I have done that as well! haha. Thought it would be a good idea to make sure that i absolutely do not stay in the size I am now! My wedding isn't until June next year so I am hoping I will be a size 10-12 by then...

And like you reluctant, I am over 200lb and I also fit into 16s quite comfortably! All my work uniforms are 16 and they are slightly loose... so go figure where all that weight is!

So here's to us being motivated and getting into our small wedding dresses!

Bought a lovely ditsy print shirred top today that just looks rediculously small on me and I bought it as my 'slimming into' shirt! Will try it on every few weeks to see when it fits :)

I just bought a pack of bras that are a size too small - not quite as exciting as a wedding dress, but I'll be very glad to get into them nonetheless! :D

Talking of bra s i need a strapless one for under my wedding dress has anyone brought one that holds them well. Im a 36g?

reluctant_whale said:
I am sure there will be loads of photos to show you. For people looking at my stats and thinking eh? 204lb .. size 16.. I am afraid I am one of those people who weigh a lot more for no reason. Even when back in the day I was a 12 I was still 12 stone! Mom says I don't have bone, I have lead! ;)

Lol, just reading that.....think you're my sister from another mother :).. I was a size 12 at about 11st 11.....and at 11st 3 I was starting to grow out of that (though coz I've got big boobies, I've never been less than a 14 up top :-( ) I'm 5ft 4 so not that tall. I'm currently 13st 7 and in between 14-16.....everyone tells me I look a lot lighter than I am but unfortunately the reality is there :-(

Hi, you might be surprised about how many inches you have lost, i was astonished when i fitted into a size smaller dress after only 3 weeks, why don't you try it on, it will only motivate!

X

Back