Anyone else doing Couch25k?

crispy

I stayed the same this week but I hadnt done any exercise so I needed a kickstart so I decided to start the couch25k today and it nearly killed me lol Felt great after doing it though Anyone lost much weight from this?

Hi :)

I started doing it about 2 weeks ago, I am now on day 2 of week 2...Its absolutley brilliant - You can really feel your fitness improving and it DEFFO helps with the weight loss.
In a nutshell:

- get some music on your ipod/mp3/phone/etc - you can play music alongside couch to 5k and it makes time go faster :)

- dont run TOO fast - when she says "start running" - i kind of jog...i read somewhere that your shouldnt sprint because you need to remember, eventually you will be doing that pace for 30 minutes so its better to go a bit slower (but faster than a power walk)

- you will start to feel your fitness improving by week 2.

i started about 4 months ago but i did what you have said not to and thats tried to sprint and i was more overweight then too so i really hurt my knees. now im 2st 4lb lighter and i have introduced it again gradually, doing a 1 min uphill walk and then a 30 sec jog and a 30 sec run. i have only just changed that 30 sec to a run it was just walk and jog. take your time with it and if one week you really dont want to increase just do the current week again x

Great advice ladies Thanks a mill! I'm looking forward to getting fit and losing the weight of course :) I'm terrible for sticking things out so I'm kind of testing myself to see if I can finish this so hopefully I won't be a quitter this time!

You just gotta remember its only 20 minutes a day (5 min warmup and cool down is just walking) - 3 times a week.

Thats just ONE hour a week. And, you can choose which days...

I used to just keep telling myself...the times going to pass anyway...so i can either just get on with it and get it over with...or sit feeling guilty for the rest of the night....

Good luck with it :) xxx

PS: It does get eaiser to get yourself out there after about 3-4 times. Lay your running gear and trainers out the night before and just go go go go go go dont even think about it... lol xxx

Thanks Laura Yeah I'm determined to do it this time. Thanks for the tips I'll let you know how I get on :)

Ive week 1 completed but Im going to do it again this week cause I think Im still too unfit to go on to week 2 but Im sure next week I'll feel a bit fitter I find it way easier to run outside rather than on the treadmill

No fear of me running too fast lol How you getting on Laura?

Ive actually had 5 days off due to the heat (its 41 here in perth - yuck!) - im getting on it again tonight just doing my first day of week 2. Hope i havnt lost my fitness.

Its great when you get going but if you let it slip its hard to get back into the swing!!

I felt fitter after the first week - but its really different for everyone. I just cant wait to be able to run 5k none stop :D

Ive actually had 5 days off due to the heat (its 41 here in perth - yuck!) - im getting on it again tonight just doing my first day of week 2. Hope i havnt lost my fitness.

Its great when you get going but if you let it slip its hard to get back into the swing!!

I felt fitter after the first week - but its really different for everyone. I just cant wait to be able to run 5k none stop :D

I love hot weather but not to run in though! Im sure you havent lost your fitness Im doing Day 2 of week 1 (for the second time) tomorrow and I bring my dog for a 20 min walk on the days im not doing the couch25k and I found the walk easier today so my fitness must be starting to improve. Im hoping another 2 weeks will make a big difference It'd be brilliant being able to run 5k I cant imagine it :)

Today I did Day 1 of Week 2 and I found it easier than I thought it was going to be :)

Tomorrow I'm on Day 3 of Week 3 :)

Thanks Laura :)

It gets easier to force yourself out of the door too dont you think? the further you run, the more addicted you get - and the weight will just melt off you!*

*combined with a healthy diet of course ;)

It is hard cause Ive never been able to run continuously for more than 2 mins and now im doing 3 but I love it now :) Still cant ever imagine being able to run for 25 mins but thats just me having no confidence Hopefully I'll do it and shock myself altogether :)

This is my 3rd time to do week 3! I'm just barely able to do it so I know I'm not ready to go on to week 4 yet but hopefully I'll be able to progress to week 4 next week!

I need to start doing this.

Back