anyone else doing this diet as a 'secret'

SBR08

well that sounds silly but...I havent told ANYONE im doing LT because i couldnt be bothered of listening to 'well that cant be good for your body' etc etc etc which i know people will say- especially family and my boss would also worry unecessarily etc.
I am going home next week for 2 days and Im worried about how im going to do LT at my mums house without her noticing- if i do tell her she will tell me its unhealthy despite what i tell her or any evidence. I may have to have 1 meal at least but what could i have thats not going to take me out of ketosis- as ill only be in my 3rd week of LT

I did LT for the first 2 weeks with only 1 person knowing. The people I work with still dont know and I dont intend on telling them....

My Mum knows and she has also started it, and I have a friend doing it as well. If you have this forum then you do have a lot of support...

I mentioned on here the other day that I havent told my best friend cos I know she will react sooo badly and annoy my head over it.

Could you tell your Mum your doing like a 3 day detox or something? So she thinks it is only a short term thing?

You arent supposes to eat anything on TFR, I have however read posts from people who have cheated and it hasnt completley messed up everything for them... if you really need to eat to pass yourself - i would say just eat the meat, pick at the veg and noooo carbs...

OR just go to your mums and have a tummy bug - tell her u feel sick... and cant eat!

xox

x

yeah i thought about saying i have a tummy bug too- i think my boss has sussed something though as im usually eating chocolate or sweets and now im not eating anything in front of them- i dont want them to worry but i might have to tell them soon grrrr

Started off keeping it a secret but quite proud of it & the continuing results now :)

Even though real men don't diet...

i told my hubby about it and after week 1 i told my mum i was doing it but didnt go into great detail just said i was having 3 shakes a day but they are the only 2 people that know x

Nope everyone knows...and i dont care... the uneducated advice from other people just gets nodded at then i go and have my shake lol ...i am doing this for me, no one else so i dont care what they think!!!!

Hey, I've just told my Mum as well, been on it for nearly 3 wks now and I've had to make up so many excuses to different people... I've had quiet a few stomach bugs over the last few wkends! I'm like you tho, I don't really want to tell people - especially the ones at work, I'd just rather do it without telling them cos there will be plenty of opinions & advice that I don't need, I rather get any advice I'll need on here from people who know what they are talking bout! Gud luck getting thru the wkend.

I told my OH and children I was going on it as well as a few friends. I haven't told my mum coz I'm fed up of her constant nagging and lectures. She has not mentioned any weight loss to me so I thought, blow her, and I haven't had said a thing!!!!

Other people don't know because it hasn't come up and they don't need to know. Those who have asked have been told I'm on a diet but no details!

I haven't told my sisters because they live further away and I don't see them that often. Plus, I'm looking forward to surprising them with my loss when I next see them!!!!!!

x

I've been on it for 7 weeks and only my fella knows (kind of hard for him not to as we live together!) Due to work timetable it is easy for me to say that I'm eating lunch when I get home (3.30) due to trying to save money. Now people have noticed the weight loss I've just said I've been eating healthy and not snaking during the day. No more questions asked really. The main prob has been going out for drinks, excuses have ranged from I'm driving, on antibiotics etc but I'm now just saying I'm trying to get healthy for summer and save money so have decided not to drink. I find if you then change the subject by asking them a question people generally just take your word for it!

Im dreading going home for 2 days- i mean dont get me wrong i cant wait to see my family but there no way im telling my mum as she will just tell me im loosing weight the wrong way etc, plus how am i going to make the shakes without her asking what im making etc, grrrrrr

Im dreading going home for 2 days- i mean dont get me wrong i cant wait to see my family but there no way im telling my mum as she will just tell me im loosing weight the wrong way etc, plus how am i going to make the shakes without her asking what im making etc, grrrrrr

Say that your detoxing after a bad tummy bug!;):D...and that your shakes are like Complan!

Ive just told my very skinny sister that I have started LT, she wasnt pleased at all, Im not doing it the right way, I will damage my health, my skin and hair will look terrible etc .. etc.. thanks for the support sis.... good job ive got you lot, complan seems a good idea, wish I had thought of that

Off to Ascot next week with a group of friends and I don't intend telling any of them. They are all meeting up for breakfast first and I am going to say I can't arrange a babysitter that early so will meet them later. Then I am going to say I am on antibiotics so I can't drink, and the antibiotics will have upset my tummy so I won't feel like eating either!!! Oh what a wicked web we weave.............

Ive just told my very skinny sister that I have started LT, she wasnt pleased at all, Im not doing it the right way, I will damage my health, my skin and hair will look terrible etc .. etc.. thanks for the support sis.... good job ive got you lot, complan seems a good idea, wish I had thought of that

I think the 'skinny gals' feel threatened by us 'big lasses' doing LT, they want us to remain the 'fat friend/sister/colleague!:rolleyes::D

Thats true, she wont get all the attention , next time we go out, will she, not thought of that, ta x

Bet ya she wont!

You'll have em beating your door down!

Give Sis your 'rejects!':D

I like your style Bellyflop!

Lou, your sis won't know what hit her when you next go out!!!!!

x

I like your style Bellyflop!

Lou, your sis won't know what hit her when you next go out!!!!!

x

Well, one girls rubbish is another girls treasure!:D

Lol!:giggle:

x

My immediate family know I'm on LT. It was the wife and her sister who persuaded me to give it a whirl. I fought them for ages but I'm so glad I gave in to them. Like so many others I doubted all extreme diets but I'm now a convert!
As time has gone by I have told my parents and my bro about the diet and they've been tremendously supportive. However, none of my colleagues or friends know about LT. I told colleagues that I'm off the booze and eating less (no lie that!) and I'm avoiding my mates.
Luckily most of my best mates live in other parts of the country so avoiding them is easy. I plan to shock them when they next see me - 10 stone lighter!!!

Back