Anyone else drinking a lot less alcohol?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kevandju5, 14 May 2009 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I realised this week that I hardly drink any more! :party0016: I used to have a glass (or two) of pinot most evenings and in the last week I had only 1 vodka and diet coke. One drink in a whole week - unheard of!!!

I don't think it's been a conscious decision, just I like spending my syns on sweet treats usually.

Has anyone else noticed they are drinking a lot less?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    when i first started i realised that for the amount of syns i would spend on a night getting trashed on malibu and coke on a night out.. i could spend on so much more, tummy filling satisifying things.. Also as my OH doesnt drink much at all.. before long i didnt drink at all.. and now i don't drink at all, at any time. Not because im against it, or dislike it now (malibu will always be my friend lol) .. but i can en joy my nights out sober, and know come weigh in.. i will have lost for the 'sacrifice' .. i am a happy sober girlie these days.. and i quit smoking.. i feel much better overall.. and my skin is lovley now! xx

4. Leanne89

Leanne89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't been drinking at all and before this i was a party animal! plus im only 20 years old lol what other 20 year old do you know that doesnt even have one drink

5. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Haha, waves.. im slightly younger than you and now i dont either, and i used to be out every friday and saturday!!! lol nvm eh.. we can be skinny instead ;) x

6. Leanne89

Leanne89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol how do u change ur weight thingy i lost another 1/2 pound this week

7. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I'm the same I hardly drink anymore! Recently when I was out I made a conscious decision to go off diet for the night. So I did and drank like I used to when I was much bigger!! I don't think I can take that much drink anymore, in fact it was evident I couldn't! lol

K xx

8. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I used to drink every saturday, but i decided it was affecting me losing weight as when i was drunk i would eat everything in sight, then the next day i would be hung over and want to eat everything in sight too, then i would find it hard to get back on track. So i stopped drinking and have had much better weightlosses since. I don't even miss it, lol i love getting up and not having a hang over on the sunday!! x

9. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I've been having a bad syns week after buying the wrong Quark and was wondering how I could still go out at the weekend. Then it hit me - I could drink Diet Coke!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Since coming to Spain anyway our drinking has fallen loads (the thought of a pint scares me now) but over the last few weeks I've started having alcohol-lite or free or even - :eek::eek: - a coffee. Think they'll take away by Geordie nationality? :D:D:D

And I really like it too.

10. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I used to drink quite a lot at the weekends, and often a glass of wine with dinner, but now I usually only have half a bottle of wine at the weekend at the most, sometimes I only have one drink a week! It's just too high in syns, I still like it. I don't miss the hangovers though.

11. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but mainly because I find I can't take it anymore, a couple of glasses of wine & I am reeling so I just decided that unless it is a special occasion I wouldn't bother, the hangover the next day isn't worth it anyway.

OMG I have finally grown up.....HELP!

12. paulsrich

paulsrich Full Member

Hiya everyone. I dont drink much now either. I used to have a few pints during the week and then probably a bottle of white on Friday night. I tend to go out and binge drink every 4 - 6 weeks. I went out with the lads last Saturday night and had a stonking hangover on Sunday. I didnt loss anything on Monday weigh in either. So no more alcohol for me now. Well not for another 4 weeks or so. lol.
    I think the alcohol messes about with your body too much. I am really focused this week and hoping for a good weight loss on monday. I am currently drinking 3 - 4 litres of water a day. But struglle with drinking that much over the weekend. Anyway its FRIDAY!!!! :)

13. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Much like everyone else, I don't drink much at all now.

I used to be quite a big drinker...a couple of glasses of wine most evenings with dinner, a couple of bottles at weekend with OH if we were staying in and immesurable amounts if we were going out!

I attempted to syn my booze at first, when going out at the weekend, but I found that after a few glasses I'd just keep going and forget to keep count. Then I'd think I'd blown the diet and on the Sunday I'd resort to my hangover foods!

Now, I reserve my drinking for special occasions, and the odd glass during the week if syns permit. I feel so much better for it! I am in control, love not getting hangovers, seeing better results on the scales... I did go about 5 weeks without any at all at one point.
    I volunteer to drive much more often (which OH loves) and when I do go out, it's a cheap night as I'm such a lightweight! LOL!

14. crimson_noir

crimson_noir Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.6%)
    Diet:
    Slim and save
    Not less alcohol but more whiskey and less beer or wine.

15. sanicholl

sanicholl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can totally agree with you all, I used to drink a LOT and now I only have the odd glass of wine or if i'm out its a vodka and coke. I love not having hangovers that last for days!!

16. seashellslim

seashellslim Member

I used to drink a glass of wine each night, but have not bothered to since I started sw. I cant do without coffee with real sugar so save my sins for that normally.

17. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Nope. Not a sausage. I'm trying though *says she who's just bought another bottle of naughty Mr J.D.* I'm going to syn it all today for a change though. The balance it out for the week. And have singles. And no Jagerbombs. And not go out. Promise.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol. Actually, I quite fancy JD now you've said that! Am out for a few bevvies tonight. :D Been saving up my syns all day. Better go steady though. This lack of alcohol lately will be turning me into a right light-weight!

20. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    OH and I used to have a couple of drinks most nights, plus lots at the W/E, then cut down to Friday and saturday, then cut down to wine, then cut that in half! I daredn't think how many syns/ units we used to get thro, but OH's BP is now back to normal and I'm losing consistently every week. I still have my wine on fri and sat, but I'm not abusing it any more and I enjoy it, and no hangover!

21. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    37 1/2 syns for me last night! Then the magic cure of a 7 1/2 syn can of vimto this morning. Whoopsie!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.