Anyone else experiencing this?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Caz, 1 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I've found that over the past few days my muscles are kind of achey. Not all the time, but when I do stuff. Like if I walk up more than one flight of stairs my legs ache. I was going to go to the gym today but I'm not sure my legs and stuff would cope with it!! Anyone else finding this? Does it go away or is it just a side effect of a VLCD?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. myrtlemoo

myrtlemoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.81%)
    You can find this at the beginning of this diet - sometimes better to give your body a couple of weeks to adjust to it before undertaking strenuous exercise. Think there's guidance on this in the books?? Good luck x

4. *Mojo-jojo*

*Mojo-jojo* Say it in Dr Evil style!!

Start Weight:
    25st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i had the reverse i had far too much energy and i dont know where to put it all!!! lol !!!

5. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

It is normal to have some fatigue, after all your body have been put into a kind of starvation and is being forced to eat its own fat (nice thought!!:) )
    You won't have a lot of energy left to expend... so stuff you never thought twice about such as running upstairs (although i havent been able to do that for a long long time) or runnign for a bus, can become quite difficult.... in week 5 and I am still knackered so I do what my body allows me to!
    Personally I would avoild the gym unless you are just doing gentle toning exercises..
    One small step at a time.. your body is undergoing huge changes right now.
    x

6. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    I was going to the gym before, so thought I might be ok. While I'm not tired I think my muscles are catching up with my energy levels slowly! So I think if I go to the gym I will stick to toning exercises/resistance training. Thanks for the advice guys!

7. Róisín

Róisín Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.88%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    This forum is great! So informative.

Carolineg, when my muscles are sore (from stress or whatever) I soak in a bath with deepheat bubble bath. It is fantastic, it really gets in and relaxs them out. If your muscles are achey it should help them - plus you feel so relaxed and sleepy afterwards its wonderful. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.