Anyone else feeling disheartened with their weight loss recently??

carley463

Hi Everyone, New to posting so if anything is wrong please tell me ;)
I've been doing slimming world a couple of months now and have lost 1 stone 9 so far. (I have a long way to go) but after being overweight my whole life i could finally see light at the end of the tunnel :eek:
Until this last 3 weeks that is. I have come to a stand still and gone from loosing anything from 3 to 6 pounds a week to (very small) gain and maintains :cry:
I just wondered how you keep focused and don't get down heartened especially when you are trying your hardest and don't see results?
I have re-read my book tonight and found i've been making a couple of silly mistakes but i think those mistakes could have cost me the last 3 weeks and i'm feeling quite sad about it :break_diet:
If anyone has any stories or comments that would give me the boost i need i'd be so grateful.

Thanks
xxxxx

Carley whatever u do don't give up!!! I've done Sw a few times over the years and made some quick losses but then stopped going after say 10-17lbs. This time I've been doing it since feb and only last week have I hit my 2st mark! I find that I'm ok getting to my half stone....then struggle to my 1 St then I'm ok but my 1.5 St takes ages with either a maintain or a .5 loss! Then I slowed right down again and it took me about 5 weeks to hit my 2 St mark!! It's soooo frustrating and I know what u mean but I'm finding that the slower I loose it the better I'm keeping it off....even if I have a bad week on plan it doesnt usually end up with a gain at wi so I'm still happy!

I'm also one of those people, like my oh, who loves all bad foods so once a week (generally on wi night) we will have a blow out and have whatever we fancy such as a bad take away or whatever we have been craving, we find that it helps us to stay on plan for the rest of the week without feeling like we are missing out too much!

Different things work for different people!

Take care and good luck
K xx

I agree! Have had a month or so of not much losses and gains and sts.
And I too have been making a few silly mistakes. -not measuring my HEA and skipping an extra HEB.

Am hoping am just in a bit of a rut and i will soon come out of it! Sure you will too :)

i've had a couple of times where its been a disappointing few weeks. i sat in on the new members talk again and went through my book. and i just have to battle through it because it is so easy if we let ourselves to give up and put the weight back on again.
i just tell myself i would rather have a few weeks of not much happening than a few weeks of big gains and being back to square one.
things will start moving again, keep at it. :)

Think of the other things that you are benefitting from whilst doing the plan whilst your body catches up and adjusts to the new plan, for me thats more energy, better skin, enjoying cooking again and lots of lovely food.

Thanks everyone :) I agree with you all. I've been really struggling getting my 2 stone and thats why i'm so frustrated because my first 1.5 stone dropped off. I am going to try and enjoy this week though cos i think i've let it get to me and i've become a little syn obsessed. But i love cooking and we as a family are eating healthier than we ever have so i should be grateful for that xxxxx

I know exactly how you feel, my second stone was such a struggle to get to, but I did eventually get there, and that was also my target weight. Just keep going, stick to plan, stick to syns, stick to measuring and weighing your HEs and you will do it.

I'm really struggling to get my 2 stone too, been messing about for a few months, sometimes that happens.

but all is not lost, keep plodding away and we'll get there. small losses and sts are better than quitting :)

Our bodies are all different and lose at different rates, some quickly and some slowly. And at the beginning lots of people lose weight quickly. We're more motivated and we've got more to lose.

I'm a slow loser - it took me 18 weeks to lose 1 st 9 and only another 7 lbs in the last 14 weeks. But because I feel so much better, my arthritis doesn't hurt any more and like tallsarah said all the other things like glossier hair and better skin I stick to it!

Do you do the same same plan every day? If so try mixing in some red and green as well as EE every week. Eat loads of the really speedy fruit like melon and berries - works for me.

Don't give up - you can do this!

PS Check your height! I think 13' 9" is a bit on the tall side!

Thank you Thank you. I am totally disapponted with my slow slow weightloss and often Sts or 1/2 off (like last night) when I know I have stuck to the plan 100% and really deserve at the least a 1lb off.

I am a slow loser,but sticking to plan 100% , you do expect a better deal from your body don't you?
So stick with it and it will deliver (just hope it's not coming by horse and cart)

Hope you all have a Happy Optimising week everyone.

I've been on this so long and lost 30lbs but I have 100lbs more to lose and I find it incomprehensible that the weeks I an really good I gain and vice versa! How can that be???
Anyway I'm giving it a month and if I don't lose I'm going to switch to something else!

It's not incomprehensible at all Shirleen, loads of people find the same thing happens, they have a bad week and still lose but on a good week they can have a gain. Sometimes that can be hormonal, other times because the "bad" week catches up with you the following week, lots of reasons. If you do four good weeks in a row and you still haven't lost, then yes, it might be worth trying something else, but otherwise it's perfectly normal for your body to be a week behind schedule at times. How many times have we sat in group after an inexplicable gain inwardly seething because the person who got SOTW can't explain it because they had a terrible week and reels off the list of crap they ate to get it? I attended group for over a year and I lost count. Just stick at it and you WILL see the results, I promise!!

I have been going to sw since September last year and my weight loss has been soul destroying. I have always gone for the 12 week countdown as i found that paying up front helped me stick to plan and go get weighed regularly. I used to stay for the chat but felt, along with a few other ladies, that i didn't gain anything from it, so when this current countdown finishes i will stop going to sw and just use this forum as i find it much more supportive.

Sorry about my earlier post I was ever so negative! Actually I've lost weight and its been pain free if I'd had better weeks I would have lost more! It's just looking at slow losses gets me down!

There is a Slow Losers thread here on Minis. We all lose just ½ - 1 lb a week. We're a reet friendly bunch and support each other when times get tough. So pop over and come and join us.
Tortoise Squad

hi Carley463 dont give up, you did the right thing by re-reading yr book. I have found the same as everyone else after a good start am now loosing 1/2lbs but its still going the right way. When I feel a bit down as I worked so hard with planning menues and exercising I find picturing myself walking into M&S and buying size 10 and remembering how I looking in last years holiday photo's help a lot. I also read some of the Diaries on here, they truely are inspirational and what some have achieved is flipping marvelous, picks me up no end. As you can see Im a bit of a newby re posting but thats because Im too busy reading on here, there is so much information.
Good luck and sending you positive vibes - we can do it.

I lost 1 and 1/2 this week so i'm feeling a little better than i was. Thanks for all your support everyone.
I go to my group and i always stay, and if i'm honest sometimes i am bored to tears by the end of it but it always spurs me on to try and do better and i always come away motivated and start planning my weeks meals so it must help (for me anyway)
I always do extra easy and i think i am going to mix it up a bit cos being able to eat as much pasta, rice and potatoes as you want and still loose weight is mind blowing lol but it has worked upto now.
3 1/2 pounds to my 2 stone and i am determined.
Good luck everyone
xxx

good luck to you too Carley, thats a good loss, I only lost 1/2 but star week too so am hoping to do better.

I also put a couple of green days in and tried my first red day yesterday, find it really helps x

Not disheartened with my weight loss, disheartened with myself! Going through a few weeks of self sabotage. I need to sort it out. My mind is all over the place. I have 2 weeks off work so am hoping it will recharge my mojo :)

good luck sassia, have a read through the 'inspiration' section for some before and after pics x

Back