Anyone else get dizziness?

Money-penny

A couple of weeks ago I had a terrifying episode of dizzyness while I was driving - I pulled over til I was feeling alright again and put it down to the warmer weather and maybe a spot of dehyrdration.

Ever since then I've been making sure that I'm drinking lots of water and I've been eating very properly since starting the SW plan 6 weeks ago so it's not hunger or lack of nutrition either.

Yesterday I went on my break at work and sat on a sofa to watch the TV, next thing I know the room is whirling and I feel like I'm about to lose consciousness. Managed to hang on and took a moment or two to return to normal. Another serious dizzy spell! And today while walking through my workplace I had a relatively minor dizzy spell.

Could this be weightloss related? Several of my colleagues are of the opinion that I'm losing weight too quickly and that this is the cause. It's quite strange that it seems to happen when I am sitting down rather than when I've just stood up, so I'm not sure it's hypotension either.

Does anyone else suffer this? I'm a very healthy person in general and rarely have any health issues. No eye or ear imbalances as far as I'm aware (It's only been two months since my last tests)

Off to my doctors as soon as I can secure an appointment as I can't afford to have another of these spells especially behind the wheel or operating dangerous equipment at work!

Also just noticed you posted last week about Period problems as well - i'd mention these to the doctor as well perhaps they are all interrelated.

Hi thanks for the reply, definitely nothing to do with the period problems as this has been resolved now.

I know no one should be diagnosing me over the web, and I'm not asking anyone to, just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar.

No doctors available where I live at the weekend hence why I haven't been yet, even when I book tomorrow it is likely to be a week before I'll get seen unless I'm at deaths door. Doctors here are rubbish!

I think part of my colleagues concerns come from the fact that another colleague recently lost 7stone by eating sensibly, but the weight came off fast, as a result he ended up collapsing at work and being hospitalised - doctors said losing the weight so quickly was almost certainly the cause, body couldn't cope. Losing weight can seriously weaken your immune system as you have nothing "to stand by you" so to speak and so in that respect I can see the logic that what I'm experiencing may also be weightloss related.

I suffer from dizziness from time to time and it can be very scary especially if you're in the car driving. My doctor signed me off work while i underwent tests as a large part of my job involved driving. Turns out I have a chronic vit d deficiency and since I've been on a high dose supplement I've felt much better, still have it occasionally but no longer do so much driving,
It can be very disconcerting but get it checked out asap as there can be simple explanation.
Feel better soon...

Could be low blood pressure? Definitely get yourself checked out, I tend to see the Practice Nurse these days rather than the Doc, they are normally easier to get an appointment with (and often a lot nicer!!!)
I have had dizzy spells, but they are often anxiety related, other than that, normally when I've had my BP tablets and maybe not eaten enough and my BP has dropped a bit too far.
Hope you get sorted soon.

I've had this for the last month or so along with headaches and increased thirst. The first time it happened, I just about fainted..fell to the floor! It's happened twice since but i've managed to stop it from getting that far by sitting down and having a drink but the headaches have been pretty constant. Deffo going to get myself checked out

I live with this due to ear imbalance, ask someone with you to look at your eyes when you're experiencing the dizy spell, if your eyes are moving it MAY be ear imbalance.
Anaemia, deficiency of Iron, Folic Acid, or Vitamin B12 can cause dizzy spells, dehydration results in a lower blood volume, so also causes it. However you MUST get it checked.
Could you be pregnant?

Oh my, i had awwwwful dizzy spells when i was pregnant shirleen! Couldnt stand for more than 10mins without being light headed. Fainted in boots once...ha!
Hope you get some answers soon OP, best wishes x

i get super dizzy when i haven't eaten and have collapsed in my kitchen before and completely blacked out for a few minutes. This following an early morning round of golf without eating. So lack of food and tiredness gets me. Doctor is insistant that i'm not diabetic or anything but i'm sure my blood sugar must crash sometimes.

Back