Anyone else have a problem with lack of privacy at scales at SW?

Annie82

I've noticed that the privacy at the scales at SW is not very good, people crowd around and can see the scales. Does anyone else have a problem with this, and if so what do you do about it?

I'm really aware that people can easily see my weight when I'm being weighed, and I think because I'm so big, people are more interested. I honestly wanted to be sick the first time, and I do really hate it, but I'm trying to think of it as a sort of therapy (I'm struggling to make this make sense) kind of 'This is what I am, you know it, I know it, I'm trying to do something about it and will hopefully never weigh this much again'. I'm very shy so even going to class in the first place was a big deal for me. I wish they would make it more private.

I'm really aware that people can easily see my weight when I'm being weighed, and I think because I'm so big, people are more interested. I honestly wanted to be sick the first time, and I do really hate it, but I'm trying to think of it as a sort of therapy (I'm struggling to make this make sense) kind of 'This is what I am, you know it, I know it, I'm trying to do something about it and will hopefully never weigh this much again'. I'm very shy so even going to class in the first place was a big deal for me. I wish they would make it more private.

Really sorry to hear this, and you should not have to go through this. SW promise privacy as part of the deal we pay them for, so they need to do something to provide privacy. You should not have to think of it as a sort of therapy, because it is not! It is a failure by a profit-making organisation to deliver the service they promise.

Almost very week I find myself saying to the person in front (who does not go away after being weighed) or the person behind me (who stands too close) that they should stand back as I'm entitled to privacy. I'm getting rather fed-up with having to do this and wondered if anyone else has found a better solution.

Any ideas?

Has anyone else had this, or raised it with SW Head Office.

I totally understand your issue, everyone is different but I frequently tell people my weight during image therapy and I don't mind if they see my weight on the scales. Hey, we are all in the same boat and wish nothing but success for each other. So while you are totally entitled to privacy (and I would be inclined to complain to your leader) what I am trying to say is don't think people are judging you - they just want you to do well.

I totally understand your issue, everyone is different but I frequently tell people my weight during image therapy and I don't mind if they see my weight on the scales. Hey, we are all in the same boat and wish nothing but success for each other. So while you are totally entitled to privacy (and I would be inclined to complain to your leader) what I am trying to say is don't think people are judging you - they just want you to do well.

If you are happy to broadcast your weight that is your choice and this is not the issue I'm asking about!

Also, I am not asking about whether anyone is judging anyone else or not!

The point I am making is quite simple. SW promise privacy but my local club does not deliver this, and I have to make a fuss myself each week to get privacy at the scales.

I am wondering how wide-spread this is, and whether anyone else has had the same issue, and if so how they tacked it.

Hey Annie, sorry, didn't mean to pee you off!:)

And to answer your original question then, in our group the equipment which shows my weight sits inside a sideways upturned plastic packing box, so that only the person weighing me, can see my weight. It is a low tech solution but it works!

Peace and love and all that.

Back