Anyone else have an overweight person to lose?

Smoffs

Last chance saloon for me. My doctor has reffered me for gastric surgery, which Ichancego through with if need be, as my life right now is little more than an existence, I have to have 4 different appointments before they will give me a date for the operation, my first appointment is in April, but I know that in my area the average waiting list time is 12 months, so I want to prove to myself and my doctor that I can do this without going under the knife.

If I can pluck up the courage to walk through the door (determined that I will!) I'm off to join SW in the morning but I already know I weigh in the mid 27 stones and that my 'healthy weight' is 9.5 - 10.5 stone, so need to shred around 17 stone in total. Anyone else who is or has climbed this kind of mountain?

Really well!

I gained my half stone award in my first week, losing exactly 7lb :)

Managing to stick to plan despite some major temptation!

Well done you! Have you looked around the success stories on this forum? There are some inspiring people and experiences there and I look forward to seeing your's there too fairly soon :)

well done!!! I don't have as much weight to lose but I also found it difficult to pluck up the course to go. I'm now into 6th week and lost 1.5 stone and loving it!!! I wish you all the success xxx

Hi, Hope you're still doing well. I managed to climb up to over 26st at my heaviest and I'm doing great with SW, definately happy to do this instead of something like surgery. Hope it's working for you.

Hi, Hoping your doing well, how is everything going? I started at 20st 6 and have 10st 6 to lose all together (not as much but at least a whole other person to shed!), I hope it's going good for you, always here for support! x

I have about 11st to lose to get to the top of my healthy band. Wish I was 6 foot not 5 ft 3! Have half heartedly tried SW but need to get on it properly this time.

Hope you are still going strong!

I weigh more than my whole family combined (a 3yr old, a teenager and my OH), think I'd be happy to drop a teenager :) I've already dropped a 3yr old lmao

I lost 5 stone about 5 years ago and remember taking a picture next to my friends son when I had 'lost' him. Was quite crazy but a good visual reminder! Here's to losing the teenager!

Hi - hope it's going well. I started SW 4th July at 26st8lbs (horrified that I'd allowed myself to reach that weight) but lost 9lbs first week then 8lbs second week. Bit gutted last week to have maintained but that's better than nothing. Hoping to lose this extra person I'm carrying around with me healthily! Anyone else out there????

Hi - hope it's going well. I started SW 4th July at 26st8lbs (horrified that I'd allowed myself to reach that weight) but lost 9lbs first week then 8lbs second week. Bit gutted last week to have maintained but that's better than nothing. Hoping to lose this extra person I'm carrying around with me healthily! Anyone else out there????

Hey Sazalaaa, thank you for posting, I was the same weight as you last July, by the time I braved SW in January I'd got down to 25st 12lb, not much off on my own, but SW has been brilliant, I've lost 5.5 stone exactly in 7 months. You can do it!!!

Hi guys I am around 25 stone so need and want to loose 15 stone xxx

Welcome to the club - to be fair, I started at 26st 8lbs in July and have now lost over 3st on SW so you can do it! Still got a long way to go but am still feeling inspired and motivated so we can do it!! Good luck!!!

I have already lost a person (9st) but have another underweight adult (6st) to go. Give yourself small targets of half stone and stones but also seeing that number come down (from 26 to 16) is such a thrill.
I slipped back into 17 last week after a weekend of debauchery but hoping I'll see 16 anything tonight.

Anyone looking for a little help along the way just ask.... I have been and continue to fight the battle. My old habits are NOT returning.

GiGi

Hi Vixter - thanks for your reply. I've started following your thread as I need inspiration!!
Hi, sorry I haven't been about and posting for a while. I have just updated now and will try to keep it up!!! Hope you're doing well x

Back