Anyone else having slow losses -UPDATE WI RESULTS

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Well tomorrow will be my 5th weigh in, and all together ive just lost 2lbs, and just had a sneak on scales and im afraid its gonna stay the same as 2lbs.

The scales been going from 16.4-16.7lbs and i want it under 16.4lbs, i just feel like im doing this and all for nothing. I mean i have been so good for past 5 weeks to show to myself i can do this but when it doesnt show on the scales i feel like giving up but deep down i dont want to :cry:.

I mean i have my diary on that section but everything that on there does go in my mouth, i dont pick at kids tea or anything, ive even stop bacardi everynight and diet coke and drinking more water.

To top it off you weigh more at the night than in the morning so im dreading it :eek: lol

Im okies im not down or nothing hahaha, just think am i really doing this for nothing !!!!!

Rant over, have a good day ladies :D

2lbs is a good loss! It equates to over half a stone a month! A lb of fat is the equivalent of 3500 kcals, so to have lost 2lbs you have managed to reduce your calorie intalke by 7000kcal, which is rather a lot!!!

2lbs is a good loss! It equates to over half a stone a month! A lb of fat is the equivalent of 3500 kcals, so to have lost 2lbs you have managed to reduce your calorie intalke by 7000kcal, which is rather a lot!!!

That's not so, as poor Jacquie has lost 2 pounds over 5 weeks, so I can understand her frustration.
However, hang in there Jacquie, you WILL get there!

keep the faith and don't give up!! at the end of the day you have lost weight.... it may be a bit slower than you'd like but at least it's going in the right direction! just double check your food diary to make sure all is ok and if it is, just keep going!!! each pound adds up and before you know it it will be half a stone, then a stone xxx

Hang in there Jacqui! I'm losing really slowly too, but at least my weight is moving in the right direction for once! Chin up! x

Hi Jacqui, is is worth going to the Doc to discuss the slow weight loss? Maybe it's a thyroid issue? Alternatively, do you take any meds? I take medication for anxiety and have heaped weight on over the last 3 years!

I've looked at your diaries previously, and they look spot on!

Having said that, I have only lost 4 1/2 pounds in 4 weeks. Got wi tomorrow, but scales are not showing a difference yet (I know I shouldn't sneaky peep!).

It doesn't seem to be coming off me quickly at all, and I've got a fair bit to lose. Don't understand it when I'm barely drinking alcohol and stopped takeaways. Even without dieting, just doing that I thought would be enough for me to lose more than that! It's very disheartening when you hear about how much more people are losing!

Good luck at wi and let us know how you get on
:)

I've only been losing 2lbs a week but im happy with that as I know theres more chance of me keeping the weight off.
Don't be so down, its a good loss :D

Cheers all

Had same problem on WW so i went for checks at docs and everything came back all okies, this week i did 5 green 2 red maybe i should try 5 red 2 greens maybe its the green thats making me not lose

I wish it was 2lbs a week like other been thinking but its not its 2lbs a whole for the past 5 weeks and its frustrating, and i have just remeasured myself inbetween typing this and still no difference, i can tell cos clothes feel tighter for some unknown reason.

I also stop taking the depo, and tbh its making no difference so im thinking on going back on that :sigh:

Thanks again all

I am also experiencing slow losses though i have lost a little bit more but i did this plan last year and i seemed to lose no probs. But for some reason i only lost 1.5 in the first week, 2 last week and my wii fit tells me 1lb this week. Normally i lose 3lbs- 4 lbs and its just not happening.

I also do more greens. But i think i might also switch to more red days starting tomro! xx

hi i feel like i have slow weight losses but with the gain at xmas you have lost 3.5lbs in 5 weeks, you were just loosing what you put on, as others said mix it up alot try green, red etc.

really do keep chin up - i think we women tend to compare our weight losses to others and it just doesn't work that way. keep using here cause its great!!!!!

good luck

Cheers all

I also stop taking the depo, and tbh its making no difference so im thinking on going back on that :sigh:

Thanks again all

I stopped taking the depo a year ago. I am convinced this has been the reason for not losing. My nurse told me in no uncertain terms that the depo didn't make you put on but can make it almost impossible tom lose. I did tell her this was the same thing because most people fluctuated, put on at some times, and tried tom lose it at others. If you cannot lose in between the net result is gain!! I am just starting a star week, 4 weeks from my last for the 1st time since stopping depo. My boobs have been so sore, I thought they were gonna burst, and they are getting better too. I'm hoping that means now my body is, at last, returning to normal, and I can start to lose some bloody weight. Be patient if you have stopped taking the depo. You may need to be, but I am assured everything will return to normal eventually.

Lynda

I tend to stick to 6 days red and 1 day Green and I manage to loose around 1-2lbs a week.
Perhaps if you swap the plan around a bit you may shift things? It may be that your body doesnt like too many carbs Hun.
I cant advise on the depo, as Im on the pill, but there seems to be some good advice from the others.
Take care and try not to get too disheartened.

xxx

Hi Jacqui, from reading your food diaries I can see that some days you skip breakfast, this is one of the most important meals of the day to get your body going. I know you said you juggle kids and its not easy but I think you are really not eating enough as the plan simply wont work if you don't. You maybe need to assess the mayo too are you really having a level tablespoon as lots of folk don't and that adds on so many extra syns over a week. Maybe try cutting down to max of 10syns a day see if that helps and cut out so many snacks and have more at meal times. This is the advice our lot get at class if something is going wrong so thought I would pass on to you and really hope it helps and you see better results. Maybe even try extra easy if it makes life easier for you to juggle kids and meals. xx

i'm sorry you lose slow but so do i no matter what diet i do apart from the starve diet but really can't be arsed to go down that unhealthy path again.
if you've checked with the doc and are noting your star week i would just keep re reading the books to check i was def right and keep at it mate,after all it is 2lb in the right direction?!

Well im absolutely gutted

After another week of hard work making sure i dont go over have no treat i only lost 0.5lbs, i no you be saying but its a loss but if it had been a 1lb i would of been happier, im aiming for 1lb a week but this week is week 5 and only lost 2.5lbs

C couldnt see no problems with my diary, i should be at 5lbs mark now grrrr so frustrated and just wanna :cry::cry:

ive given ee a go and thats a no no, gave 5days of green and 2 days of red this week and only hlaf lost, so what now????:confused:

Keep going it will happen. How often are you eating maybe you need to eat little and often. This has helped me a lot. have you measured and if you are doing exercise you could be toning up. I try on my skinny jeans to see if they are a better fit. I then measure the fat that hangs over the top at the moment. so far 1 1/2 inches of fat have gone.

Good luck give it time don't give up

Well im absolutely gutted

After another week of hard work making sure i dont go over have no treat i only lost 0.5lbs, i no you be saying but its a loss but if it had been a 1lb i would of been happier, im aiming for 1lb a week but this week is week 5 and only lost 2.5lbs

C couldnt see no problems with my diary, i should be at 5lbs mark now grrrr so frustrated and just wanna :cry::cry:

ive given ee a go and thats a no no, gave 5days of green and 2 days of red this week and only hlaf lost, so what now????:confused:

I understand that feeling :( In 9 weeks I have lost 4lb and put two of them back on! Can't work out why either! Its frustrating but I guess eventually it will come off even if its slow.Good luck x

I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks, but in the past I used to have really slow losses just like yours, what's the difference? Well, a week on Sunday I will be 60, so I no longer have hormonal swings, I don't have the stresses I had when I was working, and I think all that helps, I hope you start losing more and faster, please don't give up now, I used to, you know the weight will fly back on and bring its mates, which is why at my grand old age I still have a weight problem.

I really do believe it's the depo Jacqui, and I know I am the same. It has been a year but is still in my system. I am hoping now I ahve had 2 star weeks properly I can start losing. I really do believe it's this. My nurse thinks so too. All you can do is keep at it.

Lynda

Back