Anyone else hit a brick wall?

*ruby*

Hi everyone, haven't been around for a while.

Basically I've lost about 4 stone since last Sept :)happy036: Yay me!!) following the plan on my own from home, but I well and truly, spectacularly fell off the wagon in the middle of August.

Unbelievably I have only gained 5 or 6 pounds in the last couple of months. :eek:

I have been trying really hard for the last couple of weeks to climb back on, but I just can't seem to get back in the right mind set. :cry:

I have around another one and a half stone to go, to get to where I would really love to be. Why can't I get back on plan? I just feel like I've hit a wall and I can't climb over it. :(

I've been mooching on the forum, looking for inspiration and new recipes to try but again, I just feel like my hearts not in it.

Any advice, please?

Or maybe even a boot up the backside :asskick:

I'm stuck ........

Is it not possible for you to go to a group? Having the new member talk and actually making sure you go along can be the best kind of focus when you are losing your way - I did exactly this when I joined in May. I had been stumbling along as best I could for a while but I was losing focus so I bit the bullet and went to group and it was the best thing I could have done for regaining my focus and drive.

I know now that to maintain long term I am going to need to keep going - so even though I am getting close to target I have no intention of stopping.

Hey Ruby, I 've just been through a period like that. I lost 3 stone in 4 months from the end of March and then have faffed around with the latest stone for nearly 3 months. I now finally feel back on the wagon but I was on and off it like crazy the last 10 or 11 weeks. This week I lost 2.5 and I have been 100% since WI Tuesday so I am hoping for a similar loss next week.

If I do loose next week this will be the first time since the end of July that I will have lost in two consecutive weeks (missed 2 WIs completely).

Have faith and keep trying to get back in the game. You will get fully on board soon enough. :)

I definitely sympathise with you on this one... its taken me 8 months to lose a stone and a half, and the last half a stone has taken 4 months to come off... its excruciating knowing I am spending money every week to dive on the scales and run off, and am just playing at being on plan in the week and falling off the wagon at weekends... it really is a battle at the moment. I havent stayed to class for months, and have only lost half a pound in the last month... ever since I got this ring on my finger my weight has stopped being as much of a priority, which is dangerous... especially with the wedding dress looming (extra) large, you'd think I'd be more motivated than ever...!

I'm going to give it a super go this week and be 100%, go swimming, do the workout dvd and then stay to class next week. We can do this, its just about getting back in the groove! If we don't do it now it'll be Xmas before we know it and I know I for one won't have lost much more weight...

I'm game if you are?! Sorry this is quite the rant lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ps well done on your fabulous loss so far xx

I've been exactly the same, looked at my slimming world book (I do body optimising but after recording it on the website, it gets put in the back of my book as though I was going to meetings).

I've been going up and down the same 3lb for the last 2 months.

All is good and well until I get home from work at 9pm.

Been trying EE and Red days the last few weeks and really enjoying it but it's those evenings. Decided to get back to my Green Days as they feel like home and yummy.

Wish you the best of luck <3 x

Aww, thanks guys. :grouphugg:

At least I'm not the only one having a blip! So I'm going to give myself a stern talking to, stop feeling so down and useless about this, and just get on with it.

I haven't had such a bad week so far, so maybe, just maybe I'll get a nice surprise when I get on the scales on Monday morning. If I STS that would be fine too.

Well done to you all for keeping on going through the bad weeks (and months!). If you can do it, then so can I :clap:

I'm having a bit of a SW strop.. i STS last night but not suprised as its 'lady week' and i've been picking at bits n bobs of OH's food most nights.. anyone else would be grateful to sts but not me, now im thinking to throw the towel in - my brain is fighting with itself !!!

Don't go throwing the towel in!

I managed my first 100% day on plan yesterday, so I stuck a sticker on my calendar! :D Today I'm off to the cinema and have already planned some within syn limit treats. I have a container of grapes and melon, a small bag of popcorn that is 3 syns worth and taking a bottle of diet sprite with me.

Had a yummy breakfast today of 1 slice of bread (cut a circle out of the middle and crack an egg into it in a hot frying pan, done with some mushrooms and baked beans mmm! Will be saving the other half of my healthy b for later on with abit of marmalade :D

Had a yummy breakfast today of 1 slice of bread (cut a circle out of the middle and crack an egg into it in a hot frying pan, done with some mushrooms and baked beans mmm!

Oh I know what I'll be having for breakfast tomorrow!! That sounds absolutely yummy!

Think you need an 'SW' morning! If you can, shut the door for a few hours, switch your phone off, basically get rid of any distractions that you can, and just spend a few hours on yourself. Get out any SW stuff that you have, food directories, cook books, magazines and so on, and really get back to basics - it sounds like you've got yourself stuck in a rut of boredom and probably got fed up of eating the same old things.

You have come SO far - could you imagine yourself with that extra FOUR stone now? Don't lose sight of how fantastically well you have done. All it takes is a bit of time and planning to come up with some new meal ideas, menus and shopping lists and you'll be back there again - you've clearly been doing something right so just forget about the few pounds gain, forget about the time that has passed and just get back to you again. You know you can do this as you've already very nearly done it! Don't let any negative thoughts in, just believe in yourself, you deserve this.

Reactions: Say
Back