anyone else in for the long haul?

New-Me

can do it this time!
hi

I'm reading posts and think that most other people don't have a huge amount of weight to lose - I know its all relative though.
Has anyone else got 5 stone or more to lose? (or anyone lost nearly that amount?)
know I'm in for the long haul but wondered if anyone else is in the same boat and we can keep each other going?
thanks

me pick me =]
i've lost 3 and a half stone and have another 4 and a half to go, so i while yet =] im getting there slowly but surely =]

oh wow, you have made me feel so much better and I am in awe of you.

have you lost your first 3&half stone on Dukan? if so, is it really really hard?

will happily buddy you and look forward to sharing stories. thanks for quick reply

new-me xx

ive lost 3 stone most of that on Dukan i have about 2 1/2 stone to go till im dukan ideal then i may do 1/2 stone more so still about 3 stone to go

thanks Vicki, the more folk here the better!

I had read your ticker wrong, thought you only had a few more pounds or kilos to lose. Or have you set yourself different smaller targets?

am just starting this week, so any tips welcome.

how long from your start to finish you aiming to lose your 5&half stone?

thanks

oh wow, you have made me feel so much better and I am in awe of you.

have you lost your first 3&half stone on Dukan? if so, is it really really hard?

will happily buddy you and look forward to sharing stories. thanks for quick reply

new-me xx

lost it all on dukan - started 22nd june this year. I found it hard at the begining because i didnt experiment with reciepes therefore was getting bored with food, but now im alot more adventurous and like trying new things and such, and i have a few meals which are firm favourites that make repeat appearances but i know not to have them too often otherwise i'll become fed up with them. i think the main thing is if you are hungry eat! you are allowed and it is encourage! eat till you are full and make sure you have snacks available and plenty of water =] hope your well, make a diary so we can see your progress =]

thanks scrumper, everyone's replies are really motivating me.

how long you been on Dukan and how you finding it?

cheers for support

Hi New-me,

good luck with your journey. I have about a stone to lose but with all my jumping on/jumping off this diet you'll probably get to goal before me!!!! ;-)

ive been on dukan since july 29th and lost 23lb on it had lost the other few pounds in the month before (but we wont go in to that way ) ......ive had 2 or 3 weekends where i had weddings and birthdays so wasnt too good but it still came off my first stall was last week totm and not eating enough !!!! believe me i no longer get hungry ...if you do eat protien it works ...im hoping to get to 11.7 byxmas then have a cople of naughty days then hit target by march

thanks Vicki, the more folk here the better!

I had read your ticker wrong, thought you only had a few more pounds or kilos to lose. Or have you set yourself different smaller targets?

am just starting this week, so any tips welcome.

how long from your start to finish you aiming to lose your 5&half stone?

thanks
Hey New-Me,
My ticker is the weight I know I can get to anything below that I start looking ill and feeling sick BUT I am going to try to get to the *ME Weight* and see how I go, So yes will have to add to the ticker later on.
I think its going to take me till about april?? I was told. Hope I can keep motivated that long :) IM sure I will be when I remember his family teasing me in Malaysia in June!!!! I'll show them...LOL
Good luck to you, Just take it one day at a time and make sure your alway prepared with the right food :) For me thats always having prepackaged ham in the fridge, If I run out of anything I can rely on that until I get to the shops and not blow Dukan :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello there and welcome... although I didn't lose my weight with Dukan, I do know how tough it is staying motivated long term.

Small goals are good to set yourself...

Good luck and please feel free to post your menus in the menu link !

I'm in it for the very long haul. So long I don't want to think how much - lets just say that the Dukan website estimated that it would take me two years!
Two and a half weeks in and I am loving it...so far so good. So if you want a buddy i'll be here for a long time.
good luck.

hi everyone
thanks for all your support.
According to Dukan I think I'll need to try and keep going until June. Seems like a long way away right now, and it's so re-assuring to hear that some others have managed this, some are still aiming to be there (& will be there before me) and others may have a longer journey than me - proves that it's not just me!

Plus I know it is all relative, but for me it is the willpower that will be the hardest thing. I only started this week, but really hope that we can all keep each other going and get to where we all want to be.

thanks again and keep in touch
new-me xx

Me too! I am telling myself that my True Weight (end of June 2011) will be a birthday present to myself (for mid July)!
Louise

hi everyone
thanks for all your replies, they are so motivating.
I've been on Dukan for 2 weeks and have lost nearly a stone. I know that most of that will be water, and I'm only into cruise, so and have a long way to go.

I have actually put 2lbs back on in the last 3 days, which is a bit off-putting - anyone else experience this.

Plus, does anyone use laxatives at all - feeling a bit bunged up here!

thanks again everyone

n-m

wow thats fantastic nm brilliant. you will find when on cruise and eating veggies it will prob be water weight. yes lots use laxatives. if you get decent fibre rich veggies you shouldnt need as much and also plenty plenty of water!

thanks Vicky, appreciate your reply.

now to try and work out my ticker factory and see if I can get it to work this time! But right now it's looking quite scary as I have a long way to go :-(

n-m

Back