Anyone else pregnant?

Mrs LAC

Hi all,
I joined SW (for the second time) in January and have lost just over a stone so far. Had hoped to lose another half a stone before I got pregnant but Mother Nature had other ideas!!!
I'm delighted but don't want to undo all of my hard work. Am going to stay on plan as far as I can. My consultant thinks that I should be able to continue to lose more weight in the weeks ahead as I'm only very early on (I'm 6 and a half weeks pregnant).
Any opinions, suggestions or ideas welcome!
THanks,
L

Hiya mrs lac congrats on the pregnancy!!

I am also pregnant and started last tuesday.... im hoping to lose weight or just maintain hope u have an enjoyable journey both pregnancy and SW....

Hi and congrats! I'm not PG but wanted to say well done for your loss so far. SW is a great healthy eating plan and its a hugh bonus if you can eat healthily through you pregnancy.

Your body is doing things inside that are amazing but also strenuous so look after yourself and your lil bean!

Hi Mrs Lac!
I've been at slimming world since November and lost almost two stone, but I have just recently found out I'm pregnant too!
I'm six weeks and three days.
Hoping hoping to lose 12lbs before the second trimester, then to only put 1st on throughout the second and third. Fingers crossed!
Is this your first?

Congratulations to you all! What do you differently on the plan when you're expecting? Do you have to adapt it differently?

There's no need to do anything differently as SW is great healthy eating plan. There are changes post-birth if you choose to breast feed and you get more HEs, the number of which depending on the age of the baby and whether you are breast feeding exclusively.

Hi all

I'm pregnant too, I'm 12 weeks gone (roughly).

I'm just going to try & maintain for as long as possible but finding it difficult as craving chips with salt & vinegar. I try to make SW ones though.

thanks for all your replies ladies!

I'm due 3 november so I reckon we must be due around the same time Kanslow.

This is my second baby. My first will be 2 at the beginning of April. I only put on just over a stone with my 1st pregnancy but piled the weight on afterwards! Am determined not to make the same mistake this time around.

WOuld love to keep in touch with all you mum's to be!

Firstly congratulations to you all!!!

Secondly, SW is the only healthy eating plan that is endorsed by the Midwives. To continue the SW way at class, you need to have a form signed by your Midwife to say that she agrees to your continuing SW.
Good luck through out your pregnancy all. I remember those days...little one is 4 now and we are thinking that she needs a little brother or sister....not just at the moment though! Lol

i'm 30 weeks pregnant and joined up last night :) because i'm in my third trimester i have to have two extra 'a' HEs per day for all the extra calcium. not entirely sure if i'll manage that, ha. but i'll give it a shot.

great to know there are other pregnant people doing this too :) i have no idea whether i'm going to lose, gain less or maintain, but it HAS to be better than the landslide i was in. good luck chaps :)

abz xx

Back