Anyone else slimming for a 2011 holiday?

Maximus

Gold Member
I'm really fortunate to be going to Florida in both May (14 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter on Disney property) and September (14 nights at a private villa)

I wanted to lose a bit of weight to make sure I would not only fit on all the rides;) but be up for the many miles of walking in the parks every day.

After fully immersing myself into SW, I can see me not only losing weight, but reaching target.

2010 has been an awful year for me personally (3 very close friends died - 2 of them tragically young - and a fourth diagnosed with cancer) break up of long-term relationship etc. Got to thinking how life can be too short and just booked both holidays and forgot about saving for a rainy day as my mood was pretty cloudy at that time!

Last time i was there I really suffered in the heat and humidity. Hopefully I'll embrace them this time.

hi maximus i hope to go to malta next year my daughter lives out there went last year but felt very selfconscious on the beach hopefully it will be a different story next year if i can keep to plan :eek: have to say :happy096: :superwoman: u've had some brilliant losses wish mine were as good well done :)

im hoping to go away in june so want to look nice and slim for that and im also doing a charity walk up mt kilimanjaro in nov/dec so want to be nice and fit for that too...fingers crossed i can do it..x

hi maximus i hope to go to malta next year my daughter lives out there went last year but felt very selfconscious on the beach hopefully it will be a different story next year if i can keep to plan :eek: have to say :happy096: :superwoman: u've had some brilliant losses wish mine were as good well done :)

Thanks Val - I see a lot of your posts on the forum and you are doing well - bear in mind I have more to lose so I think that makes mine a little easier/quicker. You are about 4 or 5 weeks ahead of me - I'll use you as a yardstick lol.

Steve

im hoping to go away in june so want to look nice and slim for that and im also doing a charity walk up mt kilimanjaro in nov/dec so want to be nice and fit for that too...fingers crossed i can do it..x

I am so jealous! - I love the great mountains - especially Everest I will visit the area one day - even if it is only base camp or Nepal etc. I'm obsessed with reading about it lol

Neares I got to "Kili" was the Safari ride at Disney :p

I'm going to Spain at the end of July and although I've only got half a stone to left to lose I don't feel confident at all about my middle at all so will be spending next year toning up :)
In fairness, I actually felt quite thin alongside some of the larger American types, but I know what you mean.

Never considered myself vain, but I might be getting that way ;)

Steve

We havent got a holiday booked yet although we will most likely be going away somewhere so Ive got something to aim for. We generally go away september time so Im planning on losing 3 stone by then (you heard it here first lol!!) x

Yes!!! me!!!! my honeymoon in October (oh and my wedding before that!!!)

Argh - i so need to focus!!!

x

Back