Anyone else staying in New Year?

I'll be in the city centre celebrating new year......on an 8 hr shift! lol

I have booked an overtime shift at work (hubby is on a night shift anyway) to staff the 'care tent' that provides care for people with minor injuries/intoxication etc to avoid clogging up A+E.

Good for you! Hope all your efforts are appreciated by your "patients".

Good for you! Hope all your efforts are appreciated by your "patients".

I would like to think so but doubt it.....probsbly get the same abuse we get every other weekend!

I'm staying in, and as I don't drink... I shall probably be consuming Sprite zero in a champagne glass with a frozen raspberry to pretend that I am classy!

As I don't drink mine will be a drink free night. We all go over to my brother-in-law's and his wife informed me that as she has no left overs she's getting pizzas delivered. But have been good and made some syn free tandoori chicken and rice so will only have that, (my scales say I've put on 3lb so need to shift that before tuesday).
But hopeing to have a good night.

Staying in with a box of 75 Iceland mini desserts - lifestyle of the rich and famous!

(I won't eat all of them........... :D )

To hell with it. Enjoythe lot!!!!

Well I am a really bad example I am alreadt half way down a bottle of a fabulous red wine. It is delicious.

I'm in!! :)

Hubby and I plan on having a take away but he's now just told me he's not hungry!! (the night is young!) but if decides against it I will cook something SW friendly for myself. Maybe rissotto lol. Oh it's hard core over at my house!!

I'm in too.. Boyfriend is on nights, friends are all loved up so I've somehow been lumbered with my two nephews! We're having a xmas film night apparantly! :)

I'm in, OH asleep on couch, bottle of bubbly in the fridge but not sure I see the point in drinking it alone :(

Also trying to protect the dog from the mindless idiots who started letting fireworks off when it was still light!! I hope they blow their hands off, the little sods.

I'm staying in too! Had 2 Malibu and diet cokes earlier but I'm just watching tv to be honest. Not in the mood to celebrate with my fella away and not being able to celebrate either. Be glad when he's back, I'm starting to feel like a hermit in the house lol

Xxxx

Well, my husband's friends are already drunk and one of them has married husband on facebook so I think I may take myself off to read on the kindle and leave him to "bro hugs".... ;)

Shrimpy said:
Well, my husband's friends are already drunk and one of them has married husband on facebook so I think I may take myself off to read on the kindle and leave him to "bro hugs".... ;)

Erm yeah I think id do that too! Poor you, you must be thinking 'what a Nye!' lol xx

I'm in, never seen the point of New Year tbh! However I AM drinking a rather delish Rum and Coke, and have a small bottle of Asti in the fridge, I am a once or thrice a year drinker!

Hubby has made us party food yummy!

Shirleen said:
I'm in, never seen the point of New Year tbh! However I AM drinking a rather delish Rum and Coke, and have a small bottle of Asti in the fridge, I am a once or thrice a year drinker!

Hubby has made us party food yummy!

Me too!! However I've drank a little more than I'd like in the last month, drowning my sorrows I think until the fella comes home at Easter. Lol. Not the answer I know.

Plus for me it kind of ruins my Bday which is Monday 2nd jan, I can't cope with Xmas Nye and Bday in less than 10days!! Too much celebrating

Xxxx

Staying in is the new going out. That makes us 24 hour party people. As an added bonus, I still got a bottle of bubbly:cool:

The fireworks in London look amazing.

happy new year everyone, my vino went down a treat...then went onto green tea...i'm hardcore ;) glad we stayed in for a change

Back