Anyone else struggle to use their syns?

carly taylor

Likes food too much!
I find I am so full from the free foods that when it comes to using my syns I dont feel like it! Anybody else have this trouble?

I have just raided the fridge for something synful and had 28g of brie that i had lurking in there! 4.5 syns and an options hot choc to go to bed with!

I dont use many on everyday food but I have a few drinks every weekend which eat into them and some choccy on weigh day if enough left :)

Ermmmmmmm no I don't struggle & never will as long as wine & chocolate are available:D

Every Saturday I enjoy a few glasses of wine & some choc with MiL. During the week most eves I'll have a small (100ml) glass of wine. I do sometimes have low syn yoghurts.

You could use your syns on mayo, salad cream, gravy, butter, oil, tomato sauce, it doesn't need to be a treat.

What did you used to eat before SW?

I do have problem using mine, I don't think I have synned since Saturday (Vodka :/) and then I only had one.

Ermmmmmmm no I don't struggle & never will as long as wine & chocolate are available:D

Every Saturday I enjoy a few glasses of wine & some choc with MiL. During the week most eves I'll have a small (100ml) glass of wine. I do sometimes have low syn yoghurts.

You could use your syns on mayo, salad cream, gravy, butter, oil, tomato sauce, it doesn't need to be a treat.

What did you used to eat before SW?

Yeah I think thats the best way to use them , i did eat a lot of mayo before hand, had it on nearly everything, however I am not missing it!

At first I struggled, but now I've found ways to incorporate them into my diet. Sames goes with the healthy extras. You can always add some olive oil to meals or some extra cheese. I buy myself packs of low syn crisps to munch on, or treat myself to peanut butter when I've barely had any. Hot chocolate is a good way to use syns too.

Otherwise ketchup, jam and cereals are good for using syns

I don't tend to use them on chocolate or alcohol, but I do like the little extras - a bit of mayo or ketchup, a bit of extra cereal (I currently have bite size shredded wheat in the cupboard, and the 28g serving on the HexB is pitiful!), a cook-in sauce etc.

Carly - yes I'm a bit like you. I tend not to use syn'd versions of ingredients in recipes so that I can 'save' syns for chocolate in the evening. However, we have a bowl of mixed fruit an hour or so after tea (mine with a free yoghurt topping & hubby with squirty cream) and just don't have room for anything else!

Back