Anyone else struggling??

kingleds said:
If he's really that bothered he can always iron them himself :cool:.

To reheat - microwave on full for about 10-15 mins depending on what it is

I like your thinking! He's not bad really, just a danger to himself and others when he has an iron in his hand!! Yikes...

An iron? What is zis sing you call iron? You mean those vitamin supplement thingiewotsits? :rolleyes:

I think all of my points have been made for me but I'll reiterate a few:

1- Plan, plan, plan. Pick out your meals for the week and prepare as much as you can when you aren't working. There is no shame in buying pre-prepared veg, salad or fruit if you can afford it, you'll find that knocks a while off your cooking time. Also, a lot of people round here use frozen veg which was something I'd never done before SW, but it comes in handy and is time-saving.

2- Your cooking will get faster the longer you do the diet- soon you won't even need to look at the recipe. In the meantime, here are a few of my fave kitchen tricks- Microwave steam bags: great for veg (in under 5 mins) and no washing up! Roasting bags- don't save *that* much time but ensure a great chicken every time and you literally just bung your ingredients in with the meat and turn it a few times and- guess what- no washing up!! Slow Cookers- just throw your meat in with your pre-prepared veg in the morning and it's ready when you get home. Serve with some new potatoes cooked in a microwave steam bag and voila! Can't get out of the washing up with that one though.

3- Unfortunately, your wife needs to understand that this process is new to you and you are getting your head around it. You will both benefit from losing weight and she will get the man she married back but unfortunately that takes time and patience. I understand she has had a hard day at work, but so have you- nobody said this was going to be easy. Suggest she has an apple whilst she waits for her tea and maybe give her something to remind her why you are doing this ( a photo of the two of you together in your svelter days?).

4. Do not give up! Come to the forum as often as you need to for support and read through as many diaries and recipe threads as you can- you'll soon understand that everyone here struggles from time ti time.

You sound like a lovely husband! x

I make my life as simple as possible. I make a big tub of soup on a Sunday, usually butternut squash, grilled pepper. And stick that in the fridge, that lasts me 5/6 lunches. I have a muller and banana or fruit every breakfast. And tea, if I have a busy day tomorrow, I'll make something the night before to throw in the slowcooker in the morning. I sauté whatever, then throw it in a big freezer bag and put it in the fridge. Then in morning just throw it in slow cooker and turn on. I know I've still cooked but it then feels like a day off tomorrow lol. I honestly never spend an hour in the kitchen each night,and I have a family of 4. I do own a kenwood food processor which is wonderful and saves chopping time. You can make so much with it. If I've nothing planned it would end up something like sw chips ( so easy ) salad or tinned carrots ( third super free) mushy peas, frozen piece of cod or salmon. All easy bung in oven or pan ;)
Stir fries are quick. Especially shop bought. You could batch cook at weekend , chilli, spag Bol, Ragu, curry, stew etc and freeze ready to take out. I think it's all about researching recipes that are bung it in oven,or pan, or slow cooker and voila ;) I love rissotto but boy you won't find me stood in the kitchen stirring for 30 mins very often! good luck x

Back